Is this administration trying to wreck the economy?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mikasa11, Feb 8, 2006.

1. mikasa11 Registered Senior Member

According to David Stockman, OMB director under Ronald Reagan, the deficit and debt increase of the Reagan years was intentionally implemented to force the economy into a crisis to achieve a restructuring of government spending and cutting discretionary programs. Fortunately, there were some limits to what Congress would approve at the time although the military spending did get the Soviet Union to bankrupt itself trying to keep up.

Now, there doesn't seem to be any limits on spending with massive tax cuts and, among other things,a bottomless pit of spending in Iraq and the Republican prescription drug "benefits" program for Medicare. The Republicans can't give money to their supporters fast enough. Congressional Republicans don't seem to care how many Billions are wasted or are unaccounted for in Iraq and elsewhere. Coupled with the fact that foreign debt has doubled since Bush took office, adding a Trillion dollars in 5 years, I have to think that the Bush administration wants the economy to crash, wants to default on foreign debt, and wants to radically restructure our economy and government spending if not our entire society.

Are we one more terrorist incident away from having this happen? Does anyone else think that the Democrats and many Republicans don't realize how radical the intent of this administration really is?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Agitprop Registered Senior Member

Agreed. It might be difficult to engineer a right wing, totalitarian theocracy otherwise.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Anomalous Banned Banned

First answer the why part of it.

Why would would it be crashed.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. first of all i dont agree with you that any of that will cause the economy to crash, not within the limit of Bush's term at least, which, according to his poll numbers looks like it will be the end of the republican's 8 year turn at running our country. in that case, the democrats will jump back into office and undo most of what bush has done, and the cycle will continue. our society is locked into a system where you only elect a representative from one of two political parties who are almost identical to each other in terms of structure and ideology. the economy just sways back and forth between them with all of its normal ups and downs no matter who is steering it. to think that the bush administration is doing anything worse to the economy then a Kerry administration would have done, is almost a complete delusion.

8. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i can bet that with a kerry administration, an exit strategy in iraq would have been considered.
    as things stand, unless an ideological opposite of bush takes office, things wont get much better economically.

9. Anomalous Banned Banned

Kerry was funded by the same people Bush was, They are using democracy.

10. yeah youre probably right about iraq. but theres no way we would have gotten out of there without spending a lot of money to do it, so although we would be out, we wouldnt be too much further ahead i dont think. plus we would look like pussies. im no supporter of the iraq war, but if youre going to go into a country, fuck it up and rebuild it, you might as well follow through.

11. Alejandro -2 Minutes To Midnight- Registered Senior Member

maybe to destroy social security.

12. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

charles....
    i dont think we would be out of the war yet, but i think there would be a well thought out strategy as to how the conflict would end on our part.
    that is something that is lacking with this administration: thinking beyond 10 minutes in the future.

13. yeah, well i guess i've come to expect a lack of foresight on the part of the Bushies, thus far its been the administrations only distinguishing feature. i can only hope that it blows up in their face and people get so sick of it that they elect someone other than a republican or democrat for the first time in a little over a century.

14. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

The answer to the question, Is this administration trying to wreck the economy?, is yes. Like an Enron exec furiously selling shares before reporting fraud, Bush needs to wreck the economy as fast as possible before the jig is up. That's how he and his wealthy supporters optimally rape the country for personal gain. The common denominator of corrupt governments is an economy in ruins.

15. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

im not necessarily a "doomsayer", but i think that if something isnt done quickly about all of the white house's foreign spending, we wont have anything left for at home.
    our education system sucks. the only reason i am above average intelligence is that i learned OUTSIDE of school.
    our road systems suck, but mostly because they are handled by the state, and not by the feds.
    in a time like this, bush shouldnt be trying to make tax cuts permanent. he should be RAISING taxes, to fund these programs.

instead he spends OUR money on other countries.
    its complete bullshit.

16. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

All I'm gonna say, to whoever's running this country, is get our house in order before you start trying to clean someone else's.

17. Anomalous Banned Banned

Hi Zanket,

I am Human 2.0 , so how come your Avatar is 60x60 ?

18. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

*claps hands*

19. i really think that our government is almost completely beyond the control of the people at this point. its discouraging.

20. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Actually, he spends future generations' money on American mega-corporations that got him into office. They in turn spend a fraction of that money on other countries, spend a fraction on the Republican party's future campaigns and future kickbacks to Bush when he leaves office (think $100K per hour speaking fees), and build mansions with the rest. The military is heavily outsourced to the corporations.

21. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Maybe it got grandfathered in.

22. Anomalous Banned Banned

:bugeye:

23. Happeh Registered Senior Member

No. You are wrong about this. The Israeli Loyal Neo Cons and the Bush Administration are purposefully doing all of this.

You really ought to stop reading McNews. It is all propaganda and lies. If you want reality, you might try here.

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/index.html