Boy Accused Of Attacking 7-Year-Old With Peanut Butter Cracker

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Xerxes, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nysse God is dead Registered Senior Member

What a little bastard.
    That's really bloody dangerous, and it's not like he didn't know what he was doing, either.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Light Registered Senior Member

I think I see what you're getting at but I believe you fail to see the seriousness of his actions - probably as he did himself. If someone has an extreme allergy to peanuts, this could have easily been a life-threatening situation. You might not be aware of it but people, both children and adults, have died from this condition.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

apparently peanut allergies are so potent that food processed with machines that previously processed peanuts must be stated on the label.

8. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Imagine a monkey with peanut allergies. Poor bugger would be suicidal.

A mate of mine is allergic to peanuts and ate a flapjack I offered him. The resulting hour was full of fun and got us out of an hour of class. We both found it insanely funny as he failed to notice that not only do flapjacks contain nuts but the flapjack was made by Snickers.

9. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

I don't think the boy realized just how life threatening an allergy can be. Kids are stupid. (that's not to say he should be let off the hook.)

10. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Damned straight. People generally have an allergy against lead. Lets shove a gun in his face. That'll teach the git a lesson. Only way to do it nowadays, they never listen.

11. valich Registered Senior Member

Kind've makes me hungry. Maybe I'm pregnant? Any ways, I'd rather have eaten it.

12. valich Registered Senior Member

Geez! What the heck is going on there in Central Florida? Check out all those headlines listed below the above article:

"Man Accidentally Kills Self Practicing Cowboy Action Shooting"

"Central Florida Men Charged With Stealing Train Horns"

"Man Accused Of Exposing Self In Waiting Room"

"Florida Man Pleads Guilty To Robbing, Beating Elderly"

"11-Year-Old Florida Boy Killed In Attempted Carjacking"

"Men Threaten To Blow Up Car To Steal From Elderly Man"

"Men Sought For Torturing, Dragging Protected 12-Foot Crocodile To Death"

13. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Whatcha expect them people to do out there in the bayou?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

- N

14. valich Registered Senior Member

Yeh but, Central Florida? Isn't that where Dizzyland - I mean - Disneyland is?

15. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

16. valich Registered Senior Member

Yes. It was wrong. And the boy has to be punished for it, but not in an extreme way. He needs to be taught a lesson that will ingrain in him a sense of morality - the difference between right and wrong - such that he will never do anything like that again. A longterm prison sentence would not do that. That would have the opposite effect and end up turning him into a hardened criminal, and worse yet, ingrain in him an intense hatred for the girl that sent him there, possibly causing revenge against her when he gets out.

The boy was just too young to consider it as a severe crime. He had no idea or understanding that the results in this "very peculiar" incident could've been fatal. I can picture the whole scenario. The girl may have been complaing or saying something about her severe allergies that none of the students could understand - they were all too young. The boy that shoved the peanut cracker and crumbs on her head was probably involved with other students who probably started razzing her about it. He didn't understand, and said to himself, "Oh yea, your just scared of a little peanut butter. What a joke. How stupid (or ridiculous)" or something like like.

In any case, a 7-year old is incapable of understanding the guilt or sense of the possible severity of such an action.