Iran or America, whos the bigger threat ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Anomalous, Jan 27, 2006.

?

Who poses a bigger threat to peace in world ?

1. Iran is a bigger threat to the world peace

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. USA is a bigger threat to the world peace

19 vote(s)
    59.4%
  1. Anomalous Banned Banned

Who poses a bigger threat to peace in world ?

Iran, the one who hasnt yet developed Nukes but may have them as seen by their desperation.

USA, the one who has the biggest Weapons of Mass Destruction and would like no one else to have them.

Who do see as a threat ?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

America hands down .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. qwerty mob Deicidal Registered Senior Member

If you had asked me before 2002, I would've said Pakistan... if you'd asked me before 1989, I would've said the Soviet Union.

For now, it's the USA.

Ask me tomorrow, it might be North Korea or China... though Pakistan is still "on the radar."

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

America is relatively predictable and pretty easy to accomodate. A little lipservice in our favor, open trade with the US, play nice with our allies, things like that. Iran wants think more along the lines of the slaughter of all jews, america being either killed or isolated within our borders by a naval blockade, the recreation of an islamic caliphate, and the absolute enforcement of the laws of the hadith everywhere.

Iran isn't more dangerous only because they are still ill equipped.

8. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

there isn't one country that can be a "threat to peace". it is when there is a difference in opinion of two countries is when you get problems. the one that is "dangerous" will always be the one that is farthest from the norm. right now, Iran is in that position.

9. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

USA, definitely. "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely." - unknown

10. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Ah, Cottontop. Now we are getting into philosophy.
    With which do you bribe the person who has everything?

11. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

You seem to think there is someone who has everything. Sounds like a christian point of view. Utterly false.

12. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Form your statement, it would seem that you believe that any superpower will, by definition, be or become absolutely corrupt and evil.
    By the way, I am purely agnostic.

13. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Corrupt, definitely. I don't believe there is such a thing as evil. Here in the USA, right now, you are just seeing the tip of the iceberg.

14. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

Look throughout Human history, what world super power hasn't become corrupt? Look at the number of super powers who have collapsed throughout history. The United States is not invincible.

As for a larger threat to world peace, well, look at how much "peace" the Iraq war has made.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The world is more hostile than ever before, thanks to the U.S. Although if we are strictly talking about invasion and occupation, you don't have to worry unless three conditions are met:

1. You are poor, with a small or weak army.
    2. You oppose the U.S. and posses or suspectedly(bolded because that will most likely be the case) posses WMD.
    3. You are against Israel.

So no worries to the Europeans, Chinese, Russians, North Koreans, Pakistanis, and Indians. Everyone else is fair game.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2006
  15. Anomalous Banned Banned

Go attack Pakistan, North Korea , .... Its amazing how USA failed to ever invade USSR.

16. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

The USSR failed part 1 of the "Prerequisites To Invasion", they were too wealthy and had too powerful an army.

17. Anomalous Banned Banned

hence so are Pakistan and North Korea. I wonder what would have happened had Afganistan and Iraq had Nuke missiles with them in year 2001.

18. qwerty mob Deicidal Registered Senior Member

The US invaded Russia in 1917 with an allied contingency on the Karelian peninsula. Operations ceased in 1919, iirc. It was called "The War of Intervention"

Yanks, Belgians, and Royal Navy 0
    Bolsheviks 1

19. Anomalous Banned Banned

No wonder they had to develope Nukes.

20. Bells Staff Member

Both.

Iran has the zeal and the desperation and America has the might... in a trigger happy kind of way.

21. Roman Banned Banned

Would America invading Iran upset world peace, or just continue a long history of violence in a bunch of sand dunes?

22. Roman Banned Banned

Is there such a thing as world peace?

23. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

As a concept? Yes.