BREAKTHROUGH OF THE YEAR: Evolution in Action

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by valich, Dec 28, 2005.

1. valich Registered Senior Member

Perhaps this new thread is better suited to be posted under the Biology and Genetics category, but "Sciforum: the Intelligent Community," is an abbreviation for Scientific Forum, so I first post this here because this category has the most viewers. However, the administrators - at their discretion -may want to move it to another subject category. If so, I have no qualms and would agree.

The internationally renowned journal "Science" has proclaimed "Evolution in Action" as the "Breakthrough of the Year." For a great review of this year's accomplishments in evolution and an excellent special video presentation:

http://www.sciencemag.org/sciext/btoy2005

"Dear Colleague,

Each December, the editors of Science review the most important leading-edge research published in all fields to select the most influential discoveries of the past year. The 2005 Breakthrough of the Year, Evolution in Action, was selected to highlight three outstanding papers in the field of evolutionary biology.

2005 stands out as a banner year for uncovering the intricacies of how evolution actually proceeds. Concrete genome data allowed researchers to start pinning down the molecular modifications that drive evolutionary change in organisms from viruses to primates, and painstaking field observations shed new light on how populations diverge to form new species."
    Source: received email

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Maybe sciforums stands for scientology forums?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. valich Registered Senior Member

Ron Hubbard? Tom Cruise? Geez, I hope not!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. UnderWhelmed Registered Senior Member

Ok, I admit it...I am Tom Cruise

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. OpteronGuy I just killed you Registered Senior Member

Sadly Tom Cruise lived in my city for the first 18 years of his life... I'm glad he doesn't talk about it much..