The Supreme Comedy of self-realization

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by genep, Jan 7, 2006.

1. genep Guest

When we speak of self-realization we imagine being like Krishna, Buddha, Jesus, Ramana, Nisargadatta and Papaji.
    But when we ask: who is this “we” that wants to be self-realized? … then we stumble on the Supreme Comedy from yet another angle.

The seeker is the Supreme Comedy because it is the ego. This ego is the Supreme Comedy itself because not only is it the obstacle for self-realization but it, the ego, is the utter obstacle that prevents us, we, from going far beyond the word self-realization.

The ego in fact prevents us from going far beyond anything that the so called self-realized Krishna, Buddha and Jesus could have imagined, not even in their most wildest dreams.
    The ego does this because it, this seeker, keeps us blind and deaf to the Supreme Reality that we are: the Reality for which the universe is our private spiritual-wonderland, playground. And the Supreme Comedy is that the ego is the impenetrable barricade to this spiritual-wonderland even thought is does not exist.
    The ego cannot exist because it is Reality’s fiction, a thought. This thought is simply the words “I can think.”
    This simple thought “ I can think, ego” locks us to brain and body like a convict is shackled to his ball and chain. Without this thought we are unleashed into our private spiritual-wonderland that is far beyond anything the gods and saints like Krishna, Jesus and Buddha could have imagined.
    And the Comedy called ego is Supreme because it -- the ego that is the thought “I can think” -- is deception personified because it fools “us” into thinking we have freedom “ I can think” when there is no thinking because it is just a thought --the “ I can think” thought called ego. And so instead of freedom this thought, ego, actually shackles us to brain and body … and without the thought “ I can think” we are unleashed to the unfathomable Peace, Joy, utter-freedom of being the Supreme Reality, Heaven or Samadhi, Nirvana, whose spiritual-wonderland is not a brain-body but indeed the whole universe and everything else imaginable.
    The Supreme Comedy: let the ego entertain us by seeking its self-realization, and all “we” have to do is discard the thought “ I can think” for the whole universe to be our private spiritual-wonderland in which the material world is in the distant background.
    But the Supreme Comedy called life is far more simple than discarding thoughts. In fact “we” cannot discard this thought because in this spiritual-wonderland, we call life, there is no thinking and thus there are no doers that can think, or do, let alone discard thoughts … but we can be entertained by these words that each ego will read differently, minute to minute, to fume or laugh. And to laugh or fume can make no difference to keep this Supreme Comedy called life, the ego – the “I can think” thought -- entertaining.
    --- the ALL IS called Heaven