New Hostel Thread (new starter)

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Tnerb, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Tnerb Banned Banned

Hello guys. I have just got back from seeing the movie "Hostel." If you have seen my mental health and the existentialists thread, then surely you should understand here, who I am and what I may talk about. ... Imagine it is YOU who are tortured. And your ego boost is what now? Where are you floating NOW that you are in a hitler death camp? ....

What did you guys think about the movie? Is a question. What did you think about it, and was it something to change your perspective on things? Can you find a relation to it and the death camps? If you haven't seen it, I wouldn't mind posting questions about what we think about it! I think, myself, that it is a movie to teach people that they have a meaning to their existance. Who can further this theory?

regards

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. valich Registered Senior Member

I haven't seen it, nor unfortunately don't have the time to, but I would be interested in hearing how the movie "teaches people that they have a meaning to their existence" while in a death camp. Thanks.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tnerb Banned Banned

Hello.

Sux u don't have the time. It's an awesome movie. At least I thought it was, hell. It doesn't take us back to the death camps, nor does it, you see, teach people to have a meaning in their lifes. I can say that for me it did, though. At least it was highly influencial for a person such as myself.

I should say that it is a movie about torture. As you know in the death camps and in death camp literature, such things are expressed vividly. In this movie, it is like either 1) visiting 4th grade again where you are told about their stories in Hitlers Camps, or 2) seeing that there is much more out there in the world which you don't even understand your suffering. And if it were you in a camp as such? Your meaning would be small. I get this info really from "Mans Search For Meaning" by Dr. Frankl. But I also get it from the experience of the movie itself.
    regards,
    existabrent

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

I heard this movie is one of those "Mind-Fucks", it messes with you. I love great horror flicks, I might check it out.

8. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

Wow, you thought the movie was awesome???? That is incredibly sad.

It was a poorly written movie. If people think it is a horror flick, they are in for a big surprise, because the movie isn't scary at all. It is a tragedy to know that this kind of stuff happens in the world currently and in the past, but if you ask me, they could have come up with a way better plot. It was a big college draw because the first half of the movie was all about Tits and Ass
    The second half was about the degradation of mankind.

Like I said before, you can put Tarantino's name on a pile of poo and it will still be a low budget pile of crap.

9. Tnerb Banned Banned

Mind fucks you could say that. It is as I said like a torture movie. That much is known from the previews. Now I should reply to quigly, maybe more info.

It may be sad for you quigly, but it is a good thing for me, because the reason I liked it is that I don't like to be evil, or I don't like to be this or that, but yet I am this or that, the movie introduced me as I said to the thought about the death camps and things like that. Like the first guy said a sort of mind fuck. I needed that. I saw the previews, and immediately wanted to go and see it. I can understand why it would be sad, though. ....

Horror flick/mind fuck, what the hell ever. First half of the movie, yeah. Wondering, when's something gonna go wrong. Makes someone like me want tits and ass

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

add to that the suffering part, and you have no idea what mind fuck you are fucked with.

May be a low budget peice of crap, but the degradation of mankind is something worth knowing about, at least. Hey, at least the ending was decent.

I liked the movie a lot, but that's just me.