Why is Life so Unjust? - the Law of Reincarnation

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Solve et Coagula, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Solve et Coagula Banned Banned

Why is Life so Unjust? - the Law of Reincarnation

As we go through life we come across people who are rich, handsome, intelligent, powerful and successful in every way. And then we see others who are so poor and defenceless that their life is an endless series of failures. What is the reason for such differences in their circumstances? Many people are outraged by what they think of as the injustice of fate. If you ask a scientist to explain these inequalities he will say that it is a question of chance. And if you ask a priest or a pastor he will tell you that it is the will of God. Some might talk about predestination and grace, but that only adds to the injustice! In any case, to say that "it is the will of God" is almost the same thing as saying that "it is a question of chance".

If we analyse the priest's answer we are forced to conclude that God gives everything to some and nothing to others. We don't know why; that's just the way it is. But that's not all: it seems that He gets very angry when those to whom He has given nothing good, either in themselves or in their circumstances, turn out to be vicious and stupid and commit crimes. He even punishes them! Since God is almighty He could have made all His creatures magnificent, but He didn't. So not only is it His fault if men commit crimes but He then punishes them for their crimes. No wonder so many people have a horror of religion!

The truth is that there is a very good reason for all the apparent injustices of life, and that is the law of reincarnation. The Church has never realized that, by denying this law, it was portraying the Lord as a monster of cruelty.

The explanation is simple: at the beginning God gave us everything. But He also gave us freedom, and we have used that freedom to indulge in some very costly experiences. Of course, the Lord sees all this but as He is generous and patient He lets us work things out for ourselves. He says, "My poor children are going to suffer and run into trouble, but that doesn't matter: all my love and wealth is there, waiting for them. They have plenty of reincarnations ahead of them in which to learn wisdom." In other words, God lets us exercise our freedom, and all the bad things that happen to us happen through our own fault: we have deserved them. And we have also deserved all the good things that happen to us: they are the results of our efforts in previous incarnations.

Why does the Church put all the blame on God for what happens to us? Perhaps you will object, "The Church doesn't blame God; it has simply suppressed the belief in reincarnation." Yes, but if you think about it, you will see that it amounts to the same thing. And it is very serious, because the knowledge about this law of reincarnation is one of the cornerstones of morality. As long as people are unaware of the law of cause and effect which carries over from one incarnation to the next, no amount of preaching or sermonizing will do any good. They won't change. And not only will they refuse to change but, seeing themselves as the victims of social injustice, they will rebel against their fate and become more and more jealous and full of hate for those who seem to be more privileged, with the result that their situation will be even more complicated. But someone who knows that all the difficulties and hardships of this life are the result of his past transgressions will not only accept them as just but will also make up his mind to work for good so as to enjoy better conditions in his future incarnations.*

Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i dont exactly believe in reincarnation, or a god who is actually conscious, but i liked reading this thread, and it has good morals behind it, but i ahve thought alot about reincarnation before, and as a possability i have not ruled it out, but looked beyond it to a deeper level while in meditation, and to me reincarnation is selfish and i do not believe if there is a god (wich i obviouasly do not know if there is or is not because i am just a human and i have m limitations with truth just like everyone else)

but what i am getting at is this, say everybody was doing good in there life, but they were bieng good just so they can have a better "next life" that is selfish and disshonorable to me,

i try to do good for people and try to make people happy, and i dont even truley believe in god or an afterlife, or reincarnation, bacially i am an athiest, but i dont class myself as one, because i do feel deep down inside of me that there is something very important that i am unnaware of, everybody has that feeling deep down, and going out of the city into somewhere with no light pollution on a calm night lookign up at the stars, i know everybody feels that emotion that you cant explain, its a feeling deep in your gut telling you soemthing that you cant comprehend, thats what i believe in if anything, that feeling and it feels right to me,

i try to do good just for the one reason that i want people to be happy, what if you only get one shot at life? then the people around you suffered there only existance because you chose to be an asshole your whole life, and there brief amazing existance was spoiled because of your negative attitude, that might be a good honorable reason to do be a good person, if you do good just because you think you will benefit in heaven or the next stage of life, then that isnt truley good is it, because its based on selfish grounds, the trunk will rot if the roots are bad,

if there was such a thing as heaven or hell i wouldent care if i was in either one i would just be happy there is more to life and be gratefull for it aslong as im with my loved ones hell would be heaven.

