When people blam us for wasting food

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Semon, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Semon Howdy, hi and hello. Registered Senior Member

especially parents, they said when afrian children is starving, I should not waste the food and eat them all completely eventhough I am full obviously. Eating too much make me sick and dizzy. The point is eventhrough I eat all of them, the african children would not have more food to eat. So this is just pointless to eat them all.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. QuarkMoon I Registered Senior Member

Hi, I'm 8-years-old. How old are you?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Who wastes food? People usually use a fuckin' fridge to keep leftovers, and eat those over a period of several days.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

you should send the leftovers to africa you thoughtless heartless bastard.

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I keep wondering why anyone would prepare more food than they can eat? Doesn't that sound like piss-poor planning? ...not to mention expensive?

Baron Max

9. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Hence the obesity epidemic...

10. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Just make what you need to survive.

Or alternatively, work out what will kill you then back it off a little.

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

kill mmmmmmmmmmmm
    this martial arts training yesterday
    I can barely move today, energy levels totally down, but it feels sooooo good
    those into sports know what I mean, narcotic like pleasure
    then add jasmin incense, green tea with jasmins, japanese or indian acid folk music (like Floating Flower) and it's paradise

I always try to eat as little as possible, but take in mind what I have to do that day, i.e., eat only that much as much energy is going to be required.
    As today I'm totally slacking, I have eaten just a few oat flake cookies and a bit of soup.

12. duendy Registered Senior Member

Avatar...your not doing yourself any favours. food IS energy. so the more energy you do the more energy you need to replenish

13. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Bollox, when I'll need that energy, then I'll take it.
    I don't need much energy laying on pillows and listening to music.
    Besides - it feels good.

14. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Try cracking open a thermometer and eating the mercury.
    There ain't much there, so you got no complaints about someone stuffing yer ass silly, and it has wondrous nutritional "benefits" which I'm sure will enilven & entertain everyone around you...!

I'm chuckling just thinking about it !!!

LoL

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Ah, but then I couldn't eat.
    Why don't they kill an elephant...that oughta feed a couple villiages for a while...it's a damn elephant.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Why send the leftovers anywhere, Most food will keep if stored correctly for up to 3 days (then the Bacteria get's too great and you could become poorly for most "cooked" food types)

The best way to do that of course is to make sure you don't serve too much up on a plate, since usually you don't store that.

Any leftovers you can actually use in Composting (if organic) which better fertilises Gardens or of course vegetable patches. Of course in Urban area's and InnerCity's the only time people tend to do composting is with their illegal Hydroponics setup.

17. vslayer Registered Senior Member

i agree with avatar, the only thing i consume on my days off is alcohol, however when im working i usually eat the equivalent of about 4-5 meals a day. probably more now that im gonna start 12 hour days tomorrow.

18. poliwog Registered Senior Member

i bet if we americans started eating half of the food we do in 1 day, and sent it to the starvring people in africa we would keep them from starving and cure obesity. (as i stuff my face with calorie packed cookies)

19. allisone417 i'll be in my room Registered Senior Member

send them our crap food? fuck no! ever wonder why almost every person in the US gets cancer, fatter, or whatever they are now?

we should force our large scale agricultural system on them.

20. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

*tsk*
    Have you got an "extinction agenda" or something ?!?
    Elephants are a protected species fer the luvva Gawd !
    Next you'll be saying we must cultivate whale herds for the slaughter !
    :bugeye:

21. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

apparently nobody has stopped to think about this. the more food "starving" nations have, the greater the birthrate will be. giving more food will just make more people starve.

its called the dismal theory of economics.

as long as the only limits to human population are misery and starvation, then humans will undoubtedly end up in misery and starvation.

we don't need to send them food. we need to send them cyanide pills and birth control. many people in poor countries only have children so that they can be taken care of when they get old. so give them birth control for when they are young, and cyanide for when they get old.

bing bang boom, problem solved.

everyone always says "help the starving children". however, the starving children are only the symptom of the problem, they should not be born in the first place.