The American Economy, A Downward Spiral

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sci-Phenomena, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

Greetings fellow humans, I have a message of great urgency to relate. Of late, there have been many commercials on the radio offering people with low to no credit the ability to get a loan. This is the most frivolous I've ever seen the Federal Reserve opperate. And now, just today, I saw an infomercial which boasted of "free government grants."

The way I see it: When a man has frivolous credit and the same man gets a frivolous loan, the government may as well allow that man to "illegally legally" steal directly from me, a man who legitimately works for his bread. And when a man gets the same money for free, that I work for, he may as well be a treasonous enemy of the public. Human instinct says "Fine, I'll go get me some money for free from the same source." Then reality responds to human instinct: "The american economy is about to be obliterated, unless action is taken."

The way this works is obvious: More dollars in the economy, less worth in my bank account. (and that means your bank account as well)

Fear not, there is a solution: www.libertydollar.org

www.libertydollar.org combined with mass education of enomonics and required high school economic classes, its the only way.

Liberty dollar provides a way out of the current Downward Spiral of Inflation.

This is the call to action.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

What does the Federal Reserve or any other governmental agency have to do with some private company offering credit or low-rate loans? What does it have to do with the government??

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

Well, if you think about it,the Federal Reserve regulates the money that is put into the economy, and the banks and establishments go by the Feds regulations.

However, the infomercial I saw on TV today said the government was GIVING away money as "grants." Thats pretty frivolous.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Do you even know what a grant is?

I would suggest that you find out a little bit more about how the US economy works before you jump to naive, unfounded conclusions.

Baron Max

8. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

A man's wealth isn't shown by the money in his bank account but rather the intellectual property he owns. This is why I always spend my money on useful items because if the dollar ever does crash, rather than my money being gone, I'll have it all around me to barter and trade with. What good is money if you can't, or choose not to, use it? I'd much rather own a real item than some flimsy piece of worthless paper that I can't even wipe my bum with.

So since you notice the dollar falling, you better go put that money to good use before it no longer exists. If you buy the right items, it's value will remain the same or even go up in that your wealth will remain the same as opposed to having absolutely no wealth by having all your money being devalued. Just like in a shit-hits-the-fan scenario, money won't buy you anything. It's the useful items that are worth the most. I hope you have a fun spending spree!

- N

9. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 1, 2006
  10. its hard to get a government grant. theres lots of paperwork and an application process. many grants are competitive which reduces your chances even further. websites and commercials advertising FREE government money are often hoaxes or thinly veiled attempts to collect "consulting fees" for helping you apply for the money in the first place. there are of course exceptions, like obscure grants that few people apply for, and people or organizations who have exceptionally close interpersonal or working relationships with grants finance administrators. try to get some of that free grant money for yourself and you'll find out just how difficult it is.

11. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I thought the "liberty dollar" such a good idea, that I copied it. Yes, you can now get "better dollars" direct from me. Each is backed by a full sack of coffee. (We got a awful lot of coffee in Brazil, as the old song goes.)

I thought the makers of liberity dollars would surely want to increase the diversity of their backing by holding some coffee backed "better dollars," but WRONG. They only accept US dollars. I guess that should tell us something.

BTW, if you do not crave better dollars, would you be interested in an owner ship share in the Brooklyn Bridge? Only a few left - act quick.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

Inflation is whats' going to eventually be America's biggest problem with all the greed and extreme capitalism of governments and NGO's. So how do you curb inflation? Immigrants will help thats for sure. But eventually as the rich states get richer and third world get poorer they will be a need to bridge the gap due to economic loses, which will mean adopting a single currency, which in turn calls for a global domination. And global domination as we know leads to a fall of the empire due to new ideas. A safer scenario is of cause rendering all other states harmless, making third world money laundering legal, keeping all the WMD's and dictating the international price game. This is a scenario similar to what we see today. A reason for much of the curuption in third world countries and the Iran- US nuclear conflict.

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

We've had periods of inflation in this great nation before ...many times. And yet we recovered, didn't we? And we curbed it, right? So why is inflation such a major issue now, as opposed to those periods in the past? Please explain.

Baron Max

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I think the current popularity of interest-only loans and questionable standards in lending have created a bubble of hallucinated wealth in the Real Estate market, which has already started to burst. This, combined with the export of manufacturing jobs, the high national debt, and the republican destruction of new deal social services, and lack of a living minimum wage, has already began to destroy the middle class. The American Dream is in danger of disappearing for good.

