Bush Spies on American Citizens

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cottontop3000, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

I can't believe noone else has started a thread about this yet.

The New York Times today ran a story reporting that Bush signed a secret executive order after 9/11 authorizing the NSA (National Security Agency - U.S.) to spy on American citizens. It authorized the NSA to monitor phone calls and e-mails made by American citizens to international destinations.

In addition, the report that I saw on CNN said that the New York Times held the story for over a year at the behest of the administration. They knew about this over a year ago. Elections?

In case you are wondering, this executive order drafted and signed by president bush is illegal.

He should be tried by a court of law, and if found guilty, imprisoned.

Tonight on the NewsHour with Jim Lehrer, when questioned about it, bush said that he couldn't comment about on-going investigations.

Imo, who the fuck cares about on-going investigations when your on-going investigations are illegal.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Hasn't the NSA been spying on American citizens for years?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

They say they haven't been. Just foreigners. They have never been authorized to spy on us, without court approval. That's the funny thing about bush's executive order, apparently. It apparently authorized them to do the spying on American citizens without any type of oversight or authorization by the courts.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

the military has sattilite technology that would make cottontop blush. to be short, the military can tell what color fork you use on your next cookout. paul wolfowitz himself said quote "it's pretty nice to read a license plate from orbit"

8. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Not without court approval. Legally. Whether they do it anyway is what this thread is about, at its heart.

9. leopold Valued Senior Member

the patriot act? when it comes to the military. . . have any idea what the military hase been doing without a court order? the military never heard of a court order. the drug experiments of the 50's? sleep experiments of the 60's? in the drug experiment mentioned innocent people died and the military knew they were going to. the military needs a court order about like you need a permit to breath

10. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

So what is your point?

11. leopold Valued Senior Member

to answer the above. the military didn't have a court order for either of those.

12. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Was anyone caught and tried in a court of law for the incidents you mentioned? Was it against the law to experiment on these people? Were they volunteers?

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

the drug experiment? the way i understand it the military ran a series of double blind tests on military volunteers, the volunteers were not informed that some of the drugs that were tested was deadly in the doses administered. as far as being tried, yep you guessed the volenteers were volenteers.

14. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

I think we are on the same page here, leopold. I know the kind of shit our military is capable of. I also know the kind of shit our government in general is capable of.

My point is that I am sick of it. I want accountability. I want heads to roll. I'm sick of americans who pretend like nothing is happening. Or americans who don't care that it is happening because they are so wrapped up in and slave to the "american dream."

15. leopold Valued Senior Member

this might be off-topic but the military can spray chemicals into the air by aircraft and not tell anybody anything as long as it's for research purposes

16. leopold Valued Senior Member

at least the fbi had the good sense to give up on project carnivore.

17. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Sure they can. Anyone can do anything they want at anytime, it's just that only some of us (the weak) are held accountable for those actions and villified as evil. The powerful (for the most part) can just say they are sorry and then expect us to forgive them. They get away with it. They are, again, for the most part, above the law.

18. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

You trying to recruit me for something?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. leopold Valued Senior Member

i really don't think you have too much to worry about,our system is built in such a way that it wouldn't be long untill something is exsposed. the real problem is dealing with it when it is. enter the black man

20. leopold Valued Senior Member

i don't understand.

21. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Enter the black man? Care to elaborate?

Good. My cynicism at work. Don't worry about it.

22. leopold Valued Senior Member

the way i see it the black man is in a perfect position to keep the goernment inline. and i think you know what i mean.
    even though there is evidence that a black man can't pass a sat test (in general) i never believed this racial inferiority b.s. a sat test is not measuring the black mans strenghs. the black man knows what i mean i guess

23. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Bush is illegally spying on american citizens. Doesn't that piss you off?