Last Person On Earth

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Quigly, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

If you woke up tomorrow morning and everybody had been literally raptured or disappeared forever or whatever except for you, what would you do? I mean like all the technology, buildings, everything is still here, but humanity.

Would you go see what's really up at Area 51? Would you find out what the Pentagon has really been hiding? Would it matter? Would you be happy or sad or indifferent? Would you post the news on sciforums?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I would go to the best biology lab nearby and start cloning myself.

I will probably give up on that soon, because without people around power will cut out soon enough and I will have to give up doing the science.

I will learn myself some sailing or navigation skills and find a big boat to go back to europe to see if there are still people around there.

If there aren't, I would continue to search around the globe a bit more.

Until I end up at a nice place where I will live the rest of my life in thinking about what might have happened. Might write a think book on that.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That's my dream! I would take up residence in a palace or mansion, and go on excursions to town to snoop around in people's houses. I would clear long stretches of road and race around in the best cars and motorcycles I could find. Free the animals from the zoo and aquariums. Set things on fire. Breed tame gorillas. Go into the US Federal Government's secret files including Bush and Cheney's diaries. Check out all their secret underground facilities. Learn to fly a jet. Loot the Smithsonian. Steal the best art from museums. Demolish all dams to start salmon runs again and restore the Grand Canyon. Sow hemp and poppies all over the place (for spite).

Last edited: Jan 13, 2006
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Oh, that's easy!! I'd set up my home in the main library and read to my heart's content.

Baron Max

8. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

You better hit a candle store first.

The whole idea or line of thought I had was that if people were unrestrained and unrestricted (no consequences, no laws) what kind of people would they become. If they were the only person alive, burning a house down, snooping through homes, ect... wouldn't have any consequence. There would still be laws of nature that could cause consequence, but in general, they would have no or little remorse over their actions. What does this say? Do humans in general respect other humans enough not to snoop through their house, burn down their workplaces, ect.. or is it because of the society/law of crime and punishment? If you take the variable of humanity out of the question, then you remove government (duh), and would directly influence ones actions.

I wouldn't go snoop through my neighbors house, but if I was the only one left, I might.

So in the same vein, if you removed government, but not people, would you still break into your neighbors house? I wouldn't.

9. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Masturbate in the street. Then, stockpile all the food.
    Then, eat to death.

10. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

I'd have to stockpile the food first.

Business before pleasure & all that.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

unless atleast 1000 or more humans survived... then we would all die anyway.

if i was alone.. i guess i would only hope to find a surviving woman.

-MT

12. android nothing human inside Registered Senior Member

Celebrate. Death to humanity!

13. purple_hairstreak My true colours clash Registered Senior Member

Die of boredom in the first week.

14. elle_1304 Registered Member

go eat some good food (if theres still any)

and then maybe go to the beach or something and play and play and play

15. antony Registered Senior Member

I think I'd actually cry for a while - then I'd start being practical and start collecting as much non-perishable foodstuffs as I could. Water would also be quite an important issue. Thereafter I'd be looking for fuel / generators / transport / entertainment etc. The other thing I'd seriously do is to find a place that had a major fence around it!! There's going to be some pretty mean and angry animals after my life :0

16. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I'd move out of the city, find a nice house by a forest near the Baltic sea and read a lot more books than I do now.
    First thing I'd probably read a farmer's manual on planting and growing edible stuff.

17. leopold Valued Senior Member

LMAO i gotta hand it to ya hapsburg

18. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

I would frolic.

Well, first, I would read a book to find out how to frolic. And than, I would frolic.

19. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

This is what I would do, too. Humanity's previous business wouldn't matter anymore.

After a while, I'd travel. On foot. Not in search of civilisation or human wisdom, but merely out of curiosity for the variety and beauty in nature.

Avatar, now that I'm imagining this scenario, wouldn't it be possible to do this even now? What if we simply took off, found some land and began to support ourselves this way? Sure, it'd be a little more complicated, but still possible....

20. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Of course it is possible, but I have other, more artsy plans in mind provided there is some humanity left.

21. hug-a-tree Live the life Registered Senior Member

I'd be kind of sad-I think so. I'd get chocolate then get a movie, but then I'd realize I can't watch movies so I'd just be sad again.

22. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Why wouldn't you? Setting up a small wind and solar power station can't be that hard if you can get ready made components. Or just move to a wind farm near you.

23. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Possible, and expensive. =/ But there's nothing I'd want more.

Yes, of course, while the humanity is still here there are a million things we'd like to collect, a million things we'd like to contribute.... But, I suppose, if we won't care about such things once people are gone these things aren't that important.

What if it's not only the people that are gone, but the whole planet is frozen and covered in ice. What would you do then? Ok, let's suppose you're not stuck on this planet but are able to go to other planets.