Best Documentary

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by alexb123, Jan 21, 2006.

1. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

I would give mine as being 'The Power Of Nightmares' and 'Status Anxiety' what are yours?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. duendy Registered Senior Member

yes The POWER OF nIGHTMARES WAS VERY VERY GOOD.
    its hard to name THE most powerful docu. as they all have their own unique powers. th good ones that is

but i did see one a while back. cat remember exact name of it. have noted it somewhere but it is finding it...!ca tell u what it was about tho

it was about a heroin addict who had been one for may years, and had come to te endof the road trying all different treatments that hadn't worked for him

he was encouraged to try Ibogaine, which is an African 'psychedelic' root, sued by tribes there for initiation

anyway this docu goe thru the process of his journey, prpration and his own initiation with Iboga. not in Africa but in te UK, with help of somene who knwe all about it and would be there with him thru the experience

the fear this man felt prior to taking it, ad the ecstaitc experience he underwent was palpable. you could actully--or i could--feel tese amazing vibes come thru the screen at you. SOOOO powerful and moving and life changing Television par excellence!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

wow, duendy, you should take your time when you type, or provide us with an algorithm for deciphering your code =]

anyway, I would like to add Fog of War, eleven lessons from the life of Robert McNamara to the list. I thought it gave a great insight into the cold war.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.