Land of the fat

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Avatar, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4501646.stm

Oh, and there is a BMI calculator there: http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/yourweight/bmi.shtml

p.s.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

It's not only the USA that has the problem of obesity ...it is, in fact, a worldwide problem. And it exists in countries where you wouldn't expect it, too!

Baron Max

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I know, but the thing that other countries have the same problem doesn't make your problem less problematic.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

No, but it puts it all in a different perspective. I.e., that it's not just an American problem ...as you've so implied.

Baron Max

8. apendrapew Oral defecator Registered Senior Member

I'm 6',1" at about 190 lbs at about 12% body fat. I'm overweight, but it's because of muscle, not fat.

I wish I could be more compassionate about fat people, but they're just so disgusting to me. Especially watching them eat.

9. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

And where exactly have I said that it's a US citizen problem only?
    Anyone who has at least bothered to read the article I linked to knows that it's not.

But at least in Europe there have begun to appear local government and national laws to limit this problem (healthier food and no soft drinks in schools and/or milk for free instead, ban on potato chips in education facilities, promotion of healthy life style, etc.), and we're nowhere as deep in fat as the US is.

At least here many people have recognized the problem and are doing something about it, not whining about losing money from coke sales.

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, how? Ahh, by yes, by passing more laws to limit the freedoms of the citizens!! Yeah, that's good, ain't it? That's just what American needs, too. More fuckin' laws to limit what we can do, when we can do it and ...of course, how much we can eat!! ....LOL!!

Fat people suck giant donkey dick, but passing more damned national laws ain't the way to solve the problem. Shooting the fat bastards would solve the problem very quickly! But all the fuckin' whinny-assed liberals would cry and wring their hands in despair.

We could also send them on a "fat vacation" to Somalia or Ethiopia. But passing more damned laws to limit our freedoms is the very last damned thing we need.

Baron Max

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I doubt it's 1/10000 as damaging to your freedoms as the Patriot Act

Anyways, for all I care - live in your fat freedom till explode.

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

indeed, I didn't know that the patriot act was created and passed by whinny-asses liberals.

It seems liberals are more concerned about your freedom and rights than your republican pals.

13. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Yeah, baron, I didn't know that the patriot act was passed by whiny-ass liberals. Or ANY of the other prohibitive, restrictive, paranoid laws passed by this REPUBLICAN dominated congress.

Avatar, I loved that cartoon. LOFL. Fat-assed targets.

14. J.B Banned Banned

Blacks and hispanics are by far the most obese people in the US.

15. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

There's no difference, they still live there.

16. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

17. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

I say we all just shoot ourselves and be done with the whole thing.

18. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

From "Johnny The Homicidal Maniac" comic

19. leopold Valued Senior Member

mine is 22.3

20. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Long live Johen Vasquez. I recently had my BMI done at the local army recruitment centre to see if I met regulations. The pass mark was 19. I hit 19.1. I gotta build my shit up but I have one of those crap metabolisms that just makes me burn through all the crap I eat. That and the shitload of exercise I do each day. Well, try to do...some days I just imagine myself doing it and that's enough.

Fed up of all the bullshit reasons people have when they say they can't lose weight. And then I'm supposed to be the bad guy when they go on the defensive. Drop the fucking cheeseburger and go for a fucking 10 minute jog instead!! Jesus christ the human race is going downhill fast. Thought we were supposed to get better as time went on.

21. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Thor, wait about 10-12 years and you will see just how much harder you have to work to keep the same body weight. Metabolisms slow down. Skinny kids easily become fat 30 and 40 year olds. I was never more than 170 all through my teens and twenties, no matter what I ate, and I ate a lot. Bad shit too. Predominantly, I would say. Now, I am about 6'0" and 210. Times change. I'm not saying you can't keep the weight off, but you will probably have to work a LOT harder to do so. I do.

22. OpteronGuy I just killed you Registered Senior Member

19.9 Apparently I'm in the healthy range. But I work outside all day with machines..

23. vslayer Registered Senior Member

well im supposedly just under the line for being overweight(24.5BMI), but im unable to find any flab on me. that test is seriously flawed.