Are names important?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by euphrosene, Feb 4, 2006.

1. euphrosene Delusions of Divinity? Registered Senior Member

Do names have unique energies? And, if so, what does yours say about you?

I'm especially curious, with some of the ultra-unusual ones on this particular forum.

PS mine really is Euphrosene

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

I like your name..... although I'll have to admit, Euphrosene sounds like some sort of drug.

Euphrosene.......For Children and young adults, take 2 tablets every three to four hours.....temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to the common cold, hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies, and nasal congestion associated with sinusitis

I'm not sure about associated energy, but I have noticed that alot of people with the same name tend to have common characteristics with other people that have the same name.... like "pam". Lots of pams that I know are fat, and smoke cigarettes. All of the Emilys that I know are all short.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

And apparently, the most feared name by teahcers is Tammy. They are mostly class-distrupters, appartently

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

Perhaps you think that because hearing a person's name makes you remember someone else with the same name and you end up associating them...

8. euphrosene Delusions of Divinity? Registered Senior Member

Ha! I like that.. the drug bit... especially if it worked to get more paying readers!

More controversially though, didn't the French government once insist that all names come from a 'list'?

And what of all the Mohammads? Would that 'mass up' the energy of the original?

9. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

If you subscribe to a paradigm describing the universe that includes the term "spirit," then yes, a name has spirits. It has the spirit of all the other people who share that name and of all the people who had it before. It has the spirit of the (presumably) parents who chose the name and the thoughts and feelings that caused them to bestow it. It has the spirit of the person who bears it and his own conscious and unconscious reaction to it.

People who choose their own nicknames or have their names changed legally--or choose handles in forums such as this--inject a lot of their own spirit into it. I know I would love to channel the spirits of the Fraggles.

10. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

BTW, Euphrosene is the Grace of Mirth. Difficult to google because there is a famous writer named Euphrosene Labon. It seems to be a popular handle on intellectually-oriented BBSs like this one.

Nice spirit in that name!

11. euphrosene Delusions of Divinity? Registered Senior Member

I like to use the term EMF (electro-magnetic frequencies)... which can be increased or reduced...

12. euphrosene Delusions of Divinity? Registered Senior Member

Famous? More a testament to SEO and the Google Grip.

At the moment, my books make me enough for a jar of Alta Rica once a month! But one day...

As for the spelling, the correct mythological one is Euphrosyne. There is also an Egyptian bishopess called Euphrosyna. In the 'olden days' Catholics had to give their children the name of a saint ... back to the energy of names?

Stretching the symbolism a little, the way my mother spelt it (an 'e' instead of a 'y') made it numerically more (less?) significant.

Check out Pythagorean numerology...

13. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

How would you like to be named Augean?