subliminal messages in national papers

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by ellion, Jan 22, 2006.

1. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

i was listening to some hypnosis tapes over the weekend, various kinds, subliminal, spoken hypnosis, whitenoise, some of the Hemisync and brainwave stuff i have a large collection for study purposes.

and i was thinking about how these things are used and other possible uses of NLP, hypnosis etc.

then *dum dum duuam*
    [sinister music begins]

this weekend there was a deluge of free music and films with all of the national newspapers.

[/sinester music ends]

see where i am going here?

i could just be getting into a paranoid fantasy but it is entirely plausible that the nation are being drip feed some form of mind control epidemic thingy?

*coughs*

anyone else had concrerns, thoughts ideas, or want to reasuure me that iam just being paranoid. please!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. leopold Valued Senior Member

there were experiments in movue theaters concerning what you are talking about

basicly they flashed the word popcorn on the screen and it wasn't visible
    but during intermission their popcorn sales increased.

as to a conspiracy? nah, to many people to hypnotize.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

Actually, James Vicary (the man who did the movie theater experiment you mentioned) admitted that he fabricated the results. In other words, it's an urban legend. No use getting paranoid.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

there has been much more work done since then though. as i said i have a collection of hypnosis audiofiles, lots of them are subliminal, some are spoken, there is also some tomatis effect, and white noise etc. there seems to be something to them.

8. leopold Valued Senior Member

Various types of studies of subliminal perception have been conducted. The findings of recent studies demonstrate that subliminal stimuli can influence behavior and subsequent perceptions but it is as yet unclear how these results may generalize to real world settings
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subliminal_messages

9. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

this is sort of where i am with these ideas. during hypnosis, the client is put into a state trance like unconsciousness. the suggestions made while in this unconscious state are easily absorbed and acted onby the conscious mind when the client is woken up. the fact that hypnosis is used to cure addictions such as smoking tells of the power of this method of persuasion.

during listening to music or watching movies the conscious mind is easily distracted, and so the door to the unconscious is potentially wide open for the impression of foreign thoughts and ideas.

i suppose this is real conspiracy theory stuff.

10. Well, it's not so much conspiracy theory - it's called Advertising. Why do y'think washing powder is always New! and Improved Formula! - it's inferring directly to the person responsible of doing such chores as the household washing that actually, you're not doing your job properly unless y'do something about it.

You're screwing up - get it sorted!

Is often the subtext of most ad campaigns regarding domestic cleaning products...

There's a list, it's rather tedious.

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I keep wondering ...can "subliminal messages" be in written, visible form like in a newspaper (as the title of the thread suggests)? I've always thought of subliminal messages as ones that flashed by so rapidly that we could actually "read" it, only "absorb" it. Am I completely fucked up and totally ignorant about this issue?

Baron Max

12. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Yes, baron, you are a totally fucked-up moron. I thought you knew that though.

13. All words carry many meanings, one can say one thing and actually convey something other than what appears to be being said at the same time - it has an effect on how the person reading responds.

For example, if you notice I'm actually writing with a British accent. I do it so often, one merely accepts it as written. It still leaves you with very distinct impressions regarding who it is doing the writing.

And who is it telling you to form those impressions...?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. leopold Valued Senior Member

that is my understanding too baron

the way i see it
    it is a word, phrase or message that can not be seen or heard but registers in the brain.

as for the newspaper, that would, in my opinion, be cryptography

15. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

as i said with the hypnosis and NLP techniques most of the persusaion is done orally, by spoken words and sound patterns. these oral persuasion patters canbe embedded in movies and music very discretely and this is also the perfect medium to put a person in to the correct mental state so as to absorb these patterns. so my idea was that the messages are imbedded in the CDs and DVDs that are given away by the national papers. i have not thought why they would do that or what seeds they actually want to plant in our subconcsious minds. my thought was merely, this shit is real possibility, and it could be done on a national scale.

i was wondering why do the papers run such campaigns to give media material to the population. last weekend it was practically all the papers in the uk had something to give away on CD or DVD.

16. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I think everyone anticipates the commercial attempt to manipulate the the mind. My concern would be the more insidious uses of this tool by the more desperate of hearts. One wonders...