Confessions of an economic hitman

Discussion in 'Politics' started by charles cure, Feb 14, 2006.

1. it was a pretty excellent book that really elucidated a lot of the behind the scenes connections between large corporate interests and the government in the United States. it also corroborated a lot of my own suspicions about globalization really being a manifestation of western imperial ambition. i dont know if anyone else has read it, but no matter what you think about the issues raised in it, it is worth a read.

confessions of an economic hitman by john perkins

this relates to politics and economics so i posted the thread under both headings.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Nudge.

It's an old book, But I read it, and It's a confirmation of everything you suspected, Corporate greed control the government, and by forcing developing countries to accept loans under misguided assumptions, they "hook" them into the IMF and World Bank.
    The best bit is, this isn't a "buy my silver bullet" thing, It's a confession, written from the heart.

Also, I know many of us pretend to care about politics, and the lives of the people in far away places. But if you actually do care, then read it. Despite it being 2 years out of date.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.