Collapse of U.S. Economy Imminent *

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Solve et Coagula, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Solve et Coagula Banned Banned

Collapse of U.S. Economy Imminent *
    reposted of notepad *
    In its attempt to establish a world empire dominating every nation on the planet, the U.S. has exhausted its ability to finance the expansion and the country now faces imminent financial collapse. From all indications, it looks like 2006 will spell the end for America.
    Consider these five important points:
    Point #1 The U.S., Great Britain and Israel are preparing to attack Iran. As it appears the main reason for invading Iraq was to stop it from selling oil in Euros, likewise Iran has plans to dump the dollar come March 2006.
    Point #2 U.S. Treasury Secretary John Snow issued a warning recently that the U.S. Government is on the verge of collapse - as the statutory debt limit imposed by Congress of $8.184 trillion dollars would be reached in mid-February - the government would then be unable to continue its normal operations. Considering the current total U.S. debt stands at $8.162 trillion dollars, once the official debt ceiling ($8.184 trillion) is reached, the U.S. government’s credit abroad (its borrowing power) is gone. Those countries (mainly China) who presently keep America afloat by holding U.S. Treasury Notes, will most likely no longer continue doing so.
    Point #3 Bank Of America and Compass Bank managers (probably all other U.S. banks too) have been instructing their employees in the last few weeks on how to respond to customer demands in the event of a collapse of the U.S. economy - specifically telling the employees that only agents from the Department Of Homeland Security will have authority to decide what belongings customers may have from their safe deposit boxes - and that precious metals and other valuables will not be released to U.S. citizens. The bank employees have been strictly prohibited from revealing the banks’ new "guidelines" to anyone. (however, employees have been talking to friends and family)
    The next time you visit your bank, ask them about it - then ask yourself, why is this information being kept secret from customers and the public - what’s really going on?
    Point #4 FEMA has activated and is currently staffing its vast network of empty internment camps with armed military personnel - unknown to most Americans, these large federal facilities are strategically positioned across the U.S. landscape to "manage" the population in the event of a "terrorist" attack, a civilian uprising, large-scale dissent ,or an insurrection against the government. Some of these razor-wired facilities have the capacity of detaining a million people.
    Point #5 The Patriot Act and the US Senate’s vote to ban habeas corpus (Nov 14th) - along with George W. Bush having signed executive orders giving him sole authority to impose martial law, suspend habeas corpus and ignore the Posse Comitatus Act, have together pretty much destroyed any notions of freedom and justice for Americans.
    Summary: The U.S. economy is broken, the United States is bankrupt - the unchecked spending by this administration, the illegally waged wars against Afghanistan and Iraq, the cost of unprecedented weapons and military build-up - have all contributed to an irreversible emergency which is threatening our nation’s existence and our very lives.
    Hospitals are closing, major corporations are declaring bankruptcy and/or moving their companies overseas, the monopolized news media spews nothing but lies, and our fearless leaders have turned out to be only ruthless criminals hell-bent on destabilizing our country and robbing us all.
    Be aware - we stand at the threshold of total ruin - the international bankers and war profiteers care little for our lives and families - these demons worship money and all things vile and evil - they have very much to gain from war, misery, disease, famine, chaos and death (our deaths).
    We are right on the edge - the Treasury is already overextended - the U.S. government cannot (and will not) care for its own citizens’ needs, nor secure our borders against illegal aliens - plus, the whole "terrorist" thing is a cruel hoax perpetrated against a trusting citizenry - and only designed to instill fear and garner support for the genocide taking place in Iraq.
    Should America (along with British & Israeli forces) launch a war against Iran, or another country, without yet paying for, or even recovering from the current losses in Iraq and elsewhere - the costs of such of an invasion will overwhelm an already crippled economy and push the U.S. over the edge into oblivion.
    Question: Considering the U.S. Treasury Notes that China currently holds (which keeps the U.S. economy going)...
    Do you think China will continue to support a country’s economy (the U.S.) whose military launches a nuclear strike against its neighbor (Iran) - thus delivering a blanket of radioactive fallout over western Chinese provinces - killing hundreds of thousands, if not millions of its citizens?
    I think not.
    Factoring in the aforementioned points of "preparation" engineered by U.S. authorities, I’d say there’s a stinking rat in the woodpile ...can you smell it too?
    Source: http://bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=9995

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

I can't remember the last time somebody wasn't saying the US economy would collapse.
    Oh, and be assured that the next time we go into a depression we will be dragging the rest of the world down with us.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Is this for real? Does anyone have sources on this?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

clockwood....the world economy isnt based on america's success anymore.
    this is in part due to the digitalization of banking.
    do some research on the topic. it sucks, but i spent all day reading about it. really, the only nations that we would drag down with us are southeast asian countries that do the majority of our textile manufacturing.
    the rest would thumb their noses, and hope that america's nukes fall into non-maniacal hands.

8. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

our economy is based on consumerism,it can only be sustained for so long.

the ''internment camps'' are rumors and vagueries right now,i have yet to see pictures of them,or see them for my self.

you can tell a prison when you see one,the barbed wire points IN,not out,i have not seen any of these,and i have looked.

and america doesnt have the man power to enforce ANY marshall law,katrina proved that, a few idiots will heard themselves into camps,others will hide,some will fight.

the majority of the police will leave the force without a paycheck[its the only reason 90% of them keep going to work,the other 10% are psycotics].

precious metals are worthless without a structure in place to trade them,and gold is just a shiny rock unless it can be utilized as a resource,computers are the only thing keeping gold from being worthless[diamonds are allready worthless,hoarding is what keeps them afloat].

the majority of ''nukes'' are fake,90% of russian nukes were admited to be phony,just empty casings with radiation symbols on them,the american nukes are no diffrent,the only functional nukes on earth are inside submarines[the only place they would ever be useful as a delivery system].its ridiculous to even think we would waste trillions making bombs we would never use. mutual annilation was just as phoney as ''terrorism''.

its eaiser to say you made 10,000 nukes and pocket them money then to ACTUALY waste millions of tons of nuclear fuel [uranium is almost gone on earth] on worthless bombs that will never be dropped.

Big BLue is a conventional weapon that is just as powerful as small nukes,its much more economical,and produces no fallout.

we are chinas main importer,they would suffer economicly without us buying there garbage,and they have not built up enough to be a super power yet[not that america is a super power anymore].they wont let us fall until they are strong enough.

recession? yes

depression?60% likely

riots? 75% likely

utter collapse into russian like hell? not in the next 10 years at least

9. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

In several different threads, I have explained the advantages of alcohol as a economical, clean burning environmental*, renewable, currently available**, fuel. I did not understand why it is so little appreciated and US government support research for the hydrogen fueled car etc. when hydrogen is not a fuel, but only an inefficient fuel transport system that is still generated with even more consumption of fossil fuels.

I failed to recognize that alcohol is a threat to the dollar's value. So long as only the dollar can buy oil, then other governments will accept it and hold it in reserves. The US invaded Iraq, not to get rid of WMDs, (there were none), not to topple a terrible dictator, (Sadam was one but far from the worst.), but because Iraq had begun to sell oil for Euros.

Iran is planning to sell oil for Euros. The invasion of Iran will be for this reason, not more of the WMD crap. Iran has a real army and good air defenses. Iran can sink a supertanker in the strait of Hormuz, stopping gulf oil exports. I.e. it will be much more difficult and costly in US lives, but the dollar must be protected so the military can be paid.

*When produced from sugar cane, it actually removes CO2 from the air.

**In use for 30 years in Brazil.

10. Happeh Registered Senior Member

I have seen this. I do not have a link. There was a website with addresses for the camps. You could drive to them and you would be stopped before you go to where the camp was supposed to be. Looked really suspicious.

Google is your friend

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/camps.htm

11. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

No, critical thinking is our friend. Give us a break, Happeh. The American Patriot Friends Network is a scarcely literate fundamentalist/creationist fringe-group. They can't even spell "internment" correctly in your link. Hardly a reliable source on any subject as highly technical as the status and prognosis of the US economy, IMO.

However, there is indeed rather curious govt behavior like the Strategic Petroleum Preserve for instance, that can be easily verified. More believable anecdotes like this can really make me wonder about what my government is reacting to, yet not speaking publicly and candidly about.

For those unfamiliar, the U.S. government has been gushing millions of gallons of oil into Gulf-coast salt mines, a program that has received scarce government attention (or oil) after its inception in the late 70s. Until now. Why? ANd just how and to whom will this oil be distributed in emergency?

