Bush caught lying. Again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Happeh, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Happeh Registered Senior Member

Who wants to bet Bush walks away from this lie the same way he walked away from the lies about WMD?

This man is literally the biggest criminal in USA history. I dare anyone to find another figure who is responsible for so many crimes.

It looks like lobbyist Jack Abramoff is about to become the White House's Blackeye Jack.

The Bush administration has denied President Bush knows Abramoff - who has pleaded guilty to bribing officials - but reports surfacing over the weekend suggest there are at least five photos showing the two have met repeatedly.

The Washingtonian and Time magazines each reported that their reporters were shown the pictures, apparently by sources linked to Abramoff.

That's after White House spokesman Scott McClellan said earlier this month, "The president does not know him, nor does the president recall ever meeting him."

The White House has acknowledged that Abramoff attended some events at the Executive Mansion, and spokeswoman Dana Perino said Sunday it's not surprising that the two would have met. "The president has taken tens upon thousands of pictures at such events," Perino said.

Democrats last week asked the White House and 21 top administration officials to detail any contacts with Abramoff to see whether he was able to buy undue influence. The Republican lobbyist raised more than $100,000 for President Bush's 2004 election. The White House refused, saying it wouldn't launch a "fishing expedition."

Reports have said the White House was hunting for photos of Bush and Abramoff to keep a damaging image from surfacing in a scandal that's already tainted former Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Texas, and Rep. Bob Ney, R-Ohio.

According to Time, one photo shows Abramoff and Bush with Raul Garza, chairman of the Kickapoo Indians in Texas, who has been indicted on charges of stealing $300,000 from his tribe. Sources told the Washingtonian Abramoff knew Bush well enough that the president knew the names of Abramoff's children and the pair chatted about both being parents of twins.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Do you consider that every single person that the president meets in his career is his "friend" or that he "knows" him or remembers him?

Do you, in fact, remember every single person that you've ever met, and/or shook hands with at a party or something like that? And you'd consider that you "knew" those people?

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Bush is a pretty good guy compared with the average US president...

Hell let's just take FDR for example...

You had his eugenics program

His goading the Japanese into a war that he had been trying to trick the american people into joining for years...

The war crimes against the Japanese-americans

The war crimes against the Japanese and Germans theirselves, including stuff such as the firebombing of Tokoyo

What about the two nuclear strikes on Japan while having full knowledge of peace talks between the Soviets and Japanese, sure that was technically Truman but still?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Did you have to go all the way back to FDR to find a worse president than Bush?

8. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

FDR and Lincoln I'd say are the two worst villans to ever get in the white house.

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Worse than Nixon, Reagan, Bush and Bush?

10. dkb218 Banned Banned

Why these 2?

11. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Ah, more hate propaganda. How very heppah of you. It's sad that you believe this kind of thing:

"This man is literally the biggest criminal in USA history. I dare anyone to find another figure who is responsible for so many crimes."

Did you even think about that? You didn't list a single crime, or at least a total count. You're shortchanging career criminals all over the place.

I already regret responding to such tripe.

12. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

If you knew anything about those two, then you'd know.

What cracks me up is how the one tard tries to play off Clinton as if he wasn't a bigger criminal than Bush 41...

13. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

well, bush CERTAINLY told bald faced lies about how much our war in iraq would cost.

14. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Part of the responsibility of EVERY PRESIDENT of EVERY COUNTRY is to LIE TO THEIR PEOPLE when they think it in the best interest of the nation to do so.

And I'm sure sometimes they just do it for their own personal interest, like "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" and such, which mind you, I didn't mind as I think it's no business but his own what he does with his willy.

15. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

indeed, wesmorris...bill clinton's personal life was very very very distastefully exposed.

16. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

In fact, I think it's a perogative of power to tap whatever ass it can manage. In the case of the US President for instance, I view it as a perk.

It does seem however, that complaining about LIES is a silly, fruitless endeavor in the case of politics. What do you expect? People generally don't care much about actual truth anyway. Further, most people couldn't understand or relate to the reasons people in power do what they do, even if it is perfectly justifiable, moral, ethical, etc. People expect their politicians to walk in their own shoes, but don't care to think about what it's like to walk in shoes of the politicians. People have their agendas, and don't care much about that of the opposition. The politician is stuck in between and given that there's no right answer as to "this guy's perspective is better than this one's" and the potential personal gain by accepting the money... the money will win.

17. Roman Banned Banned

If the pres wasnt boning interns, I'd be concerned about his manliness. A queer running our country? Ah hell no.

18. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Too bad that I didn't really see anyone caring when Clinton started funding terrorist groups within Iraq and talking about an invasion.

Didn't see anyone care when Project Carnivore was brought into power.

Didn't see anyone care when we threw our troops into a war in Yugoslavia against a country that hadn't attacked us, threatened us but was key in the oil shipping lanes.

Then of course are the Unocal-Taliban agreements.

19. Kalypso Think before you click Post Registered Senior Member

I agree with this post, if Bush does alot of stupid stuff this doesn't seem to be on the list. I talk to alot of people, don't remember most, imagine how many people HE sees :/

20. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

If someone were raising me $100,000+ for my elections, I'd sure as heck remember him.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

- N

21. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

"We are going into 2006 ahead of steam"---President Bush at an economic summit in Illinois

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Sure, but that's because $100,000 is big money to you. To President Bush, and those rich people like him, that's not only just chicken feed, it's not even good chicken feed!

Baron Max

23. Happeh Registered Senior Member

Ahh. More name calling. How very morris of you. It is sad you have to respond like that.

Is that because you realize how foolish you look?