Space Invaders

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by spuriousmonkey, Jan 8, 2006.

1. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I had to sit through 'War of the Worlds' with that fabulous actor Tom Cruise (insert sarcasm at will). This made me think of a game.

You are at the head of an alien civilization keen to destroy humanity. Unfortunately your resources are limited because you know that the crack troops you will send down to the surface of planet earth will die quite soonish due to earth conditions (fill in your own reason if you anal).

Rule 1. You can only hit a limited amount of targets.
    Rule 2. The aim is to cripple or destroy humanity or the human species in general.

A. which targets fill be first priority?
    B. How is that going to destroy or cripple humanity
    (C-optional) What will you do with planet earth once it is yours?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Wombat Registered Member

A. Oil refineries, stockpiles and nuke power plants. Transport hubs.
    Use human type tech.

B. Wait for most of humanity to starve/freeze/kill each other.

C. Convert the solar system mass into solar powered computing elements capable of running virtual environments. Organise into dyson shells. (each one running off the waste heat from the one below). Upload our species. Upload humanity into their own environment starting from a point pre-invasion. Everyone wins.
    (until Mr. Anderson gains root access)

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

You could NOT cripple or destroy humanity with only a limited amount of ammo and/or choice of targets. There's just plain too many of them and they're too widespread and too diverse.

You could destroy all of New York City, but the people in mid-state New York probably wouldn't even notice it!! You could destroy all of Los Angeles, and the people in northen California would not even be affected. You could sink the entire British Islands and the people in Paris wouldn't even know or care.

No, with only limited destruction, you could NOT cripple or destroy humanity.

Baron Max

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

I would even go as far as saying that distruction using "ammo" or bombs by aliens would actual strengthen humanity. To distroy humanity:
    1. eliminate birth control
    2. strengthen religion (Bring 2nd Christ or Allah or BOTH!)

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Primary targets: Knowledge centers; libraries, universities, research institutes, the internet
    Secondary targets:
    all powerplants if I have the capability

B. How is that going to destroy or cripple humanity
    Without knowledge humanity will be thrown back into the dark ages.
    The elimination of oil refineries will ensure chaos in most western countries. Because I couldn't target also all people with knowledge in my first primary strike I hope that the ensuing chaos caused by lack of power will prevent experts to reconstitute major parts of the human knowledge base.

Hopefully the combined effect will throw back humanuity back into the stone age

(C-optional) What will you do with planet earth once it is yours?

I will enslave the human species and make them produce cheap toys for my homeplanet.

9. RoyLennigan Registered Senior Member

infiltrate discreetly and cause wars between superpowers that will inevitably end in nuclear warfare and armageddon. humans destroy themselves.

10. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

I'd have the Earth work for me. Just send all the strikes to all the super volcano locations of the world so that you set off a chain reaction and bye bye Earth. Or instead of using conventional explosives (I'm assuming that's what you're talking about), just send down a couple biological plagues that mankind has yet to be exposed to.

- N

11. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

A: Various cities in the US, UK, China, Russia and Europe and make it seem it was caused by anotehr nation. Let humanity slowly wipe itself out and then assist those who appear to be winning. Then kill the winners.

B: Utilises man's weapons and intuition against itself.

C: Probably use it as a proving ground for weapons and use human survivors to train crack soldiers.

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Spurious, do you have even the slightest idea how many such places there are like that? I thought you said ..."limited" targets??? Shit, man, there's a gazillion such "knowledge centers", etc in just New York City alone!!

Power plants? Do you know how many of those there are? I thought you said "limited" targets?

So, ...if you knock out a library, everyone in the area instantly forgets how to make fire? ...how to boil water? ...how to cook steaks? ...how to make bombs and bullets? One lousy library, and the area becomes a village of Neanderthals? ...LOL!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

C'mon, Spurious, you know better than that ...surely you do?! Or is this thread just intended to keep us from badgering you about your ideas of "freedom" on the other thread??? ...LOL!

Baron Max

13. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

don't be so negative Baron.

14. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

`

Movie, television, and recording studios.

B. How is that going to destroy or cripple humanity?
    Do I really have to elaborate ?

C. What will you do with planet earth once it is yours?
    Return every once and a while to "re-treat" the infestation.
    Earth is useless to us. Except perhaps for target practice.
    We merely wish to prevent it's inhabitants from sending their annoying bits of electronic junk out into the universe.

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Negative?? Don't you mean "realistic"?

I mean, if this is just a silly little game that we're all supposed to be playing, then ....okay, I'll opt out.

Baron Max

16. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I agree with the fact that knowledge centres would be a little stupid to attack. You need to concerntrate your attacks on key military and economic areas while hindering logistics and power.

With that said, FedEx will be first to go

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Realistic:

Are you an alien in charge of invading earth?

no.

there goes the realism.

18. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

`
    Maybe he's an illegal alien...

He's already putting forth an unsupported claim to a royal title.

Heaven only knows what else he's capable of.

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

No, but you asked us, the members of this forum, specifically. And as far as I'm aware, most of the people here are not the leaders of alien races trying to take over the Earth! ....LOL!!

Baron Max

20. Raithere plagued by infinities Valued Senior Member

How about a few megaton bombs (not necessarily nuclear) placed in the largest of the oceanic clathrate hydrate reservoirs? Release massive quantities of the stored methane and CO2 and create a greenhouse condition like never immagined. Massive environmental disruptions should wipe out most (if not all) of humanity.
    Then toss in a few dozen EMP weapons exploded over each continent which effectivly shut down all power grids, communications equipment, computers, etc.
    After a few decades of extreme environmental catastrophe the remaining, isolated, human populations should be easy enough to mop up.

~Raithere

21. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

A. The top 5 largest cities in the United States and China, plus London, The Hague, and Moscow.

B. Destroys the economic and governmental centers of the most powerful nations on the Planet, thus causing pretty much a meltdown of the world's economy and government. Crippled economy, crippled government = crippled mass-communications. No mass communications means easier conquest of the entire thing.

C. Mine it raw, then use it as a projectile for my giant gun that shoots planet-sized projectiles to destroy other planets.

22. vslayer Registered Senior Member

A
    target 1: dome of the rock
    target 2: whitehouse(while president isnt there)
    target 3: hong-kong

B
    as long as i didnt make my spaceship seen, it would kickstart a massive war, which would wipe out almost 1/5 of the population. then infect the rest with radiation, giving them only a few weeks to live.

C
    hollow it out and fill it with snacks, transforming it into a giant pinyata for my leaders

23. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

vslayer is taking after Invader Tak by the looks of it