Canadians! Who are you voting for?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Xerxes, Jan 11, 2006.

?

Who are you voting for?

1. Bloc Québécois

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Communist Party

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Conservative Party

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Green Party

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  5. Liberal Party

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. Marijuana Party

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. Marxist-Leninist Party

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. New Democratic Party

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

January 23, election day. Your job is to put a big 'X' in the right circle.

Who do you vote for?

Personally, I'm... undecided. The only leader that doesn't get under my skin is Layton, but then he has no chance of winning. (I live in Stephen Harpers' riding.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

Marijuana Party? Heh.

:m:

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. vslayer Registered Senior Member

well i cant vote unless until next election even if i go back to canada right now, but the greens are my choice anyway.

i would have voted for the marxist-leninist party, but it seems that everyone but the greens these days are too obsessed with their own ideologies, and profiting from them that they spare no time or money for the environment which provides just that for them.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

Conservative.

I don't want liberal scum in office anymore and the Conservatives are the only ones who won't attempt the banning of firearms owned by law-abiding owners like myself.

8. crazyfreespirit "Custom User Title" Registered Senior Member

I can't vote, but my parents are going with layton, since the others right now are all worse.

9. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Well, I'd vote for the Bloc if there were a candidate running where I live, alas, I'm not in Quebec, so...

It's a tough decision; the Lib's have proven themselves unworthy (scamming millions from taxpayers..) the Conservatives have tabled some questionable policy, and voting for any other party is (sadly) just a waste of a vote.

10. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

Conservatives are Bush friendly.

Exactly why Conservative party must NOT get in.

Yes some of them were crooks (or at least irresponsible). But the "scandle(s)" were overpoliticized. All governments give contracts to their friends. There were some injustices but the media also blew it out of proportion. Canadian politics should remain boring.

Voting for a party (other than lib, con, block) is a wasted vote so vote liberal.

11. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

Another unenlightened post supporting the banning of firearms. What a surprise...

Perhaps you should educate yourself on the subject and look up some studies and statistics before encouraging the removal of yet another one of our rights.

12. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

Like these 2:
    http://www.cfc-ccaf.gc.ca/pol-leg/res-eval/publications/reports/1990-95/reports/siter_rpt_e.asp
    http://www.guncontrol.ca/Content/international.html

By country, the higher the % houshold ownership, the higher the gun death rate. But why don't you "enlighten me"?
    And really, I don't give a shit about statistics. Let's assume that statistics is on your side. Please "enlighten" me on the really fun things you do with your firearm(s). Also "Enlighten" me on why it is your "right" to bare arms and why are you so afraid that "right" will be take away from you. "Enlighten" me on how guns are used for sport, hunting, and self defense and that guns don't kill people... people do.

There's nothing "enlightening" about guns except maybe if you're found staring into the barrel of one. Guns are dangerous -- designed for one purpose -- to kill. I'll gladly give up my right to own them as I rely on my societies slaughter houses, police force, and I'll find a real sport to play. -- And if I ever get the urge to shoot a wild animal, I'll get a camera.

13. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

Enlighten me on why we own golf clubs ? Or kitchen knives ? Hell, even cars ? How about the fact that the latter (oh, and doctors) kill more innocent people than firearms ever did ? Would you also like to review the situation in the UK, Australia and all US states with gun control as opposed to those countries/states with less or none of it ? Would you also like to justify how your recreational activities have more value than mine ? Firearms are NOT dangerous and have several uses, one of which happens to be self-defense: but I don't use mine towards that end, only to shoot paper targets, participate in competitions and collect them for historical and personal reasons. Again, there's more than enough data out there supporting the idea that gun control and prohibition doesn't work, but you don't strike me as the kind that could be convinced by hard facts so unless I'm mistaken, I won't go through the trouble of linking them for you: either find them yourself or make an honest request if you aren't already decided on the issue and I will give you some reading material.

14. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Paintball guns.. BB guns.. penis.. why aren't those sufficient for your shooting pleasure?

