Scratch-n-Dent? where?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by cato, Jan 10, 2006.

1. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

hey everyone, I have been looking, passively, for a laptop and I started to wonder, what happens to scratch and dent electronics when the company has a) not sold them yet, or b) they are still under warranty?

do they like sell them with discounts? or what? and where?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Try looking straight from the manufacturer. We used to get our best bargains from a place called Halted Supply that specialized in high-tech junk and some older stuff, too (vacuum tubes, anyone?). My husband tells me that some manufacturers send their scratch-n-dents to clearinghouses like Halted.

If you're talking about from a store, like Fry's, Microcenter, etc., there'll already be a discount for scratch-n-dents.

If that fails, try www.propertyroom.com. It's kind of like an e-Bay site supplied by the cops. Stolen stuff that hasn't been reclaimed within a period of time goes up for auction, and they've defeated snipers so you can be sure of a fair auction.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

thanks, I will prolly just end up getting on off ebay. I am just worried about shit being wrong with it, ya'know =]

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.