Pentagon Budgeting

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sci-Phenomena, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

Its time to cut the pentagons spending! The U.S. military has more cash flowing into it than any other military in the world. Its the destroying the trust of the other nations, the mass flow of cash into the pentagon is inflating the money of the money of the American public. And now: BUSH WANTS MORE MONEY TO BE SPENT ON THE PENTAGON.

Through the pentagons overly massive budget the U.S. Government is accomplishing what I call: "Military Fuedalism: A situation in which government spending is mostly used on its military supplies and wars."

This definition rings true, since the United States Military spends more money than any other part of the United States Budget. Naturally the corperations who sell supplies to the United States Military want it to go to war....

What are YOUR thoughts on this?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dkb218 Banned Banned

In his budget, he says:

Which means, "I'm gonna give more money to my pals over at Halburton to waste." I love the way he says that this money is gonna be spent on the troops on frontlines to fight the war or terror. I do believe that he said this once before yet the troops on the frontlines didn't have decent flack jackets.

Okay, so he increase money to his special interest groups and cuts it from who? The average citizen. I'm not sure about you but I'd rather have money being spent on people in need of medicine to live than to have it given to the rich. I mean, didn't he just cut taxes for them? Now grandma's gonna have to die so the rich can get richer? Not fair. Not right.

I find it criminal that the 18 billion for Katrina only helps the companies cleaning up NO. Not much if any is being spent on the people of NO to help them get back on there feet.

I guess Dwight D. Eisenhower saw it coming when he said:
    "In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. "

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4686684.stm
    I almost fell of my chair reading this. The man is cutting down on health care to raise the defense budget with 7% and the homeland security funds with 3.3%.

It reads like a bad joke.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kmguru Staff Member

Bush is using the triage principle. Those old folks lost their value to the society...so let them die. He thinks they will go to heaven and thank him for it.That is his Christianity. American people like it, because of that choice:

Your grandma or your child's security....