Al Gore Speech at DAR Constitution Hall

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Neildo, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Here's the speech Al Gore made today at the DAR Constitution Hall. I just finished watching it on C-Span and found the link to the transcript.

I was wondering what the fuss everyone, especially Sean Hannity (I like to hear him on my way home from work to see the BS he spews and catch his lies), was making about it. After seeing it with my own eyes and ears, I can see why. It was one of the best darn speeches I've ever heard! SH (short for shit-head) was so full of it today with his complaints and VERY selective sound clips he was using. I'm so glad I got to see it myself, that punk. Total propoganda which isn't surprising coming from him.

Edit: Too large to post, here's the link instead:

I highly reccommend reading it if you didn't hear it yourself, in full.

- N

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

gore should run again..... hes not an idiot.. and indeed, i think he would make a good option to all those who might run...

-MT

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

" gore should run again..... hes not an idiot"

But I think that's exactly why he alienated so many Americans who had their War-on-Terra blinders on, even as he too played up the wardrums a bit plagiaristicly. I'm afraid the American majority can't handle the rational truth- that no strongman-persona can protect us from the greatest dangers to our security and economy. Such a persona in these times instead presents the greatest threat to us, by stimulating responses from the world that are highly damaging to our interests: Anti-Americanism from friend and foe, just when our world standing in terms of energy and geopolitics is becoming most precarious.

On a lighter note, I hope that we are now witnessing the long-overdue awakening of the Democratic Party in opposition to the dangerous neoconservative agenda. Now if they will also muster the courage to come out strongly for a near-term withdrawal from the Iraq fiasco, and for serious campaign-finance reform in the midst of Republican lobbying scandals, then we will have a true groundswell.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

And I thought all americans were idiots! Not too shabby speech.

My eyes fell on this:

Reminds me of the standard statement the american sheep make on this forum to defend the patriot act and other 'facist' regulations.

'Show me where the patriot act oppresses me. My life hasn't changed at all since the patriot act'

No shit? Really. You mean the government hasn't been interested in abusing the rights of sheep. Why should they? You are a sheep. They already have you in the bag.

But what could they do today to a man like Martin Luther King. You all know dam well what they could do and will do.

No sheep, nobody is going to mess with your rights. Because you don't count. But people that make a difference to the world we live in are under threat and can be/are oppressed. People that actually believe in freedom, equality and civilization.

8. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I first only skimmed the link, and just now watched the speech on C-Span's website. I encourage Americans to also watch the speech there, and I doubt the networks will cover this unprocessed.

Watching the speech has changed my opinion of Gore considerably for the better. I hope that someday he will also tell us the personal story of how he came to be a much more animated, frank and courageous American today than he was in 2004. Getting out of Washington has obviously been good for him.

9. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

that was the most frank, bombastic, honest, and wonderful speech i have heard as yet, regarding bush.
    i live in europe now (native to michigan), so i dont get to see these things very often.
    america is ripe for a revolution of thought, and al gore has created the first spark (i hope not the last) in this potential barn burner.

clinton/gore 2008!! woooo hooooooooo!!!!!!

10. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

It'd vote for Gore in a heartbeat. However, if Clinton (in either form) is running along with him, I won't do it.

- N

11. Alejandro -2 Minutes To Midnight- Registered Senior Member

Wonder what would be differant after 8 years of Gore? But then that schmuck would be vice president.

12. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i would also vote for a gore ticket.
    i personally think clinton part 1 was good for america. if his policies hadnt been completely dismantled by bush within the first 5 months of his tenure in office, we would still be feeling the positive effects of old bill's presidency.

his wife is a bit more extreme (i say this after having read her autobiography), but i would still vote for her, as bill would be a very influential person in her administration.

i agree, actually....a Gore/Kerry ticket would be alot stronger for america. the problem is that democrats need to let someone other than a massachussets elitist control the party. kerry was a bad choice in '04, and i think the dems prolly recognize this.

an interesting ticket would be Gore/Obama as well.

13. Alejandro -2 Minutes To Midnight- Registered Senior Member

John Kerry. How in the world in a time of war anyone would choose Bush over Kerry is beyond me.

Oh yeah those swift boat traitors, wouldnt want to be in a fox hole with them

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Yeah, a Gore/Obama one would be awesome. It'd also get all the black votes too, heh. But Gore/Clinton? Hell no. There needs to be a law that doesn't allow for family members to be president/VP within the same 20 years. Damned monarchies.

- N

15. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

I'd vote for Ross Perot if he ran again...sadly, that racist, Buchanan, took over the reform party and fucked it up.

16. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Don't vote. Start a revolution.

17. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Better to wait until the U.S. economy is in full collapse. Guns and Euros/Yuan will seize the day then, when no lawyers and no lobbyists will hold so much influence as now.

It's more prudent, as Bush Sr. used to say- before the neocons fall, they will take a lot of premature revolutionaries down with them.

We are waiting; ready.

[insert revolutionary slogan]

Don't Tread on Me

Live Free or Die

Death Before Dishonor

Allahu Akbar

(the last one was just for the NSA spiders)

As with the collapse of the Soviet Union, it will be beneficial and poetic to inundate our KGB with nonsense.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
  18. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Ah, if only Norton's ideas had spread...we could've been the Empire of the United States of America.
    All Hail Emperor Norton I!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_A._Norton