Mental Health and the Existentialists: 2

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Tnerb, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Tnerb Banned Banned

edit: Exista brent is an idiot, so his posts are idiotic. It would be preferable for you to skim through, read others posts, and then one of mine in response, or something like this, so you don't have to read around in stupidity. The thread is sort of like this itself. So, you see, try to find the missing exista link! The thread is here for the reason to me.

below is also an entire edit

First thread: IMO a great success. This thread continues exactly the same thing:

I am asking for help with a certain problem, right... which possibly everyone has! This is only one of the many possibilities to the truth of this thread. The first thread, if you review it (I will give a link to it shortly) clearly shows how people were drawn into it, I believe. I would like feed back on this. Regardless this thread is going to simply talk about my personal problems [the thread is subject to a lot of questioning. this above all is important. It is very subjective. What I am saying in this first post is only related to the content of the thread in that it is attempting to explain what the content will be about. I hope you enjoy even this feature.] It is above all, philosophical. I have considered putting it into the philosophy section. Yet: I cannot seem to find a reason to! The reason is likely that I cannot get a job or be around people, and so the content of "philosophy", seems to disappear, while I am struggling to make sence to any who will reply. This is the content. It is here due to the first one being sort of successful, and my attempting to find out how I am supposed to live in this life, or if it is "a life." I agree: it is.....

We will start the thread following in such responses

Enjoy!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tnerb Banned Banned

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Where to start.?...hmmmm....?
    OK ...let's start with the attribute of human behaviour labeled "Hope"

Brent, you hope to be able to "work" this thread. That you can keep the thread on track and that it will be as you hoped it will be...yes?

Unfotunately this is not likely to occur. If you do a quick assessment of most threads you will find that they very rarely stay on topic from more than a few posts and usually wander off into the realm of general discussion, flaming, spamming etc very quickly.

So in this regard your hope is setting you up for a dis-appointment, and that is usually what unrealistic hopefulness generates; Dis-appointment.

Hope is usually applied to circumstances that you have no control over. That things will work out in the way you would wish for, even though you already know that there is no guarrantee of success you hope for that success. Hope is a gamble, or a statement of inability to control.

So I ask you;
    How much of your life is hope and how much does not require so much hoping? [ just something to think about and requires no posted response unless you wish to]

For example:
    If you go to your front door of you home with keys in hand how much hope do you need to open the door lock?

or,

If you go to your front door with out keys in hand how much hope do you have that the door is already unlocked?

Obviously if you are careful with your keys hope becomes less of a necessity.

I guess what I am putting forward is that whilst "Hope" is necessary in all things it has always been humanities endeavour to remove the need for hope as it recognises that hope alone is futile and deluding with out ability.

Another example [ generalisation] would be a student sitting an exam. If he has studied well his hopefulness is less than someone who has studied less.

To empower your reader with the ability to respond you need to show something that gives the reader that ability.
    The thread has no clear line of enquiry or question raised, thus it offers no empowerment to the reader to allow them to respond in a way that fulfills your intentions.

Thus your hope is showing through. You are hoping that someone will read between the lines and make assumptions as to the question being asked. You are assuming reader familiarity with your previous threads.

The reason I bring all this up is that "hope" can be a very powerful deluder and is worth thinking about and learning the difference between realistic hoping and unrealistic hoping. [ something we all suffer the need to continuously learn, I might add]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2006
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tnerb Banned Banned

QQ, your post is very nice. About the idea of hope, I like that and it is one of the things I am trying to implant in my head! ---I hope I do! I hope this, or that! That I have a part within myself which I see I can do nothing about, that I am trying to strengthen, and I consider that most people strengthen "IT" by going out into the world (dr phil comes to mind! ha!)---, and just living, that perhaps, that is the thing in my head which .... you get the picture.

SO the problem in my head is becoming clearer, with your post. That I am trying to make it so that, others are able to talk with me, I am able to talk with them! I am able to allow people to talk to me in real life, without thinking about it so much.

Very interesting talk I wonder how the normal person goes about it.

8. Tnerb Banned Banned

QQ, it's like I have all the necessities, all the "capabilities".... EXCEPT for dad-gum one! I 'hope' that you come to know me better.

