Mother of all ironies: Gonzalez says senators could have done

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mikasa11, Feb 7, 2006.

1. mikasa11 Registered Senior Member

something if they believed the wiretapping was illegal. But, whoever blew the whistle to the News paper about the wiretapping broke the law by leaking classified info. He says senators should have voiced their objections but they were sworn to not talk about classified information. He talked about both today without even realizing the irony when he was asked about pursuing the leaker.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Heck, who didn't already know about the government spying on us?

The only thing that was leaked was the no-no of Bush circumventing the FISA courts. And to that, I applaud the leaker.

- N

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

did any of you see what jimmy carter had to say?
    damn! when jimmy carter gets mad at you, you KNOW you have done something wrong!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

if Jimmy carter ran in 08 he would win hands down,no one could even get close.

id vote for him.

8. qwerty mob Deicidal Registered Senior Member

I wish Ron Paul would run for Prez; he's one of the few good 'Pubs... his views are "libertarian" (Small Gov't, Protect Liberty, Reform Driven) and he was one of a handful of conservatives who voted against the Patriot Acts.

My "dream ticket" would be Ron Paul (TX Repub) and Bernie Sanders (VT Indie), but it'll never happen...

/nod I'd have voted for Carter again

9. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i wouldnt...he is like 400 years old.

10. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

good,he has experience at the job,he has won the noble peace prize,he builds houses for people with no home,he would get the actual christian vote as he was a sunday school teacher.

his brothe Billy would come back and bring Billy beer with him.

Him and clinton would get along great.

allthou i dont know who he would get for a running mate.

Jesse Ventura?

now thats an unbeatable ticket.

11. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Yeah, I like Jimmy Carter. Always did. I'd vote for him. He should run with Leiberman.

12. dkb218 Banned Banned

I thought there were laws against protecting someone who broke the law. If Franky kills Jimmy and I know about it, I can be brought up on charges.

This Gonzales guy fits well into the Bush admin. I wonder If they plan on using him as the fall guy when and if the shit hits the fan?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

14. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

And then Carter rips off his face and, lo and behold, its Nixon.

15. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Gonzalez's claim that the warrantless wiretapping is necessary to catch terrorists, ignoring the fact that warrants can be had retroactively but weren't and aren't, is a picture perfect example of dictatorship in the making. The same argument can obviously take away all citizens' rights. As long as the majority votes Republican (i.e. against themselves), it will only get worse.

16. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

dunno if lieberman would be a good choice....i would say kerry or mrs clinton.

either one of those tickets would be unbeatable.

17. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Maybe not, but I like Lieberman. Seems like a smart, thoughtful man.

18. Alejandro -2 Minutes To Midnight- Registered Senior Member

Lieberman's got no balls. he is part of the reason Gore lost.

Hillary on the other hand has a pair on her, their made of brass too.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Even more ironic is the GOP appointing an indicted money launderer, Tom Delay, to the House Appropriations Committee.

20. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

I hope the creep is convicted and put in jail. Same with all the creeps at Yahoo, Google and Microsoft who are helping communist china repress the chinese people for a few more bucks.

As to whether Lieberman has balls, Alejandro, I'd like you to consider the fact that a man with balls doesn't need to shout it from the roof-tops. On the contrary, it's usually those without balls that do the most shouting.

21. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Whatcha expect? These corrupt politicians look after one another. Hell, it's the reason why John Ashcroft was put in the position of Attourney General when he lost his '00 Missouri senate seat election to a dead guy, Mel Carnahan, who was killed in a "freak plane accident".

But hey, we're supposed to all "trust" these people; our.. leaders.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

- N

22. Alejandro -2 Minutes To Midnight- Registered Senior Member

just stating the facts, Lieberman as a presidential candidate is a gift to the repubs.

23. dkb218 Banned Banned

Hillary, Liberman, Gore, Kerry, Bush, Cheney...What difference does it make? All cards of the same deck.