The Brainy Mans Guide to Posting on Moronic Fora.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Jaybee from his cast, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Jaybee from his cast Banned Banned

As most of us here know, most fora across the net are chock full of kids, unemployables and housewives - people with plenty of time on their hands, ha. It used to piss me off to the point of tearing my hair out for a few years - I actually thought there were no 'broadsheet' fora out there... until I wised up and decided to play the field. I hunted around, found high-IQ sites, and never looked back. I'm one happy bunny nowadays.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

In my Favourites folder you'd find grown up forums for each of my interests, and I keep pretty quiet about those websites lest they get infested by human trash.

My advice?

1) Chill...don't rip your hair out like I did.

2) When you create threads, use complex words that deter the kids and other post-whores;

3) Don't make your posts too touchy-feely or emotional; attracts too much heat and no light. Or worse, housewives;

And finally...

4) Don't be controversial. Many fora are heavily frequented because of the instantaneous and interactive nature of the replies. Want info fast? Post the question, within minutes someone has answered. Lonely? Post your need for a talk, and get people replying within minutes, asking you how the fuck your day was, and all too willing to bore you shitless with the intricacies of the missing can of Coke after their younger brother came home from school.

BUT...it's just these fora that are the most tightly regulated by their ITPS (Internal Thought Police Squad) - and have the most trigger-happy mods, only too willing to dish out warnings on a demerit system (or bannings) like a paedophile handing out sweets in a schoolyard.

The weak-minded need the instaneousness, the interactivity, it is their crutch. And what is ANOTHER trait of the weak-minded? (hint: money??)

YES. They are easily parted from what little cash they have. That's why their Thought Police come down HARD on those posters who don't have a "Soothing, Caring, Sharing" tone in their posts. As long as the herd enjoy their playpen, they'll keep buying the sponsors bumper stickers. Where do you think the phrase, "Cash cows" comes from?!!!??

When it comes to such fora - find another. If not - ask your question with brevity; and log out. DO NOT GET SUCKED INTO THE CONVERSATIONS - as appealing and as charming in a "Little things in life" way as they are, remember the old adage; the circles in which you mix will either pull you up, or tear you down. Just occasionally, it's a healthy reminder to see just how misguided the herd are, but DO NOT LINGER...get the fuck out!

Jaybee.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Who says elitism is dead?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

What I wonder is why a brainy person would want to post on a moronic forum in the first place...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jaybee from his cast Banned Banned

You find me a Bodybuilding forum where posters quote Sartre outside their signatures, and I'll find you a pig that runs its own baths.

Jaybee.

8. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

...or - perish the thought - their insights on proper perambulation round the periphery of the paltry-minded persistently pervading the four... uhhh...
    I mean Fora

'ey !

I ain't-a for-a

I'm ag'in-a

9. finewine Registered Senior Member

Well, perhaps it would be nice to see if the morons could become enlightened.

After all GOD took the form of man 2000 years ago.

Why would I want to quote Sartre?
    I have my own thoughts.

10. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

You gotta admit... it was one helluva daring attempt at Quality Control !

Getting down in amongst the "product", and trying to give 'em the kick upside the hump they needed to...

Fail miserably again and cause the messenger to be EXECUTED BRUTALLY !!!

11. finewine Registered Senior Member

Well, I will disagree with you about it failing miserably. As I see it, it is going as planned. Some morons get the big picture. Others do not... but then that is only because those that do not choose to not want to soar with the more intelligent eagle but choose to remain on the ground with the intelligence of the flock of prairie chickens.
    Is that not the ultimate sacrifice of love an intelligent person can make ---the sacrifice of his life to bring the moron into enlightenment?

or has the intelligent elitest forgotten how to love anyone but him/herself??