One of these capabilities is experiencing thought and understanding some of these advanced things that I read, I have the thought part down pat, says Mr Anonymous in the other thread "Can you PLEASE" in the free thoughts section also. I am hoping that this thread is also understood as the "Exista meets everyone" thread, the existabrent thread, the thread of all and .. everything! ... will try and respond more

9. Tnerb Banned Banned

EDIT: Adding to content of idiotic post [this one], I will say:

What I am describing in this dumb post is perhaps what I am saying about how somebody or everybody has. In the first thread I stated that i am lovely or something like this. This "aspect of my hope" or, perhaps even "faith", is simple to describe i should describe it further:

This being lovely. I believe I can describe it, as terrible as it does sound. It is simply my case, QQ, everyone. It simply is here me, trying to talk to you. Saying, ok, this is my problem. It is not a good thing, being so lovely, so.... help me ish. I perhaps am doing it by myself. It is hard to stop, who must admit? .... Let me describe it further:

Adding to content of this thread greatly I might add [I am doing this after editing and deleting many of my first posts]: It is even fun to describe, exciting, might not be so well. Yet, this faith, this "hope".... Being lovely an example:

Walking into a store, the person I am lovely to. I am different and I wonder if others have this same aspect to them, in their "being" their "existenz".... Some form of how they see and or relate with others. This being lovely is a word to describe the essence/content/metaphysical something that everyone simply has and I am wondering if my having it, an analysis to what having "it" is. Such as, telling my theories for a very first , thou not completely....:

There is this, perhaps it is a withdrawl from life into a thought. I am not sure how people live to be honest, of course. Ask me a question of how I should continue.

Before Edit:

Here is a response worth the responsing....

I am wondering about an idea i have had for a while now.

It is the unfortunate idea, that one can go down (a person can go down) to anything that is possible. It is simple, and nothing could possible be more true than this, right? ... Well.. I was wondering due to this, what is possible for the individual? How this can relate; to, ... what this hope can go as a maximum (possible experienceable) for the individual, me. What this hope can go down to, or what word would go inplace of "hope" that I experience, as posted in the first post of the first thread, I am lovely, this and that and this thing of my hope as something definative. What IS this thing? Is it possible to define this aspect, and do people have this, everyone? I am asking is it possible to define these such, thanks.

I do hope that this thread goes well, and continues as I have intended for it to, and perhaps is as well or surely better than the first one. They aren't rivals, both are great!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  10. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Faith.

If one defines faith as being a sense of certainty in ones own abilites and preparedness.

Faith seems to me to relate to a continuum of expected truths or events. Such as "I have faith that the sun will rise in the morning and will set in the evening" "I have faith that if I learn how to roller blade then I will be able to roller blade." Basic stuff!

"I do not hope to roller blade if I have learned to roller blade. But I have faith that I can because I have learned to do so."

Possibly I might hope to roller blade in good weather [ I cannot control the weather ] However I have faith that there will be some sort of weather etc...do you see what I mean?

So possiblky draw the distinction between faith and hope and work with that for a while.

11. Tnerb Banned Banned

EDIT: Another interesting post, yet an idiot post. I am leaving it instead of deleting it for it may say some interesting things for the past of the thread. A choice to read it or not!

...i find this is a interesting thread. the most of intention seems to me to be in getting people to know me for one. two, would be that I wish a detailed description of the truth of my case. I find this possible. Is there a disagreement? If there is, I would be interested to hear how.

The "truth of my case", for people new to the thread, is that I am having a problem and am wondering how other people are... these SORTS of things though it is hard to say what "real" things...

So basically at the time it seems to be getting it sorted out and starting. I hope ellion isn't dead, he's likely off having a great time somewhere, in the midst of life. Hurry up ellion, come back home! He is a friend of mine I'm missing.

In other words it seems like I want to know what's wrong with me, this requires apparently, people to understand me myself. The thread as much could be titled "exista meets sciforums", or let's welcome exista here. or something stupid like that. Anyway I figure that it is possible to put truth to my case, sort of like a diagnosis on the site. Sorta like a system. You see my point

And it would thus greatly relate to how others are. Another goal of the thread is expressing my ideas. I want to be heard--- known.... and if I am wrong, it would be an incredible experience to learn how.

......... interesting?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  12. Tnerb Banned Banned

... I should have faith in my abilitys, when I do not. I need to begin to develope my ability of such a faith in myself?

i donot really have any sort of a sence in certainty in such (typing w/ 1 hand is appreaNtly helpful

)

so: ..this faith, then, for me my friend--- is as u know, different... and this is what I object to in your statement. (this is now me typing full handedly)

and as i begin, i begin to dis-like the thread more?

i wonder about the average one's sence in this. if i can come to realize them as "nietzsche's herd!" for example. if they possibly are more certain in their abilitys than me, etc.

