when the people of the world will come together as one.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Jan 22, 2006.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i predict the only things that will ever bring the whole world together in unity and peace are these,

global natural hazards on worldwide scale,
    commet colliding with earth,
    wrath of god,
    aliens invading,
    nucular war aftermath,
    or anything globaly devestating and destructive,

basically what im saying is this, war and destruction will be the onlly thing that can bring together the people as a whole, there will be no glorious time of good where everybody jjoins hands in a big love ring, humans are to corrupt and evil, easily tainted by the dark side, it will never happen in my opinion we are to petty and insecure with huge egos to fill,

unless there is an event that horribly effects everyone on earth we will not forget the small petty squabbles and join together,

peace,

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

i predict the only things that will ever bring the whole world together in unity and peace are...

...irradication of religion. Simple.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Until the event is over ...then humans will go back to hating other humans because they don't like how they look or act or think or feel. And then it'll become so intense and irrational, that they'll declare war, and start killing other humans all over again ...just as though nothing had happened.

You have much greater faith in the goodness and kindness of humans than anything that has ever been exhibited in them in all of past history. Where and how did you come by this irrational faith?

Baron Max

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

And how would that stop, say, racism and cultural hatred and human greed and human selfishness and such things that humans do that have nothing to do with religions or religious faith?

Baron Max

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

if we were at war with aliens for the next 10 thousand years, we would be united for those 10k years no?.

peace

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

And how would that stop, say, racism and cultural hatred and human greed and human selfishness and such things that humans do that have nothing to do with religions or religious faith?

It may be postulated that those 'traits' were a result of religious thought over the centuries.

If those resources, energies and monies that were wasted on religion over the centuries were put to use with rational thought as their guide, we would not have those problems.

It is religion that has brought us to where we are today. Simple.

10. leopold Valued Senior Member

that would be my guess too.

maybe with all this bio engineering the cia could engineer an alien race, plant it on mars
    then say to the military "hey look they're gonna attack!"

11. leopold Valued Senior Member

i was reading that there is a such a thing as spirituality hard wired in our brains
    so i don't think religion is going anywhere
    the problem with religion is fanatics

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

i was reading that there is a such a thing as spirituality hard wired in our brains

Or, it is the centuries of religious thought which is asserted to represent hard wiring.

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Hamer coins the phrase, "God gene" to repesent the gene 'VMAT2,' although the gene can be better clarified:

15. Dreama Registered Senior Member

Religion and spirituality are not the same thing.

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Religion is the belief in the supernatural - spirituality IS the supernatural.

17. Dreama Registered Senior Member

Our compromise definition:
    This website's essays use a very broad definition of religion: "Religion is any specific system of belief about deity, often involving rituals, a code of ethics, a philosophy of life, and a worldview." (A worldview is a set of basic, foundational beliefs concerning deity, humanity and the rest of the universe.) Thus we would consider Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Native American Spirituality, and Neopaganism to be religions. We also include Agnosticism, Atheism, Humanism, Ethical Culture etc. as religions, because they also contain a "belief about deity" -- their belief is that they do not know whether a deity exists, or they have no knowledge of God, or they sincerely believe that God does not exist.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/rel_defn.htm

18. duendy Registered Senior Member

true we do have a wild side. but people have been made to believe it has to be just violent. but its been shown that people generally do not like war. this is whythe facist leaders have spent so much energy on PROPAGANDA!

we NEED to allow our wildness expression in non bloody ways, yeah?

as you may imagine, the autorities dont wan you to have tis freedom, or it can resolve the sadstic propaganda inculcated in us via fascistic institutions, like school, etc

religionists assume if one just followed their way the world ould become peaceful. but when yo look at their dogma, writ into it is conflict against those who question it

so, the materialistic wceientists claim that if we did away with tatreligions, te logica- and science would bring peace

but it wont

this is cause, like the ideology it thinks its replaced, it splits 'spirit/consciousness apart from Nature/matter-energy

so can you see? both ideologies that have been cause of so mcuh bloody history are two sides of a coin, as it were. both dividing up the continuum of reality, and denying us our natrual wildness, which CAn sometimes be violent, but NOT as much as when divided against itself!!

