screw valentine's day

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by esoterik appeal, Feb 13, 2006.

1. esoterik appeal h. pylori Registered Senior Member

by way of another website:

here we go on another alcohol inspired rant, but i guess my favorite thing about posting here is that even at 4+ in the am the hardiest of you will still make fun of me...

barring the fact that i find enjoyment in being buried in empty miller lite bottles at this time of day, i still think that it is sickening that my LEGAL music downloading site, which just so happens not to be american (those of you who watch the office may know what i'm talking about), brandishes the sappy hallmarks of valentine's day at this early stage of the game.

what a horrible task to lay on the male population so close to christmas. for those of you with girlfriends that have winter birthdays, pity will do you little good. let's hope to jesus that you filed your taxes insanely, or wisely, as the case may be, early.

being alone at this time of year is painful, but not as painful as the fiscal crunch of rampant affectionism/symbolism/baublism that afflicts the burdened of us. it is the Olympics dammit; my money is tied up in American flags, celebratory beer, and fake Michelle Kwan autographs. if i was attached, i'd be placing nutty bets on things like curling and possibly Apollo Ohno... oh no.

luckily, i am free of the divine affliction.. imagine that. however, my cozy little space is invaded by droopy roses and gawdy, glittery, godless little teddy bears at every turn. the purveyors of gulit and self-loathing land a crushing blow against the weak this week. they are despicable. these leeches mask their bloodlust with innuendo and outright depravity, leaving the sting squarely on those of us who choose not to nest this season. what kind of world are we living in when we can't shelter from a world of horny promises in the recesses of indiiferent ones and zeros?

jesus, that sucks.

regards and backspaces...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dzerzhinsky Communist Registered Senior Member

Not another guy who couldn't get a date...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. esoterik appeal h. pylori Registered Senior Member

hahaha...

obviously, you got me so good.

where are you going to dinner?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dzerzhinsky Communist Registered Senior Member

Haven't decided yet.

I prefer making decisions at the last moment.

8. esoterik appeal h. pylori Registered Senior Member

oooooo... spontaneous.

i'd suggest 7:00 for the state bread and soup line. if you're lucky your date may get just enough beef in her gruel to give it a slight red tint, commrade.

9. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

10. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Being with someone who thinks Valentine's Day is the ultimate day for romance is definately someone you should not be with. Sure it's a day to show how much you love someone but what's the point? In the end it is just another materialistic holiday for you to spend money on shite things. Various media try to drum it into our heads that people need to do something romantic on this day to show the person you love that you indeed love them. Why? Are people so insensitive that they can't do that every other day of the year? No, of course not. We're just brainwashed to go along with what many have aptly coined a "Hallmark Day". People feel obligued to do something for the one they love on this onoe single day of the year. That's not what love is about, you don't do things because you feel obligued to. You do it because you want to.

Pah, rant over.

11. esoterik appeal h. pylori Registered Senior Member

12. purple_hairstreak My true colours clash Registered Senior Member

Bah! It's just another day and all that...

13. Azael Registered Senior Member

Valentines day is awesome for two reasons.

1) You don't actually have to buy anyone shit
    2) It's a great time to point out to some people how no-one loves them and no-one ever could.

14. river-wind Valued Senior Member

Hear, hear, Thor! It's a stupid invented holiday to make you spend your money on crap.

Make every day valentine's day, and there is no need for valentine's day. Why does the amount you love some one have to be materialized in credit card debt? The whole concept of "If you love me, spend more money" is a horrible cultural trait that devalues the connection between people.

15. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

I actually started a propaganda campaign in school against valentines day. Not because I haet it (I don't particularly like it anyway) but because I like making and distributing propaganda.
    In school there is a "valentines postbox" for wimps to post anonymous letters to the objects of their foolish teen desires. Must burn with fire.

16. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Then burn it. Or put a stink bomb in that box.

17. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Or use such devices to your advantage. Send valentines to the badasses of your school from your most hated enemy.

Who says holidays aren't fun?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  18. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Just remembered Black Adder, that's all

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Hey, valentines is my b-day!

And how can you resist those unhealthy but delicious cinammon hearts? Perhaps the best candy ever invented.

20. leopold Valued Senior Member

my sister got married on valentines day.
    still with the same guy too

21. Roman Banned Banned

I don't even know what day valentines day is. Sometime in February, I know, cause it's the same month as my bday. But I love it nonetheless. You could say I heart it. <3. lessthanthree.
    &tc

But bashing holidays is so... lame. Like omg, it's consumerism! Yeah, so what. Capitalism was the best thing that ever happened to your suburban life. You live and breathe it. STFU, noob.

Coincidentally, I always seem to break out in oral herpes around VD. I'm not sure if it's the cold weather and the sensitivity my large, luscious lips have for the cold and dry, or my lascivious relationships with sailors. I mean hot women.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  22. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

The welsh valentines day is 19th of January, but no-one except the welsh nationalists and welsh language teachers knows that.

23. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

I don't like Valentine's Day because it gives people an excuse to be good to their partner one day of the year and slack off the rest of it. That, and since most couples are doing something special on the exact same day, everything is booked, crowded, and traffic sucks!

It's better to celebrate Valentine's Day before or after the crowd calms down. Not only that, heck, it's better to celebrate Valentine's Day every day with your significate other. Don't be lazy and limit the romance for one day of the year.

- N