The entire SPR is about 1 month's supply at the current American appetite. It would of course last considerably longer than that under any reasonable scenario (interruption of Arabian oil only). Especially so, if the SPR is not intended for public use. Which would imply that the SPR is not really intended as a serious economic buffer, but instead as a way to power government's mobile (& military) assests for a time.

Which begs the question: If our economy were to tank, while government institutions and the military went rumbling on unimpeded, what would our society resemble?

I think that we are indeed already witnessing a turning, where defense mechanisms of government are organicly, automatically bulking up, while few of us are freaked out by it.

As a pilot, I often confront another visible example of this trend in avoiding the post-9-11 Washington ADIZ, yet the rest of America (and Manhattan) is left with pre-9-11 measures.

Some of the points of Solve et Coagula's cut-and paste from a rather sensationalist source may have some merit, but like Happeh's source above, it's not convincing to me to speak of internment camps, because I see a lot of the country and I haven't seen these.

So this thread would interest me more if we could steer the conversation more towards verifiable indicators of a fragile economy and nervous government.

12. Light Registered Senior Member

Yet another ranting, raving chicken-little who claims the sky is falling.

There isn't one word of truth anywhere in that whole pile of garbage. It's nothing more than an updated repeat of what the doom-sayers have been spouting for the last century.

13. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

LOL, get a life people. The U.S. isn't going to collapse. And for the person who said the world economy doesn't depend on the U.S., please tell me what all those European and Asian corporations plus the OPEC countries are going to do when the United States stops buying their products? To say the U.S. economy doesn't affect the world is laughable, not to mention a collapse would kill both the Canadian and Mexican economy as well.

14. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

our economy IS based on consumption.it IS unsistainable for any length of time.

something WILL have to change in the near future.

thats a fact.

we are allready in a recession ,its only a matter of time before its a depresion,and the only thing holding that back is the BILLION being pumped into the war.

''they''have been trying to reproduce tha economic boom of the post WW2 era for so long its the only economic plan that they have.

unless we get a shitload more manufacturing and exporting we will screw ourselves out of being anything more thne a fat stupid country of cattle.

but thats the way china wants us,so that the way we will stay.

15. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

For a recession this isn't so bad. Life is good, and I'm not even rich (part-time worker and college student). Saying this extremely shallow recession will lead to a depression is a little extreme in my opinion.

16. btimsah Registered Senior Member

Why is it the people who want American to collapse, also think* America will collapse and that the war in Iraq are evil?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It's always the same group..

17. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

wages are at the lowest level in 100 years,healthcare is a pipedream for most people,gas is geting expensive and gas milage is going down.

their havent been any actual career jobs created in a decade,just fast food hell jobs.

theres 20-25 million illegal immigrants working for $2 an hour keeping wages low,and 3-5 million more a year.

the cost of living is at an all time high,and minimum wage hasent increased in a decade,and wont for at least another 3 years.

wait 5 years,it will be a depression.

18. Light Registered Senior Member

Mars, you really need to grow up a lot ! You probably know less about economics than anyone else here.

We're not even close to being in a recession. While it's true that some major industries are in serious trouble (primarily auto and air transportation) it's certainly nothing new and some form of it goes on all the time. Gears shift, direction changes and things get back on track once again.

I'll give you another little tip: without consumption there would be NO economy at all!

19. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

Actually, we are technically in a recession. But what you say is true, this recession is so shallow it doesn't even register with the majority of Americans.

20. Light Registered Senior Member

Yes, you're correct. And as you say, it's very mild. And that's the reason the FED has slowly increase the prime rate to keep it from moving towards inflation. We are MUCH better off with slow growth - which we have right now - than an explosive race which would fuel inflation and take everything backwards.

21. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

22. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

larouche has been saying as much for how long...?

but hes right... a damm smart man.

-MT

23. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i said the american economy collapsing wouldnt "drag the rest of the world down".
    thats a big problem with americans, actually. ALL of us have an inflated sense of our importance.
    of course a collapse would AFFECT the rest of the world. i was responding to a comment made by clockwood: "this time, rest assured that we will drag the rest of the world down with us." or something like that.

we need to get over ourselves and start working with the rest of the world, instead of being cultural isolationists.