America falling for the GOP Echo Chamber on Alito & Illegal Spying-AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mikasa11, Jan 26, 2006.

1. mikasa11 Registered Senior Member

It seems we have seen this exact play a half dozen times from BushCo. Get a polling company to ask an ambiguous question without context and then have every single right wing asset in the corporate media structure hype the shit out of it until it is believed to be reality. I am a bit puzzled by the conflicting polls anyway. How can one poll show 52% want to impeach Bush for illegal wiretapping and another show that the majority of Americans are OK with "wiretapping"? Karl Rove said once that we are just spectators and that he and his ilk are the "actors" that "create their own reality". I think we are seeing it in spades with the Alito nomination and the illegal NSA spying being rammed through on a path lubricated by the media presenting as fact that Americans are OK with all of this based on some questionable poll. The most tragic thing about this is that so many Democratic Senators seem oblivious to Rove's methods. I would challenge the pollsters results AND I would take the opportunity of a filibuster to explain to the American people why these issues are so important. I would also use the filibuster to read "My Pet Goat" as a slap at the boy king.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. qwerty mob Deicidal Registered Senior Member

How about an attorney general who says Bush's secret order to the NSA was (1) his Constitutional duty and (2) allowed by the Constitution, and therefore (3) legal?

(1) Not a single sentence or paragraph within Article II of the Constitution describes a Presidential _duty_ but the Oath of Office. The rest are provisional powers; not duties.

From Here:

(2) Not one provision in the rest of the US Constitution provides for secret Executive orders which violate the Bill of Rights or International Law.

(3) Gonzo can't cite a single paragraph of case law, domestically or internationally, which which grants such secret Executive Orders legitimacy... so he didn't. He declared by fiat, without a single legal reference, that "President Bush has the power to issue warrantless wiretaps."

Lying sacks of reprehensible "neo-con" shit.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

indeed. i will not return to america until it has become once again the america i know and love.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Happeh Registered Senior Member

I guess we will never see you again. Of course, In my opinion, Tony Blair has destroyed Britian and given control of it to Israel.

I cannot read a British paper without reading about Hitler, Holocaust, Israel, or Palestinian terrorists. British papers give more space and time to Israel and Israeli interests than they do to British interests.

I know for a fact every Briton knows who Hitler is. Does any Briton know any british history before WWII? Do Britons still remember King Arthur and the Round Table?

I have not heard a reference to King Arthur in a British Newspaper for 5 years. I hear a reference to their master, Ariel Sharon, once every two days. I read an article on Hitler once every 3 days. I read an article about WWII about once a week.

The rest of the news articles are about Israelis buying Manchester United, Israelis marrying rich British men who die suddenly and leave all the money to the Israeli woman, and ads for various Israeli authors, scientists and corporations.

My favorite was the ad for the Israeli commando team. If you are a criminal Israeli, and you are arressted and jailed for crimes in another country, you can hire this commando team to break you out of jail and take you back to Israel where you can enjoy the fruits of your crime.

This ad was a "story" on the front page of the Telegraph. Israel owns Britain. Has since 2000 and the Iraq war buildup. I read a rumor it was because they had evidence linking Blair to child sex. He had to be spokesman for the Iraq war or they were going to expose him the way they exposed Mark Oaten.