Why do republicans get away with everything?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mikasa11, Dec 19, 2005.

1. mikasa11 Registered Senior Member

They have the nation and the world by the balls and think they rule by divine right. If Clinton had pulled even .0000000001% of what Bush has done, not only would he not be president, he would most likely not be alive. Likewise, if Bush had gotten a blowjob and lied about it, he would have just recieved praise for his manliness. They control every aspect of this country and still want more power and claim that they are above reproach because God is a Republican and is on their side. Is there no limit to their arrogance? Is there ANYTHING they can do and not get away with? Why, despite their moral bankrupcy, utter ruthlessness and disregard for human life, and the pure hatred and evil that oozes out of their pores, does the system have to be rigged in favor of them ALL THE TIME?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Geez, from reading your posts, that same "pure hatred and evil" seems to be oozing out of your own pores, too. Should we call your attitude hypocritical?

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. android nothing human inside Registered Senior Member

Maybe the electorate is just numb, and stupid, and generally disinclined to think in depth about political issues. So why do you (hypothetical you) still support democracy?

FOOLS

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. changa was far, is near Registered Senior Member

Only 3 posts, and already this thread's pretty far gone.

Mikasa, I felt pretty much the same way a few years ago.
    As time goes on, I recognize that Rep vs. Dem is just Ford
    vs. Chevy. Either way, you get a car that breaks down a
    lot. Just remember not to tie yourself up in knots about
    something that's beyond your personal control and
    responsibility. Do what you can, and let the rest go.

And Baron, personal attacks are not helpful. Why do you
    have to start out that way? Please note that I am not
    attacking you, as I believe you are capable of contributing
    meaningfully to this discussion and I hope that you will.
    I just don't see how random name-calling like that is
    going to help.

android, democracy is inefficient, innacurate, idiotic
    and inept. It's also the best political system ever created,
    so I'll stand by it completely.

8. Gustav Banned Banned

reps control the congress and white house
    there is no oversight as congress refuses to investigate its own party

during the dem years (97 -02), there were 1000 odd subpoenas
    for this admin, there have been three. 2 for waste disposal and one for katrina

americans would'nt recognize facism if it were rammed down their throats
    ja, we are that stupid

9. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Nein, the Busheviks are going down in flames. They are (thankfully) incompetent fascists, and it's catching up to them fast. By the time Dubya is back on the street he will be stinkier than Tricky Dick. Then we can get to work repairing the damage (for at least a generation).

10. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

11. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

Why do republicans get away with everything?

Because gays exist, and people are cowardly idiots and Republicans are loud and pretend to protect us.

12. Chryso Registered Member

I keep hearing about the super-evil Republicans and their world-domination machinations, but to be honest, I don't really see the basis for those claims. I think that is the primary problem with the Republican opposition's tactics; they claim all of these conspiratorial schemes, but no one ever sees the schemes reach fruition. It seems to me that people tend to take a small sound byte or a sentence in a report and blow it out of proportion.

Republicans corrupt? Of course.
    Republicans evil super-geniuses bent on taking over the world? Probably not.

On a side note, all this talk about Democrats and Republicans I assume refers to the politicians, not to the members of either party right? Because I know a lot of really great people who identify themselves as Republicans (and Democrats, for that matter) and they are most definitely not morally bankrupt or uncaring of human life.

-C.

13. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

This is indicative of why:

Some 40% of Americans think the Republicans aren't all that bad even as they are converting the country to a ruthless dictatorship. Before an election they spend ill-gotten gains to sway swing voters, assuring victory. I think the best solution is to shun Republican voters whenever possible. They need to know that you hold them personally responsible for their ignorance.

14. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

Nuff said.

15. Chryso Registered Member

What I meant was that there is a lot of doom and gloom preaching going on about how America is quickly becoming a dictatorship, but I see none of that happening (I am welcome to evidence otherwise, however!).

Incidentally, Republicans lose nearly as many elections as they win, so should we assume that the other parties are also using "ill-gotten gains to sway swing voters" when they win? Just asking, not trying to incite argument.

Cheers,

-C.

16. Happeh Registered Senior Member

They are willing to murder those that get in their way. It is that simple.

17. Happeh Registered Senior Member

You might have better luck if you open your eyes.

You are right about that. The Israelis are using the Republicans. The Republicans are stupid. Intelligent Design? Come on. Those guys are the special ed kids at school.

The Isrealis are using the Republicans to hide behind. They waved the oil riches of Iraq under Bush and Cheney's nose as a reward for invading Iraq and they went for it. What do they care? Bush and Cheny have set up both of their families to be Dynasties for the next 60 years with the oil contracts from Iraq. They destroyed the USA economy and world image to do it? So what? What do they care? They have billions of dollars. They will be fine whatever happens to the USA.

18. Chryso Registered Member

No, see, that's what I mean. I look everywhere to find this suppression of our freedoms and I find nothing. Can you give me an example of someone being suppressed without cause?

This is another of the talking points I hear often that I disagree with. Long before Bush was ever president and Cheney was vice-president, they were filthy rich. It didn't take the long and stressful campaigning and subsequent 5 years for them to accomplish dynastic goals. Personally, I think if people are going to take the greed angle, they should take it from the perspective of Bush/Cheney already being rich, wanted more; and what's more than wealth? Power.

But I digress, the question I originally intended was: Is there evidence that we are more suppressed and/or oppressed now than before Bush took office?

Cheers,

-C.

19. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Nobody who hasn't seen overwhelming evidence of it by now will probably never see it. Mentioning anything here would be a waste of time.

Republicans are unlikely to lose control of Congress or the White House in the foreseeable future. They have too much money now, and Americans are too ignorant and gullible on average.

20. Chryso Registered Member

Hmm, maybe I have a different idea of suppression than others, then? For example, is it suppression when Bush orders phone taps on international calls? Or when he orders the invasion of Iraq?

Because to me, suppression is more along the lines of denying citizens their right to vote, right to bear arms, etc., which I have not heard Bush attempting to do. Of course, just because I have not heard it doesn't make it so; as such, I was hoping for some examples.

Cheers,

-C.

21. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

I disagree. Republican politicians and their wealthy supporters are evil geniuses. If they could get ID to fly, they'd make $billions and be further toward their goal of converting the US to a religious dictatorship. One of their top priorities is to brainwash people to reject logical thought, so they'll work harder and/or pay more to make the leaders richer. Almost half of adults are too far gone; they're too smart. But children are still malleable.

22. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

Hey, that explains how Bush and company knew about WMD and no one else did!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  23. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

To be fair, The Israeli backers have both parties serving them. The corporate welfare state also has both parties serving them.