David Icke

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by alexb123, Jan 4, 2006.

1. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

What are you views on this man?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

I think he is on an interesting and sometimes uncannily accurate wicket. He makes some good points. I have reached many of his conclusions regarding the actual way the "system" works quite independently via my own research. I think his basic modus operandi is to throw as much information as possible "out there", and then leave it up to the individual to decide for him/herself what to accept or reject. The scary thing is you can independently research many of his claims and they tend to be accurate. I also reckon he makes a fair living out of his enterprise. Heh.

(there are plenty other websites that offer similar material, and are not quite as outrageous. I can provide links if you are interested.)

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. phlogistician Banned Banned

I think that claiming the royal family are blood drinking reptiles, is funny.

He's a basket case though.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Light Registered Senior Member

He's just a promoter for his books. Similar to talk-show hosts that know ratings can be increased by outlandish, controversial things, he promotes all of that weird stuff simply to get attention. He doesn't believe a bit of it himself but is good at making some people believe he does.

Just showmanship with a financial purpose.

8. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

He was a passable snooker commentator.

9. duendy Registered Senior Member

I agree with streteched.....he does have real good insights. but where he goes waay off is his beliefs in shapeshifting reptiles!

to tell you the truth, i used to take the piss out of him. then after the London bombings, when i began researching about alternative news, and ideas, i obviously came into contact wit his views. as i say they make real sense UNTIL he goes off on one about the reptiles. that was whatput me off prior and still does

one could ALMOST argue he iaspart of the side he rails against, precisely cause of his absurd noions wouod put serious thinking people off

but i encourage those here to rather read his other views. if you want to believe the latter it's up to you...........but i will challenge you on them

10. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

My personal view is that "it is always a pleasure to listen to a smart man talk crap".

He gives me food for thought and a chuckle at the weirder side of his beliefs. He also seems to be Psychotic, which often makes for interesting stuff.

I guess you could call him the ultimate conspiracy Theorist.

11. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

David Ickes main rant is against “conditioning”. He reckons most of mankind are conditioned via the age old tricks of religion, politics, philosophy, science and more recently the media. Just looking at the responses in this thread so far, he seems to be correct, as here he is considered a basket case. All he is really trying to achieve is to show that there are other realities and other possibilities. First prize is slipping out of our “conditioning” long enough to even ponder on possible shape shifting reptilians. The existence of shape shifters I think, is purely metaphor on his part. This seems to be one of his tools for achieving mind expansion. Much of the fundamentals that he puts forth parallel the thinking of enlightened individuals like Osho and Ghandi for example. His views on the media, politicians, bloodlines, global politics and finances are very much on target, and I have independently researched much of what he espouses long before I ever heard of him. The “Headline News” on his website makes for very interesting reading, and if you backtrack via the archives you will see that there are definite patterns that emerge. For example the American invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq was predicted way before it was making news and you will see that the invasion of Iran is next. Probably set off by an Israeli orchestrated event. I am no promoter of conspiracy theory, but the signs are unmistakable. There are undoubtedly bullshit bits and pieces on these sites but weed them out and decide for yourself. His site is http://davidicke.com. Other great sites for independent news and commentary are: http://www.rense.com and http://huffingtonpost.com (believe it or not)

12. Light Registered Senior Member

And speaking of believe it or not, you're certainly welcome to believe what you just said about him.

My honest opinion of the man is that he's just out to make a buck. And that kind of talk sells, unfortunately.

13. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Light I have to agree with you that he is in it for the money to a certain degree. Even to be put on his Email mailing list costs money. But I think the man has a passion for what he is saying that goes beyond money.

14. phlogistician Banned Banned

I used to think he was a bona fide loon, but looking at his web site, I think he might just be in it for the money.

Let's face it, if the info he has is so important, and we are so decieved, wouldn't the decent thing be to publish it freely?

15. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Keep in mind that Icke was a rising star in the BBC. He then when certifiably crazy, except he wasn't certified.
    I suspect he came back down to Earth, realised he had screwed a very promising career, and saw this present route as a way to recover something for himself.

16. duendy Registered Senior Member

question: who dyou believe more:

Bush

or

Icke?

17. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

Simple. Make the effort. Do some independant research.

18. utopian knight Registered Senior Member

I think that David is the real messiah, he makes the land of the living so much more palatable then it would otherwise be, he truly is the child of god, he stand up for his beliefs and says it how it should be, the truth is out there and david has found the profound way of being alive in all it's splendour, in the end god loves his children.

19. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

Break out of that cage. c`mon ... you can do it! I feel drowsy, I feel very very sleepy ... I will vote for Bush ... I wil support the Patriot Act ... I will willingly limit my civil rights ... I will fight in Iraq ... I will die for Oil ... I reject any notion of mind control ... Let us pray ... let us prey ...

20. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

"Everyone who lives in London, or visits the city for work or pleasure, has a role to play in making it as difficult as we can for terrorists to operate here. We can all help by being vigilant and aware of what is happening around us. If it seems suspicious to you, please make that call."

* I am feeling drowsy ... I must report the old lady upstairs who talks to brown people ...

http://www.met.police.uk/counter_terrorism/campaign_ct.htm

21. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

22. duendy Registered Senior Member

23. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Question: which will kill you more:

a ten ton weight dropped on your head
    or
    ten pounds of plastique exploded by your side?