Oceans and Astrology

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by razz, Dec 28, 2001.

1. razz Registered Senior Member

Hi People

Just a thought...

If Science could map the entire ocean floor and unlock the secrets of the deep, would this benifit us in our understanding of other planets in the cosmos?

I read only something like only 10 percent of the entire worlds oceans have been explored, and concidering we are a water planet , dont you think knowing ourselves first, may just teach us something we dont already know, and inturn take some of the guess work out of Astrology.

Maybe im way off base, but i still think the oceans are hiding some very usefull information.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Welcome to Sciforums, razz.

Not only will we need to explore the remaining surfaces of our planet but we will also need to know what exists over every square inch of it. How many cures for diseases have we missed in not knowing what is there in the form of plants and animals? What do we know that is there that we do not know how to yet make use of?

Your point is well taken in that if we understood what the fundaments of bottom formation then we might better be able to understand other planet geological formation processes. Moons too, for that matter, such as Io.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. esp Registered Senior Member

I don't thnk that the importance of the aquisition of information about the rest of out planet can be discounted, and even that in terms of space exploration and cosmology, it will have comparative value.
    I'm not sure that this knowledge will prove invaluable in these fields, but it couldn't hurt.
    Especially in relation to those planets in the Sol system with non-solid surfaces.
    Infact couldn't it have merit in testing neo-biological theories?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.