My Voting History

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Cottontop3000, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

I'm putting this in the Free Thoughts section because I don't really intend this as a political topic, but more of an express yourself, free yourself of the burden type topic.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

In another thread I posted my voting history, from the first time until the present, and last night I thought it would be interesting to see others. If you would like to unload your voting history on us, please do. If you think this is a private thing, then don't.

Here's mine:

U.S.A.

1988 - George H. W. Bush (I was 18.)
    1992 - Ross Perot (I didn't like Clinton, though now I do.)
    1996 - Ross Perot
    2000 - Ralph Nader (I hated george w. and Gore, so what was I to do?)
    2004 - John Kerry

2008 - Not a republican, that's for sure.

Let us here yours.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. leopold Valued Senior Member

i don't vote (by choice)

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

92 Clinton
    96 Clinton
    00 Gore
    04 Kerry (although properly, I should have been able to re-elect Gore)

8. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

spurious:

Why no voting? Aren't you just giving up and opting out by not voting?

Your only chance to change anything is to vote, isn't it? (Or to run...)

10. Kotoko Laptop Persocom Registered Senior Member

1988 - Ronald E. Paul (Libertarian Party)
    1992 - John Hagelin (Natural Law Party)
    1996 - John Hagelin (Natural Law Party)
    2000 - John Hagelin (Natural Law and Reform Party)
    2004 - Michael Badnarik (Libertarian Party)

Natural Law Party website
    Libertarian Party website

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

After careful analysis I concluded that the middle always wins in the Netherlands. Sometimes they are slightly more left, sometimes slightly more right. But on a grand scale it doesn't matter who wins the elections, because the endresult is always the middle.

Not voting seems to be the only possible vote left besides voting for the middle. If you vote outside the middle or the middle than the middle thinks they have the support of the people. And can claim there are no problems. By not voting (and I hope more and more people will do this) the middle cannot claim everything is well. A disinterest in politics is worrysome to politicians because their authority is based upon it.

Not voting is also voting.

12. Mephura Applesauce, bitch... Valued Senior Member

I don't vote and never will, unless to give voice to someone that thinks they can make a difference in this system who is otherwise denied that chance.

13. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I'm waiting for a fuckwit worth voting for. Politicians are the only group of people that should not be allowed to run a damned nation.

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

spuriousmonkey:

Aren't there any "protest" parties in the Netherlands? Why not make a statement against the "middle" by casting a protest vote?

15. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Yeah, come on, dude. VOTE. People all over the world are dying for this right. Though, I think I am of the opinion that you are probably right in one sense. Voting seems to mean less and less. No matter who is elected, shit stays the same, or so it seems. The seeming non-change is dangerous though.

I have to strongly disagree with this though. They don't care if only 20% of the populous turns out to vote. They still HAVE all the power. YOU are still giving it to them. Inaction by citizens means you are giving up whatever power you do have, while they still have theirs. When you give up your power, theirs grows. This leads to fascism. Surely you remember Hitler? Please vote.

16. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Anyone else feel like posting your voting history?

17. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I don't vote, there is no party in my country which is acceptable to me (i.e., liberal).
    Our democratic tradition has not yet matured so much that politicians are really representatives of the people rather than being directly owned by business magnates.

18. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Voting sucks. Damn republic.

19. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Then become a citizen of some country that's not a republic. May I suggest Turkmenistan? It's run by one supreme and mentally ill leader. You'll like there, all non supporters of the regime are in prison or have been forced to become camel herders, etc.

20. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Well, fuck you then, Hapsburg! You're too young yet anyway.

21. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Yea, I think you are getting at the root of an issue. This is one of the corruptions of democracies that noone really seems to care about, or know about, or suspect, or fucking care about. Spreading freedom to Iraq? More like free market disguised as freedom, which are too totally different things, imo.
    I know what you mean, even here in america the great. Fucking pisses me off!!

22. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Who was up against the first bush? Crap I don't remember. Know I didn't vote for Bush though...

EDIT: looked it up, sure didn't vote for dukakis either. weird. I wonder if I even voted? I'm confused. lol. Maybe I didn't vote the first time I could have.

Perot (I wanted to see what that crazy lil bastard would do in charge, shake things up)

Clinton (who ran against him?)

EDIT: Yah Dole, man I didn't like that guy. Clinton's charm and ease won the election easy. I don't respect Clinton much on the whole "ethical politician" front, but damn that guy is still, IMO, an advanced political animal.

Gore (hated bush)

Bush (quit hating bush, hated kerry)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  23. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

So much hate is not good for your nervous system and the general well being of psyche, wesmorris