QQ, i am glad to respond to you in a way relating to what you talked about on a personal matter. it brings my own ideas to the relation, on the screen.

... for me it seems to be "i have myself, and that is the bottom line" i "also have the evil genius, and he sometimes confuses my truth to become myself" when also "there is the fact that i should relate to life and let go of everything", there is so much, and this faith is expecting the great becoming back to myself. .....

What is this so called distinction between faith and hope?

i do not wish to hope, I do wosh to have faith. however, I do hope that I have faith

there is also the trying of many ideas which i am sure others do not try, such as relating my thoughts to certain ways of going, like, ok, i had a good idea in my head (hope, maybe?) about how i can start doing, however I have forgotten that now and it irratates me, so now I am deciding to forget it and it drove me (today, for example) to quit the thoughts, and that lead me today to schopenhauer and his thought as disease (which I would love to have a peice of permenant). and work myself to become a stronger person. :Know myself: to rid of these such thoughts I cannot get rid of, thus ie sartre is wrong about his idea that human being is nothing (i understand, but he says the past does not matter), while the past matters in that i have this thing in my head, which, though i do not know what it is, i cannot quit having it's prevention to such things though again i don't know what it is.

so the faith and hope is very confusing thing

i have tried to respond to your message a bit

13. Tnerb Banned Banned

I have taught my dad a whole lot, and he is exercising himself now in becoming sane instead of an infurated mouse. That should describe it. He is a stronger person than I am, and it is harder to relate to him now! He should thank me

This is just funny, and completely true

14. Tnerb Banned Banned

He seems to have an interested like the psychologists. He's a good man, just has a sad point to it all. I however, am mr hitler, not in life, issues in my head, wanting the other. funny stories sorry just had to tell u

15. Tnerb Banned Banned

one hell of an interesting life. my dad being mouse and i being hitler. it is amusing me

16. AmishRakeFight Remember, remember. Registered Senior Member

From my perspective, in this sentence lies your problem. Many would say you lack confidence in yourself as a person. Your mind is a very powerful instrument, but it can be your best friend or your worst nightmare. If you constantly tell yourself that other people are better than you, that you can't socialize, that people will think you're wierd, then what do you think you're brain is going to think? You've got to reassure yourself that you are an intelligent, social creature that desires to be social. Once you start breaking down the barriers in your mind, you will finally be able to achieve your ultimate goal.

AmishRakeFight

17. Tnerb Banned Banned

18. Tnerb Banned Banned

good post AmishRakeFight

What do u think of it QQ? I thought he shot right to it yet needs further replys

19. Tnerb Banned Banned

the thread is starting to seem pretty cool to me, guys. Amish, I hope we continue to communicate here, it is a good place for us to do so. It is also apparently a place for reading interesting things. "interesting", yeah... I don't know why others don't post in here, or why this thread is sort of freaking dis-liked. but it seems to be. anyway, it will continue. with that said i should like to reply to more of amish rake fights post, because it seems that there is more that I can say there. But, tis is salso a take ur time thread. so take ur time.

qq, what happend to u?
    ellion, what the world?
    mr. anonymous: this thread would be great conversation and put down mr brenty's ideas, thead. that is the current intention.
    spidergoat, u autta come and tell me how my ideas should fall.

everyone, i invite you here for the sake that it is expressing all i know and, a first time at that. i love this thread so much hell that I am saving it to microsoft words and hope it continues. or rather i should start a new thread, with a new name for the same purpose with different focus completely
    I think I should do that....... but I will wait awhile. is this a good idea, in your opinion?

---EB

20. Tnerb Banned Banned

...things change often,

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Brent, I can only repeat what I posted earlier;

You seem to be wanting people to "fuss" over your psychological state. Your craving for being the center of conversation or discussion is so obvious that I presume most people are immediately put off from posting because they don't want to "feed" the "obsession" and thus they feel impotent in their ability to offer help.

Certainly this is how I feel about responding to this thread.

22. Tnerb Banned Banned

That's how it is in real life then, as well. qq

23. Tnerb Banned Banned

recently i have learned that i have been putting forth a lot of effort that i haven't realized, and so, i realize that i can do a lot more than i think i did. if you wish, i will end this thread, and start another one, only, when that happens, i will take the appropriate steps