Do you think we need F1 ?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Saint, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Saint Valued Senior Member

So expensive, why shall we burn money?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I like my F1 key. I need help a lot.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

*spits out drink*
    That thing actually has a purpose besides ordering troops on BF42?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

good answer

edit
    don't wipe your butt with a $20 bill, it doesn't work.

8. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

You mean Formula 1 right? If so,
    We don't actually "need" it or any other. It is the best, most technologicaly advanced auto racing available.
    Expensive? burn money? ... Who? Sponsors?, teams?, spectators who choose to buy tickets? who cares?

9. Saint Valued Senior Member

use the money to help the poor.

10. leopold Valued Senior Member

has the poor ever heard of work?

11. vslayer Registered Senior Member

if you ever left your million dollar estate you would see that the poor are some of the hardest workers there are. but the government is corrupted and welfare is almost as low as the minimum wage. so even though they may work 12 hours a day to support their 5 kids, they are still poor.

12. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I'm not a terribly big fan of Formula 1. Sure the cars are incredible but it makes for a boring sport. Yu stand in the grandstand and you only get the see the cars for about 5minutes in total. And on TV, it's just one huge endurance race where nothing ever happens. Touring cars and Rally is much more exciting.

13. antony Registered Senior Member

I guess that this querstion could be asked of just about every sport. Almost every sport consumes energy in the manufacture of its equipment / clothing etc. I guess it's just a difference of opinion as to which sports should be allowed to consume natural resources and which shouldn't.

14. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I say outlaw football (soccer). If you want a boring sport then that's the one. It's high time we added some exploding balls or random pits around the pitch to add some fun. I can safely say I'm not alone when I say it would be cool to see a spiked football impaled on David Beckham's forehead.

15. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

I think the problem with your idea is that people think that a sport involving real death/dismemberment is too barbaric. Pffffttt... Where did they get that silly idea?
    At any rate, the only sport in existance that come even remotely close to it are the ones that noboby takes seriously-- IE American Gladiators, or MXE or something along those lines.
    I guess you could always turn to video games, but it's just not the same.

16. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

AH, I like calculating genotypes and phenotypes for my F1 plant generations in the lab...

17. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

How about art? theater? cinema? Fictional literature? any form of entertainment?

18. leopold Valued Senior Member

there is a difference between broke and poor.
    i am broke but i am certainly not poor.

19. Don Quixote Registered Member

ANYWAY.............

I think I will try and bring this thread back on topic.

The question is "Do we need F1?", and this needs to be defined. Who is "we"? Is "we" everyone on the planet? or just the people answering the question?

Personally I don't "need" F1, I really enjoy watching it but i don't need it no.

Perhaps, though, people in the F1 industry and all those associated "need" it so they can go on paying the rent. You get my point.

AND as for the burning of cash. maybe, but most of the saftey advancements made in your average car are thanks to developments made in sports like F1. So in a way F1 saves lives. A good thing.

What's your underlying beef with F1 "Saint"???????? huh? well? What?

20. Rick Valued Senior Member

DOOOOOOOOOD
    Please stop being ignorant piece of *insert please*... and now theres no such thing as personal in this, i hope you understand tht you"re talking about Formula one which is one the most AMAZING and awesome sports ever, with legends like schumi, ayrton,prost...BAH! BAH!

wht'd like in racing? INDY CAR? dude, seriously indy car racing sucks it sucks!

Laterz
    Rick

21. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Nope. No bias here.

22. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Have you ever heard of work in the middle of a desert?

23. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Good answer.