Are there still really any Bush supporters?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mikasa11, Feb 8, 2006.

1. mikasa11 Registered Senior Member

I just find it hard to believe that there are any significant numbers of people who would still support Bush.

He's gone from bad to worse to worser and beyond. Nothing but disasters and disfunction in his wake.

I don't have to list them, but with the wiretapping, it just flies in the face of the very foundations of our nation. Everything we've been brought up to believe. Everything America and Americans have ever fought against.

I just don't see it. I guess if you look at the holocaust, you can figure that some people are fine with ANYTHING as long as they think they personally are safe. And there bound to be some wackos, but I can't believe Bush support isn't in the 20%s...

So the question is: Is the 40% Bush support real or is it just more "Astroturf" to fool us into thinking that Bush has any form of support?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

Its probably higher than 40%, but since all polls are skewed based on the demographic asked, then no real results from a poll could be acceptable. The election is about the only way to tell what the entire country is thinking, but even then, it is still skewed because lots of people don't vote.

You may hate him now, but I suppose history and outcome won't be shown during his presidency anyway. Probably years and years later people will look back and be like "Man IRAQ is an awesome country to live in and it wouldn't have happened as quickly or at all without the US assistance of ridding the country of a maniac." Again, this is speculation, as we won't know for many years to come. Just like tons of people thought erradicating slavery was stupid and they were all pissed off at the time, but looking back today, it was awesome that it was erradicated.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. leopold Valued Senior Member

why do you sound so surprised?
    the us government has done this sort of thing off and on since at least 1950
    only when fisa was enacted in 1978 did the public become aware of it

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

Martin Luther King Jr was illegally wiretapped, blackmailed, and slandered/defamed by the FBI.

8. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Oh, but that was THEN. That'll neeeeeever happen now. We learn from our mistakes. We should all trust our current administration. They're all looking out for us from them terrorists!

/end sarcasm

Illegal wiretapping = killing two birds with one stone. Use the excuse of terrorism and get it passed and have people be fine with that reason, but still be able to use it for other purposes at the same time.

- N

9. hug-a-tree Live the life Registered Senior Member

Bush is a sneaky little guy, I think. He has enough money to take him anywhere.

There are less supporters now more then ever. I can see why.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No, really, there are plenty of Bush supporters out there. Hard to believe, but true.

11. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

its cuz he promised to protect us against the scottish police with his bicycle.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

I like Bush because he reminds me of myself- messes up sometimes and has no idea why or what actually happened.

13. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

he is the president of the united states of america.
    he should not leave enough slack to even make the kinds of mistakes he has made in the last six years.

14. leopold Valued Senior Member

i like bush too
    cause the first thing he does when he gets out of bed is scratch his balls and says lets go and kill some terrorists

15. leopold Valued Senior Member

this is the biggest problem, no oversight

16. WhisperBlade Registered Senior Member

"The only Bush I trust, is mine." ~Sign carried by an Anti-War Protester.