Can every man, women, dog, get on this OBL tape

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mikasa11, Jan 20, 2006.

1. mikasa11 Registered Senior Member

Every time a tape "appears" in the offices of Al Jazeera, I think it's immediately suspect. We are dealing with an administration that is at the apex of political viciousness and I do believe it is a possibility that they have fabricated these tapes. Now, if we were actively searching for OBL I wouldn't think much of it, but we are not. We are concentrated primarily on Iraq. Most of our resources are there.

These tapes are trotted out at politically expedient moments for the Republicans, and their talking points are so quick to follow that I find the entire process suspect.

If these tapes are genuine, then so they may be. The content of the tapes do not help Bush, as they point out that a) Osama is still at large, and b) he intends on attacking us again.

But reason is not the point of releasing this tape. Reason does not drive this administration. They know that we are emotional human beings and will react with disgust and concentrate on that and not on Abramoff and the wiretap scandals. There couldn't have been better timing for this...

Everyone with experience in broadcast and cablecasting - especially satellite transfer, every video expert, every person who understands advanced CGI and sound editing, needs to get on this project.

For me personally, much like I felt after 9/11, I will not be the one to say what I think many of us think from time to time in the back of our minds about the terror attacks, OBL, and this entire mess. But if one were to show me that it were so, I would not be surprised. Would you?