Answer me this: If golf glubs and kitchen knives where as just as dangerous as guns, why are people robbing banks and killing people with a disproportionate number of guns?

Personally, I would prefer illegal guns to the patriot act, but hey..

15. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

See this thread for my opinion....
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=51456

I would vote for NDP if I could, that's for sure. The Liberals have legally stolen tens of thousands of my savings, which should be going to my child. Instead, it is going to feed the devious unprecedent need for the Liberals to just feed off from everyone else in this country. :bugeye:

They did nothing for us and yet we are forced to pay them countless amounts of money just to stay together.

So.... let's not vote Liberals, shall we? :bugeye:

:m:!

16. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

With this attitude, change will never take place.
    Look at what the Liberals are doing. They are making young Canadian pay for all the bills. Young Canadians already had to pay before because of the borrowing of money. Now, with their post-secondary cuts, we are paying the bills of older people. Soon we will be deep in debt and spending the rest of our lives paying to reduce debt. Imagine an entire economy based on paying off debt. Does it sound healthy?'

The Liberals are just taking all the money for themselves and making young Canadians pay for the rest of their lives. With a debt-driven economy, Canada will successfully fall into the thir-world country category.... :bugeye:

17. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

It is because of this "waste" mentality that this government has gone this far with so much corruption. :bugeye:

18. vslayer Registered Senior Member

then start petitioning the government to get an MMP/AMS system. it saves us from wasting votes(in theory) because smaller parties can still get cabinet positions by allying with larger(centre) parties in order to give that alliance a majority of votes.

the only problem arises with electorate voting, but if they do a nationwide vote count alone, then it will be fine.

19. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

You created a new thread on the same topic? You're getting to be annoying Truthseeker.

huh? :bugeye:

What are you complaining about education? It's still damn cheap in Canada.
    Of course the young should pay (more taxes). They earn more.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not crazy about the current Liberal Party, but if you don't want the conservative party to win, then you should vote for Liberal. It's probably futile. Conservatives are up significantly in the polls. Well at least Bush will be happy.

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Look at the date it was created. I created it first.

Not for "international students". The fact that they have a family in Canada seems to be completely irrelevent :bugeye:

What the hell are you talking about!?!??

I've never seen a young person earning more then an old one. Not only old ones seem to be preferred, but they also obviously get higher positions, which are higher paying. Where the hell is your logic!?!?!?

I rather warmongering Conservatives over corrupt Liberals. :bugeye:

That's because all the people who would vote NDP are voting Conservative because they can't stand the Liberals anymore!

21. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

To the former: I enjoy them as well, but every one has a different feel and road to mastery. I don't ask you to limit your recreational activities on account of lunatics using parts of them to commit their crimes and I expect the same in return.

You may be interested to know that Australia has proposed legislation to ban kitchen knives. Understand, my friend, that criminals will use whatever is at their disposal to commit their crimes, and no amount of legislation will stop them from acquiring that which they seek: prohibition worked really well with alcohol, huh ? As an added note, by disarming the populace, you're only assuring criminals that they will be the only armed ones.

Good job...

22. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

uhmm. The first post for this thread was Jan. 11th. Yours was Jan.13th. Am I missing something?

What do you expect, Canadian taxpayers pay education for someone's 2nd cousin in Bulgaria?

Well what do you mean by young and old. 25-55 is young(ish) able to work hard and pay hard taxes. After that, you're winding down. Sure, I'm willing to pay high taxes now if it means more security when I'm "older".

They're all "currupt". Besides, they got punished and then some. The rest is all politics and media sensationalism.

Probably.

23. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

The difference between guns and kitchen knives, or golf clubs, or machetes is that guns were created and designed for KILLING. PERIOD. Sure, a lunatic will use anything to kill so what's your point? to make guns more easily accessable for him? He's going to kill anyway, so might as well huh? Killing is easy, very easy with a gun. with a knife or club, you have to get up close and there's a greater chance of the victim escaping alive. What about kids, small children who find guns in their home? Do they (and/or thier friends)deserve to die because of their parents stupidity? Excuse me for trying to put a "limit your recreational activities".