What makes you mad?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by crazyfreespirit, Dec 30, 2005.

1. crazyfreespirit "Custom User Title" Registered Senior Member

Most people have that one thing that just sets them off. That one word, action, circumstance, idea or attitude that just makes you mad. Whats yours?

I wonder if there are certian things that just piss everyone off, or is each pet peeve specific to to the person and their experiences. Or do some people just not have anything like that.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TheAlphaWolf Registered Senior Member

"science is just like religion"
    "It's just a theory"
    you know, things like that.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

When people disrespect those who served/struggled in the second world war. I hate Ricky Gervais purely because of the joke about Anne Frank. It's the only thing that really makes me boil.

That and mullets.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Why should anything make me mad? I don't understand..

8. milkweed Valued Senior Member

People who leave their empty carts in a parking spot because they are too lazy to wheel them over to the cart areas.

9. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Then be a better peson and wheel them where the carts should be.

10. milkweed Valued Senior Member

What in my post made you assume I do not do that?

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Because angry people usually turn their emotional release to the subjects/objects that made them angry.
    If I was wrong then I apologize for assuming wrong.

12. milkweed Valued Senior Member

There are several reasons this first came into my mind when I read the topic.

I have confronted people on occasion with words about how the cart rack is one car over (no kidding). Nothing that could be consider harsh or rude. Once could say its not my business but I have had to park futher away from the store because of a cart blocking a spot and the spots around it having cars in them so I couldnt pull in and push the cart head and just grab the cart and take it into the store with me (which is what I do).

I have also found carts next to my car when exiting a store. One time a lady across the row from me grabbed the cart left behind while she was in the store and I grabbed the cart left next to my car and we both pushed extra carts into the corral. We looked at eachother and just shook our heads. This time, the cart rack was two cars over.

I have also watched as old people and people with children had to park further away from a store because some selfish person who thinks their time is too precious to waste has blocked another spot. Not only that, but its my time that is being wasted by some one else. And it happens all the time.

And I would add that I am not talking about when people do this during a huge snowstorm or downpouring rainstorm (with lightning). I am talking about daylight, warm weather, and no other reason than they are lazy types.

I hope this helps clarify why I picked this one.

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

but alpha . . .

14. leopold Valued Senior Member

milkweed is not a happy camper
    i don't like people parking in the fire lanes at stores

15. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

`
    Just about any time I hear any member of the US Senate or House opine on anything.

I believe the last time this did not occur was a few years back when Sam Nunn (I think) and a few others tendered their resignations.

Good idea !

Too bad it didn't catch on...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. valich Registered Senior Member

The stores should have adequate employees to retrieve empty carts. Anyways, nothing to get angry over.

I hate when I post a scientifically researched fact on some of these forums, and the belligerent opponent with the opposite view apparently doesn't read or disregards the facts and continues to promote his biased views.

My neighbor just bought a puppy for his two children, yet leaves it outside in the freezing cold all morning long while no one is home. All morning long I hear it crying for attention. This gets me upset: he doesn't understand the responsibility of owning a pet.

I wait for a person to pull out from a crowded department store parking lot; then, as soon as the person pulls out, another driver coming from the opposite direction pulls in - totally ignoring me waiting there.

I buy a twenty dolar coffee maker and three days later I receive a flyer in the mail that says it is now on ale for fifteen dollars.

I was told to send my complaints about pilots from our local airport barnstrorming the surrounding forests to the administratior of the airport, because they are scaring off the herds of elk and interfering with their breeding and migration. He contacts the local police. They call me and tell me that there's nothing you can do about it. The mayor's office and city council tells me to contact the FAA. The FAA tells me you have to give us conclusive proof (photos that show the distance the aircraft is from the ground). Then they say they are not involved with such matters because of global terrorism issues, etc.: after taking dozens of photos?

I returned an item at Wal-Mart and was yelled at by a customer because I returned to the front of the line when I returned with the exchanged item as instructed to do. The customer kept saying, " you can't cut inline like that," even though the store employee told me to come back and that I would not have to wait in line?

I keep buying these cheap white pants at Wal-Mart, but when they get dirty, no matter what I use to dissolve the dirt, nothing seems to get them clean again?

A previous "significant other" owes me $100,000, but in order to file charges I need their address. Since they have now either changed their name or left the country, I cannot file the civil suit?

17. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I've been reading a few discussions and guess that you are talking about yourself, Valich. Particulary the thread about Mt. Everest, plate tectonics and volcanos, where you claimed some facts, then were proven wrong again and again and yet all the time still denied you had been wrong.

18. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

The misuse of statistics to manipulate public opinion. The worst is the perpetration of the fallacy that correlation implies causation. E.g., second-graders who watch South Park are more likely to be poorly behaved as they grow older, so South Park must be evil and should be banned. Duh. Second-graders who are up late enough to watch South Park are not being well parented. (Unless their parents are bakers or something like that and home-school them because of their life's odd schedule.) Kids who are poorly parented are more likely to be assholes.

Correlation does not imply causation.

19. android nothing human inside Registered Senior Member

1. stupidity
    2. lies
    3. revenge
    4. moron metal like pantera or cannibal corpse

20. valich Registered Senior Member

Explain. Without an explanation this is another answer to "What makes you mad?" Have you read all the posts? Can I say something that will make you "unmad" in accordance with the joyful holiday spirit?

21. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

people who state the obvious and provide a running commentry of what is going on before my eyes as if i am incapable of processing the signals.being patronised.people who actively try not to think.people calling me gaijin (japanese for foreigner)

22. Semon Howdy, hi and hello. Registered Senior Member

1. stupidity
    2. inability

23. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Yeah, stuff like that from religious nuts really pisses me off.

Also, stupid people and racists piss me off to want to kill them.