19. leopold Valued Senior Member

(Q)

Is the God gene real? The only evidence we have to go on at the moment is what Hamer presents in his book. He and his colleagues are still preparing to submit their results to a scientific journal. It would be nice to know whether these results can withstand the rigors of peer review.

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?ar...02F83414B7F4945

it would be interesting to know what they find out
    i was unaware of the scientific american article

i was up early this morning and came across the link i gave you

edit
    like i was telling superluminal last night these religious people get it honest.

20. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

These traits are not inherent in our species. They are byproducts of civilization.

Civilizations create a substantial surplus. It is the modest surplus and technology of village life that drive the building of cities in the first place, but the even more efficient division of labor and economy of scale of city life produce a much greater surplus. The never-solved quandary of how to "fairly" distribute this surplus is what leads to greed and envy.

One of the many technologies that civilizations invent is transportation technology. This permits people from different cities to come in contact with each other on a large scale. This makes them more conscious of the differences between them than was possible in a village system, as well as allowing them to be acquainted with more distant groups with greater differences. Differences in philosophy and attitude lead to racism, differences in prosperity lead to envy, and all of these converge into hatred.

The scientific and technological progress made possible by city life can be easily applied to weaponry, e.g. metallurgy, gunpowder, engines, flight, nuclear reactions, rocketry. This makes it practical to express and act upon hatred.

As I have stated elsewhere, civilization has been accompanied by a powerful masculinization of human society. In all six of earth's civilizations (Mesopotamia/Europe, Egypt, India, China, Olmec/Maya/Aztec, Inca), authority is/was increasingly concentrated among men and denied to women. I believe that this unbalanced culture nurtures hatred rather than providing means to resolve it, reflecting the common paradigm that men compete whereas women cooperate. (A paradigm not easily discerned in America, where women mimic masculine behavior in order to break into the "man's world.")

We are, hopefully, witnessing a spread of democracy in the three surviving civilizations. (R.I.P. Egypt, Aztec, Inca, all overwhelmed by the children of Mesopotamia.) The occasional Benazir Bhutto and Michelle Bachelet suggest that democracy leads to an inexorable reenfranchisement of women.

The fact that many Americans take seriously the possibility of a contest between Hillary Clinton and Condoleezza Rice in 2008 for the Presidency of the One Superpower--whether the possibility itself is serious or not--shows how far the world has come since the first kings ruled the first cities seven or eight thousand years ago. It also illustrates the disgust that a great many people have over the woeful state of civilization after seven or eight thousand years of almost exclusively male leadership--speaking specifically to the unchecked negative traits listed above by Max.

Don't give up on civilization. It may yet prove to be self correcting. But whatever you do, don't confuse civilization's byproducts with innate human characteristics. What you see is only the half that have not been suppressed.

And before the flaming starts, let me make it clear that I don't believe that women and feminine traits are in any way superior to men and masculine traits. I'm sure a world run by women for seven or eight thousand years would be just as woeful, in ways that we can hardly imagine. (Don't flame, but I expect some really creative jokes on that subject from this crowd.)

The key to harmony is balance. That's so obvious that it's difficult to even state without being a tautology.

21. leopold Valued Senior Member

i would have to agree with you fraggle rocker
    rule by males has certainly been a disaster.

i feel that women would make terrific rulers
    but then again the male ego will have to impress itself
    and we'll be right back to whipping it out

22. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

It's men and women working together that can kick ass.

23. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

no... at present... everyone is forced to play the game.... of money.

all we need to do is stop playing... and organize together for mutual assistance.

like mankind did for 1000's of years before money was invented.

its called family...

-MT