Iranian president calls Holocaust a "myth"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by VitalOne, Dec 20, 2005.

1. VitalOne Banned Banned

'Ahmadinejad suggested that "they have invented a myth that Jews were massacred and place this about God, religions and the prophets. The west has given more significance to the myth of the genocide of the Jews, even more significant than God, religion and the prophets," he said. "It deals very severely with those who deny this myth but does not do anything to those who deny God, religions and the prophet," reported the CNN article.

He continued by saying, "if you have burned the Jews, why don't you give a piece of Europe, the United States, Canada or Alaska to Israel. Our question is, if you have committed this huge crime, why should the innocent nation of Palestine pay for this crime?" expressed Ahmadinejad.

In addition, Ahmadinejad spoke about Iran's nuclear program, stating that he will maintain the persistence in developing nuclear energy, saying that it will be used for peaceful purposes.

The earlier comments made by Ahmadinejad have not only affected the trust of individuals in certain countries but have also shaken the international community, which is worried that the nuclear developments have a different purpose. '

So what do you all think of this??

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Chryso Registered Member

Iran has made clear its intention to destroy Israel as soon as it can attach a nuclear warhead to a missle. The moment they fire that missle (and they will if not stopped by some means), Israel and its allies will wipe Iran from the face of the planet. There is still time to come to some diplomatic solution before that, of course, but statements like Ahmadinejad's make that seem less and less possible.

The funny thing with this situation is that this a much clearer case for Bush's "pre-emptive strike" doctrine (but not really since the threat is to Israel not the US), but because of his "political capital" being spent with Iraq, he has no ability to do so.

Here's hoping for peace without radiation therapy.

-C.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

Was the Iranian leader just stupid and uninformed and blinded by his anger at the Palestine situation, or was this a tactic?

If it was a tactic, a tactic towards what?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dkb218 Banned Banned

I wasn't there. Don't know if it happened or not. But really. If these acts were commited in Europe, justice to me would be to give Germany to the Jewish people.

But really, this guy says it and it's like it's not said everyday buy hundreds of people.

Again, I wasn't there but I always wondered. How did the number of 6 million Jews killed come about? Is this number absoulte? Can it be proven? I mean, if you say 6 million Jews were killed, can 6 million Jews be accounted for and named?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The exact number is debatable, but 6 million is a good estimate, and the total number murdered by the Nazis of 12 million is staggering, even if was somewhat more or less. I would say he is pandering to the militants of Iran to solidify his power. This kind of rhetoric will not help them gain nuclear power, peaceful or otherwise. Personally, I would like to see his face on one of those videos shot from the tip of a smart bomb.

9. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

I agree, especially since all the Jews killed were EUROPEAN ones, NOT from the Middle East. So uh, why not give them a country in Europe since that's where those victims were from? Another clear example of how it's a different reason for having a western state in the Middle East. The Holocaust was used as an excuse to have a non-Arab power in the Middle East. Simple as that. Yet everyone wonders why the Arabs are so pissed at em?

Geez, just look to the history of Jerusalem and all the wars that were faught for it. It was last under Arab control who wanted peace and allowed other cultures (Christians, Jews, etc) to visit. Then what happens? They get backstabbed by the Jews and they FREELY get to come in and kick out all the Arabs (Palestinians) from the area. Again, WHY is everyone wondering why they hate Israel? Let's not even mention the whole 7 Days War and all the land grabs Israel tried to do militarily, and now continue to try and do using their settlers.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Israel *is* going to attack them regardless, and we may have to jump in to help the poor little weasels. So since an attack is inevitable, you may as well rally all your population against Israel just as what happens before any war. Look at all the propoganda and crap said and shown on TV about Iraq or any other country before we invaded em?

- N

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No, he wants a war to get every Iranian even moderates all nationalistic. He won't get it, it's Mutually Assured Destruction.

Besides, Israel never stole any land from Arabs, it belonged to the British.

11. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

Or at least give the diplaced Palestinians real compensation for what the land lost to Israel.

Europe owes the European Jews. Now Israel, the USA, the UK, and the UN owe the Palestinians.

Damn creeps won't pay their debts.

12. changa was far, is near Registered Senior Member

And I suppose the British never stole land from anyone?

13. dkb218 Banned Banned

So who did the British steal it from?

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The best argument against European reparations?... 33 million dead to save the world from Fascism.

15. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

T. H. White wrote:

16. genep Guest

Welcome to the real world called: The New World Order.
    This World Order can run only one way and it is called Power Politics. The façade of this Power Politics keeps changing from Holy Roman Empire to Imperialism to Nationalism, Capitalism and Communism to Democracy.
    The way this “New World Order” works is simple as long as you replace the word “new” with its older word: “Nazi.”
    Again, welcome to the “NEW” World Order that dates back to at least Aristotle and his Alexander the Great.

If you try to fight it you will only make it work better.
    That is what the Muslims are doing so faithfully right now – whether they like it or not, they are making the One World Order work better. Every Suicide Bomber is dying to make the NEW World Order work better.

And if you cannot leave it, then you have to be a fool not to love it because it does work perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2005
  17. valich Registered Senior Member

This socalled "myth" seems to circulate around every few years or so, but of course Hussein would want to say this to add suspicion and doubt to his own holocaust, genecide, and mass executions.

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

This "I don't know, I wasn't there" line seems to me a pretty bad ploy at avoiding exposure for discrimination.

Similarly, dkb, muslims often say how the 'evil' Jews were mean and nasty to Mohammed. But were they? How do you know? You weren't there.

Geoff

19. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

in case anyone noticed,the nazis killed millions of NON jews.in fact the russians lost 20million people,france lost 400,000,and the rest of europe lost millions more.

the jews are just cry babies.

the REAL victims were the russians.

the halucaust is just propaganda so we feel bad for the whiney jews.

notice how we dont call the 20million dead russians a ''halucaust''.

its a double standard at best and outright propaganda at worst.

and before everyone jumps on the anti semite bandwagon,i hate everyone equaly.

20. Light Registered Senior Member

And in case you hadn't noticed, the WAY they were killed was quite different.

It's good to hear that you hate everyone because that way, someone will be more likely to take you out.

21. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

the nazis killed ANYONE who disagreed with them in ANY way they could.they gassed any and all races of people,they tortured and slaughtered men/women/and children of ALL ethnic and religous backrounds.they killed MILLIONS more NON jews then jews.

the fact that jews feel special because they took 1/5 the loss of the russians is absurd.

there was no ''halucaust'',only a world war.

and in war,everybody dies,no one is special.

deal with it.

im sorry if you cant accept the fact the jews are not special because some were killed by nazis,but the facts still remain.

NAZIS KILLED MILLIONS OF HUMANS,not just the jews.

22. Light Registered Senior Member

OK, big mouth. Show us some proof that they gassed millions besides Jews on the death camps!!

23. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

There's probably more proof for the non-Jews that were put to death than Jews, heh.

- N