A New King George

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Michael, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

We Don't Need a New King George
    Here’s an except the article is linked above.

What are peoples opinions on this?

The President signed the McCain amendment into law.

That did happen.

This amendment was passed unanimously by congress to prevent torture as well as any "cruel, inhuman and degrading" treatment of U.S. military detainees.

Bush signed it – it is Law.

He signed it - it is Law.

Law.

He has to live under the same Laws as you and I.

Bush is not above the Law.

Right?

Wronge.

King Bush HAS written another Law - - - one just for himself. This one says – yeah, well fuck that first law, I’m making another law for me alone that allows me go ahead and authorize the cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment of U.S. military detainees.

WTF?!? :bugeye:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

My opinion? Bush should resign.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

My opinion. You both should stop breathing it is a waste of oxygen.

The McCain law only works for recognized legal combatants and citizens of foreign powers. Technically the insurrgents in Iraq and Terrorists are neither.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Then tell me why Bush wrote a Law just for himself?

Why?

You're trying to tell me that Iraqi citizens, what you call “insurgents” that are presently fighting against the USA are not "legal combatants and citizens of foreign powers"?

TW Scott, that makes absolutely no sense at all.

Are they Iraqi citizens?
    Yes
    Did we start a war against Iraq?
    Yes
    Did we invade Iraq?
    Yes
    Are we are fighting a war against Iraqis?
    Yes

If Iraqi citizens are not considered legal combatants and citizens of a foreign power then who the hell is?

Come on, Jesus the answer is no one.

Why has Congress just passed a law regarding the treatment of combatants? Hmmm .... maybe because we’re in a war and have mistreated Iraqi prisoners? I’m positive that the McCain law covers Iraqis “insurgents/combatants” or else it would make no sense for Congress to pass a law protecting combatants at this time. It would also make no sense for King Bush to write a New Law, just for himself, at this time exempting him from the Congressional Amendment.

Bush HAS written a Law just for himself which nullifies a Congressional passed law. In a sense there is no McCain law.

That doesn’t bother you?

You don’t see anything wrong with a President, any President, writing a Law that has the exact opposite intent as the law Congress had just passed? And write this NEW LAW just for himself?!?! Jesus, I always thought Republicans were the ones against Government having a lot of Power? WTF?? :bugeye:

It seems to me that the Checks and Balances are being eroded by this President.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

This amendment would (1) establish the Army Field Manual as the uniform standard for the interrogation of Department of Defense detainees and (2) prohibit cruel, inhuman, and degrading treatment of persons in the detention of the U.S. government.

-John McCain