peace i did like your post though it was interesting, because at the end of the day im not saying reincarnation isnt true, it might be who knows, it might not be perfect, but who said perfect even exists? even if there is a god or eternal force, who said its gonna be perfect?. it might be an asshole but still have the power to bring our bitch asses into existance and toy with us, heh who knows,

peace.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. duendy Registered Senior Member

ok lets try explore the boes of this-----

we have the Church, which as you say condemned the belief in 'reincarnation'---think it was abot 4th century AD........

with the Chruch, the hierarchy became the @Divine Right of Kings'--where i was believed KIngy wa next est to 'God', yeah. and we have'The Three Estates' (check it out)--ie., the :
    Clergy';
    the aristocrats/knights/warriors;
    and the peasanta, who fed them all, etc

so it was hierarchy with everyone knowing their 'place'
    so there wouldn't even BE a concep of a peasant become ing a level higher in the hierarchy cause it was 'ordained from birth and 'God'

the 'reincarnation that institution suppressed was from Gnostic hersies, which in their turn they were influenced by Eastrern belifs in reincarnation---defined as sume universal maechanical law that punishes and rewards

is this clear--ish?

so lets look at the latter worldview a moment/...itis man-made isn't it? it is a male elite which says 'you will shovel shit cause God said it is right. so dont questin 'him' and his 'authority' via Kingy, clergy...or ELSE'

now with reincarnation. this by may is seen as more beneovolent. if you think so, take a trip to India and see it in action. TERRble poverty, an total indiference to it from a culture which believes the 'poor' are deserving their lot cause of 'karma'. so dont complain you shovel my precious shit (which actually hapens there!), cause its your karma as demanded by 'universal;la of karma'....and if you are very very gpod. you soon after xyz lifetimes may become like us or the guru.

i am qustionig both those worldviews. considering you are here proposing 'rincarnation' as benevolent, maybe you shold really look at about it deeply and see the flaws in this worldview. for really it is ALSo man-made and is desinged for social control and the maintanence of an elite which wants to keep its power-over!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Spectrum Registered Senior Member

Come on Duendy, make an effort.

8. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

The idea of reincarnation and good/bad fortune in one's life as a result of past experiences brings with it determinism and a certain rigidity to life, to an extent I cannot quite yet fully understand: by "guaranteeing" you a certain quality of life, certain arrangements must be made for this to come about... but wait, isn't life a completely free experience ? If this is the case, how can anyone be given the abovementioned guarantee ? Obviously, certain events must be pre-determined... or is it that God knows exactly how the future will play out and if such is the case, why bother at all ?

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That's just another form of wishful thinking. The universe has no inherent sense of justice. It will cover you over with the same cold indifference it showed the Brontosaurus.

10. duendy Registered Senior Member

but what you assert is an EXPERIENCEof 'it' which you've abstracted out in this instance.....

let us equate its tone with the sad tone of the musical scale....doesn't mean ALL the scale, or spectrum of possible notes and combinations and new hybrids is same. its all interelated

say ou are born 'poor'. whats that term mean to you?when i say it?.....do you equate poor wit not being a modern wit all te mod cons or ghetto-like poor where quality of life canbe VERY heavy?

arew we to assume the mod con life is 'good karma'? what about the general sense o insuferable alienation many feel. and many DENY even feeling, and run to the shrinks for pills etc?,,,,cause theyu feel they 'should BE alright'?

ae we to believe in a 'indifferent universal justice' that sees it spme fukin asehole gangster politician rule te roost wasting tousands of people, whilst a ghetto kid is killed be fore his twenties, or even teens?

orrrr is it all man made tisstag whows we are doing and 'we' BLAME 'God' or 'karma' fo OUR folly. eiter doin it, backin it, or bein blind to it?

11. duendy Registered Senior Member

sorry unintelligible last sentence:

'or is it US who create the studio set. te stories tat keep te gullible hypnotized by so theyt wont defy its assumptions?

12. Übergänger Registered Member

Even if 'the law of reincarnation' is true, your God would still be a 'monster of cruelty', because no one has memories of what they did in their past lives, and how can one be guilty of what one has no knowledge of having done?

In a similar vein, you couldn't accuse someone of lying if they didn't know they were making a false statement when they said what they said.