Get rid of Black History Month

Discussion in 'Politics' started by madanthonywayne, Dec 17, 2005.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Morgan Freeman says the concept of a month dedicated to black history is ridiculous, and I couldn't agree more.
    Black history, black studies, the black student organization. It's all racist at its core. When I was in college, I once took a Black Student Union sign and switched the word black to white. I then posted the signs around campus and caused a huge uproar. There was no club, but you'd have thought the KKK had set up shop on campus. All I did was change one word of a sign that was already all over campus. As Mr. Freeman says, black history is American history. It shouldn't be separated into a certain month. Until we stop making these distinctions, race will always be an issue. As Mr. Freeman says:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051215/ap_en_mo/people_morgan_freeman

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Black History Month. Put it to a vote. I don't have a problem with Black History Month. Why does it bother you so much? Are you afraid it will lead to your white-ass (assumption) being enslaved some day? Why don't you focus on your dumb-ass white history and let blacks do whatever the fuck they want for a while?!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

I agree with Morgan Freeman. All they're doing is further segregating themselves with a black history month, yet the same people that are for it, are ones that are against racism. Go figure. Not very smart people in charge, heh. They're making themselves go in an endless circle not going anywhere.

Now if you'll excuse me, time to go back and watch my White Entertainment Channel.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And that's another rant. At least call it the Hip-Hop Channel or something because all you're doing is stereotyping yourselves which doesn't help the situation. And they get upset and call others racist when it's referred to as "black music" (even though 95% of the so-called "artists" are black), heh.

- N

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Nice opinion, dildo.

8. guerilla Registered Member

to:madanthonywayne & Neildo
    The whites have expoited the blacks for centuries. If you dont want blacks in ur country, then make one of your states a new country for african americans. You are the ones that brought em to america as slaves. Now it is your responsibility to take care of them. Why the fuck does black history month bother you so much?

9. Krieg Order Registered Senior Member

I hear that their are plans for making January "Jewish History Month", interesting huh?

As for the rest of the BS thats coming out of Guerillas communist mouth, if he had ever taken a college level class in American history, he would realize everything he is saying is not true.

Only a small percentage of southerners owned slaves, about 4 percent of them. slave ownership was a characteristic of the small elite upper class.

Do you know who owned the slave trade in the 1500's? it wasnt the British, it was the spanish/portugese. Therefore you cannot blame british colonialists for "bringing the blacks".

10. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Krieg, does a Jewish history month bother your dumb-ass? If so, why? You afraid of the dark, too?

11. Krieg Order Registered Senior Member

Am I angering you're degenerate communist mind? shouldnt you be out looting like a worthless worm.

No, designating January as "Jewish History Month" does not bother me, if it did i would have MENTIONED THAT IN MY POST. Learn how to read.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2005
  12. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Uh, what? Lol. Exactly WHERE did I say I don't want blacks in my country? What a moron.

What I HAVE said, is that I don't like things that target a select group of people when those types already complain about racism as what they're doing is counter-productive. You know, like black-only schools? Here they complain about not being able to go to school because it's all whites, so many years from now that they can go to school with whites.. what do they do? They do the EXACT same thing they were complaining about in the first place. They wind up making a black-only school. Do you not see the hypocracy? THAT's the problem.

Now hey, I'd have no problem with them having a black-only month/school/channel if not for the hypocracy. If they quit complaining about racists and being targetted and any other wah wah, boo-hoo they say, then I'm all for it. But for them to complain about racism and do exactly what they complain about, they're friggin idiots for doing so.

So yes, I'd have a problem with a Jewish History Month as well. Why? Well what do we always hear about? Wah wah, anti-semite, anti-semite! Doing the same thing complaining about racism or culture prejudice but then making something that only applies to them and excludes all other races and cultures. Hy-po-crits!

So hey, since it seems all those groups want MORE segregation, I'm gonna go start up a white-only channel, holiday, school, you name it. And once they start screaming bloody murder, which I can GUARANTEE you they will, I'll just point to all their exclusive things that exclude others. God, I hate hypocrits.

- N

13. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Afraid of commies too, you skinheaded punk?

14. Krieg Order Registered Senior Member

You are SADLY mistaken if you think i care what some worthless little leftist hippie cares about me.

you are displaying the EXACT behavior that is typical of leftist liberal rats, congrats on that.

Someone offends you by shedding apart you're little delusions, and you cry and whine like the moron you are.

"skinheaded ass", I assure you I am anything BUT a skinhead, but you knew that, since you are just pulling stuff out of you're ass.

I know you want to start a flame war, since you are a TROLL, but it is not worth my TIME.

15. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Obviously it is worth your time, cunt. Blow me, bitch.

16. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I think they should keep Black History Month. That way it'll keep the blacks separate from normal run-of-the-mill people ...help set them aside as different from the rest of the people.

Yeah, keep the Black History Month ...in fact, let's set up Black Entertainer Week, Black Athelete Month, Black Bank Teller Week, Black Chef Week, Black Lawyer Month, Black Judge Month, Black Actor Month, ..., hell, let's set up a Black Pulizter Prize and a Black Nobel Prize, too.

Let's keep blacks as a separate people from all others in the nation! Great idea!

Baron Max

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I see that ye're returning to your old, regular posts, Cotton. I must admit that you surprised me there for a while .....but now ye're right back at it, just as I suspected you'd do.

Baron Max

18. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Exactly. I'll keep trying to fit in, baron, just for you. I did tell you to tell me if I was going off the deep end again. Instead, you say you never had any confidence in me to start with. Oh well.

19. Bells Staff Member

Hmmm Black history month. So does this mean that 11 out of 12 months, students aren't taught about the history of African Americans? I'd have thought that since the history of African Americans is so interwined with that of White Americans, that it should not be condensed into one month but taught as part of American history. Or has political correctness led to the point where the school syllabus in the US has in effect segregated African American history?

Ahem.. not all lefties take the stance of cotton. What amuses me though is how a white man like cotton is so offended that an African American like Freeman thinks that African American history should not be devoted to only one month in the year but intergrated with general American history.

20. Bells Staff Member

LOL!

I never thought I'd see the day when Baron is on the same side as Cotton. Hilarious..

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Political correctness has prevented teachers from talking about the slavery issues, since it makes the blacks uncomfortable in history classes!

Ditto for teaching the kids that many blacks fought in the Civil War ...on the side of the SOUTH! Again, that's just too politically sensitive and might hurt some people's feelings. And we wouldn't want any feelings hurt during history class, would we?

When we teach about Custer's Last Stand, the teachers make sure there are no "Injuns" in the class, then proceed to talk about how the dirty, sneakin' red devils ambushed poor ol' Custer ...who was just out for a nice afternoon ride on the plains!!

By the way, Bells, I think Cottontop is a black man, not a white man! Now I could be wrong, of course, but I don't think so.

Baron Max

22. jack54 Registered Senior Member

I don't get it. Why don't they teach about blacks in history when they teach about other people of those areas? Like, if they are teaching about scientists then they teach about black and white scientists. Then again, I don't really get what Black History Month is. Did I grab the wrong end of the stick?

23. jack54 Registered Senior Member

Yes, not teaching something because it's too "sensitive" is stupid! Studying history that's falsified like that seems pointless is general! Why deny mistakes? So the next generation can make them again?