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I think that's what "they" said in the 1920s ...then again in the mid-1860s, .....then again in the early 50s ....then again in the late 70s ...then again in the early 80s ...then again in......well, you get the idea, right?

Baron Max

16. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

The major reason is of course that Americans have never been so deep in debt. A debt that only can be paid by printing press dollars, when the baby boomers are collecting social security, instead of paying taxes.

It was 1964 (I think) that the last tie to metal was cut, making the dollar fully “fiat money“, expandable without limit. (Recall those dollars that had a blue seal - the silver certificates. I used a thousand of them at the treasury to buy a $1000 silver dollar bag on last day the treasury honored that promise.)*

Well sort of last day - if you still have a silver certificate dollar, take it to the treasury I think they will, if you insist, give you a tiny wax-paper-looking envelope of silver dust, not much good for anything to the average person, so not much of this is done.
    *An amazing experience - about 500 people in a line several blocks long stood ALL NIGHT LONG with at least $1000 dollars cash in their pockets ON THE STREETS OF Washington DC! (I would estimate at least 2 million dollars in circulated cash on the street that night. One man had $10,000 and no possiblitiy for him to even lift 5,000 silver dollars! He want me and another man to help him carry bags, offering $500 each bag if we did, as I recall. Everyone was crazy with dreams of single coins worth $20,000 known to still be held by the treasury. The WSJ publishes the treasury's holdings and the day before they dropped about 5 million with only about 3 million left and the most valuable ones still had not come out.)

My frail old father was one (with $3000 on him in circulated cash silver certificates!) I arrived at sunrise, calculated that he would never get in, even if the line held. I persuaded him to give me $1000 and a few minutes before the treasury opened its doors, the line jumpers turned everything into a disorderly mob - I was younger and had anticipated that this would happen, so I had position my self well and forced my way to the door as part of an arms locked "flying wedge" with a few others. (There is a depressed area around the US treasury building - A “no-mans land,” where DC police lack authority and treasury guards stay inside building. It looks like in years ago it could be flooded to make a mote. Physical force was the only law in this area that AM.)

When I left with my sealed canvas bag of silver dollars (about 55 pounds), via a back door, I turned down several offers for it at an immediate 300% gain. (Turned out I should have taken the offer - most valuable single coin I got was worth only $120 and all but ten were worth only two or three. Treasury had already sorted them and did not give out the last 3 million really rare ones. My $120 one was one the sorters must have missed. I sold them all slowly in the next few years for a total of about the $3000 I could have had immediately.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2006
  17. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

Inflation is the only thing I can think of. Well as long as most ideas are are devolped and perfected in the country there is no real threat, but if the U.S trails in technology for a prolong period they will be left in heavier inflation than any other country in the world as the U.S has the highest per capital GDP and savings. The industrial revolution started in britain and they took a back seat on the beach of "nothing can go wrong now" while electricity was being perfected in Germany and thus led to part of their fall back. Rome exported their man and material resources everywhere, which included ideas and Rome itself became less important and eventually fell. Its all about ideas and productivity but having the greatest military also ain't bad as well.

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Welcome to America.

Not exactly. More dollars into debt means less dollars into the economy. The thing is that this debt policy creates the same thing that an inflation creates- but it postpones it. What happens is that too many people are getting in too much debt. As the debt increases, it becomes harder and harder for them to pay for the debt. Once it is high enough, they go bankrupt and they are now unable to make the payments. Imagine millions of americans geting into that situation and now you have the biggest depression in the history of mankind.

When people work to pay debts, they are not buying anything, they are just paying bills to the bank. This means that you have less people consuming, which can create problems to businesses. Of course people use the debt to buy stuff. But once they use all the money, all taht is left is interest payments to make to the bank. Altough that seems good to the bank, as millions of people get deeper and deeper into debt, they have a harder time paying the interests. And once they get bankrupt, who are going to make the payments?

Well, I'm sure many politicians like Bush are taking their time in sciforums to read those things.....

19. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Take a look at foreclosures in the bank. How many are there and how much do they cost? I've seen a house for $10,000!

Take a look at how many more foreclosures you have every year. How is the real estate market doing? What does that tell you?

20. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Depends on where you live. I've never seen a house for $10,000. I've seen literally a shack on a hill go for $10,000 in Hawaii though, heh. At least where I live in Cali, houses continue to rise and rise. In the past couple years, ours went up $350k and it's a normal, average house. More modern ones went up even more!

- N