Why does the US continue to support israel?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by charles cure, Dec 19, 2005.

1. The United States has gotten in so much trouble all around the world for helping to recreate/support Israel. why does it continue? it would seem logical to have backed off significantly in our support for them in the post-9/11 years, but that hasn't happened to a large extent. i feel that their policies exacerbate the problem of terrorism on a worldwide scale, even have played a great role in creating the problem of international Islamic terrorism, yet the United States overlooks their transgressions and instead blames palestine. its hard for me to understand the logic in this.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Do you "back off" from your friends whenever a little trouble comes their way? Is that the kind of friend you are? If so, how many friends do you have? And more importantly, do they know the kind of friend you'll be when the going gets a little tough?

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

How is it going with your old buddy Iraq?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Good, it's going good! Thanks for asking ...which I can only take to mean that you don't know.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

8. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

That's something I continue to wonder about as well. Lots of people in power are Jewish so they could have a huge bias towards supporting their homeland. We could be supporting Israel to have a permanent Western influence in that region. We could be supporting Israel to keep the area in constant instability. We could be supporting Israel because of the whacky Christians and neo-cons being highly religious trying to save "God's Chosen People". We could be supporting Israel because perhaps we found out that what happened in the Bible is actually true so we need to protect Jerusalem for when the Gods or Aliens come down and visit us again, heh.

But eh, who knows. My vote is a little bit of all of the above, heh.

- N

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

A significant number of settlers in Israel are from the US. It's their holy land, and they tend to be pretty fundamentalist about it.

10. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

65% are american jews... and for along time.. it was the only democracy in the middle east.... and of course... there are the christians... who.. then have an interest in israel.... not to mention all the jews.....

-MT

11. Happeh Registered Senior Member

Israel owns the USA and administers it as a colony. Same with Britain,Canada and Australia.

Corporate ownership, media ownership, judicial ownership, political ownership.

Citizens of the USA vie with each other over who can stick their head further up the Israeli butt in order to get elected president.

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

first of all is israel our "friend". why does america support israel? a lot of middle east countries do not like israel.

13. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Oh, I already know all that. I just didn't wanna be labelled a conspiracy nut or anti-semite again, so I decided to leave all that out and keep it simple.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

- N

14. mountainhare Banned Banned

It's probably 'going' like it did with his old buddy South Vietnam. Or South Korea. Or France.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  15. changa was far, is near Registered Senior Member

I'd say the idea of loyalty among allies is a little thin. As already pointed out here, we've abandoned many allies in the past, even gone to war with them when the alliance ceased ot be profitable. Israel is a much more unique case, andd the roots of our support are found in racism.

It's difficult to explain, because so few people are familiar even with the terminology. Nazi's hate Jews, and wish to see them destroyed. Of course all clear-thinking individuals find this reprehensible. However, nazi's are not the sole group for this attitude of racial superiority among whites.

In the USA, the Nazi mentality has never strongly taken hold, because another group already exists here that provides a home for those in despereate need of bigotry. And this alternate group holds all races to be inferior to whites, but Jews are okay because they practically are white. I am speaking, of course, of the KKK.

Most Americans have no understanding of their own history in this regards, have apparently never even read, "To Kill a Mockingbird." Most people I talk to feel that the difference between the KKK and the Nazi's is irrelevant and insignificant, and these same folks wonder why they can't understand what's going on in the world today.

This ignorance is tremendously useful if you are a bigot, because when you are accused of racism, all you need do is point out all the ways you are not a Nazi, and those charges fall apart. As if only Nazis are capable of racism.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Why not? Because fundamentalist pan-Islamic nationalists get all pissed off? Fuck 'em!

17. yeah i mean fuck the pan-islamic nationalists, lets just continue to appease the pan-judaic zionists instead. theyre all terrorists, some of them just have more money. i personally would rather leave the whole area alone and let them slaughter each other until they can learn how to get along. maybe that way we wont have people flying jet liners into our buildings because we prop up a nation of spoiled jews who want to take over other peoples countries.

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I'd imagine that it's not just the support for isreal that pisses off muslim terrorists.

19. Happeh Registered Senior Member

Oh come on. Why don't you want to be labelled? Those guys reason for existence is to find people like you and me who know what reality is, then throw things at us. They know in their hearts they have no hope of understanding world politics. They resent us for having the ability to see what is really going on. Calling names makes them feel better.

It doesn't hurt us. We both know what reality is. Why not go ahead and be nice? Say the truth and let those guys have their fun by calling names. Then they can go to sleep happy.

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yeah, but the difference is there is no pan-judaic nationalism. Israel has no desire to take over other nations, or promote Theocracy anywhere.

21. thanks im glad you speak for all the jews in israel. i think its pretty apparent that until the last 5 months they have done nothing but encroach upon and steal territory from palestine. that seems to me a blatant desire to take over someone elses country. thanks though for clarifying, now that i know the israelis are harmless and not promoting theocracy i can rest easy.

by the way its a broad generalization i think to paint the majority of arabs or arab nations as promoting pan islamic nationalism. look at the secular society of the UAE or even the secular society of Iraq prior to our destruction of it. a lot of those "islamic terrorists" probably dont care as much about religion as they do some kind of independence. at least it would be harder for extremist muslim fundamentalists to draw people to their cause if there werent so many arabs scared of US/Israeli/Western foreign policy and the negative effects it almost always has on their countries if they cant tow the line and give us the right amount of oil.

22. israel is not our friend, they are our charity case. at best a political ally, which is not the same as a friend in a world where alliances are based on relatively short lived mutual economic or political gains and are ever shifting. i would argue actually that our support of israel is more of a detriment to the US than it has ever been a benefit. i guess that makes them less "friend" and more "parasite". thanks for your input though, its well thought out as always.

23. so what, whats the point of that? i think everyone knows that nazis arent the only people capable of racism, and i dont know about you but i had to read "to kill a mockingbird" in 8th grade. there is a real and tangible difference between the KKK and the nazi party. the KKK has always been and probably will always be nothing but a fringe group operating on the margins of american culture and never will gain the sort of power or acceptance that they desire because their agenda is radical, short-sighted, bigoted, and ill-conceived. the nazis were a governing power whose policies galvanized an entire country into supporting anti-semitic programs and then they proceeded to put these violent racist and cruel policies into effect in their own country and sought to spread its influence into others. id say that sounds like two totally different things to me.

i would just like to know what youre getting at with that statement.