Autoerotic Fatalities

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Oxygen, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Ah, yes. Memories are made of this…

I was rooting through a pile of stuff I’ve had since the late 80’s to early 90’s and found an old magazine that I used to love to read. It’s called “Carpe Noctem”, and I have the very first issue open to the very article that sold me. I remember those days, when I was into lurking through cemeteries looking for neat tombstones to photograph, hanging out in the seediest, most exotic bars I could find, listening to the darkest, loudest, most morbid music I could stand. No, I wasn’t a Goth. I was just into the bizarre. I’m still into the bizarre, but I play it low-key due to the nature of this town. Back in San Jose you could get away with it. Out here they’re liable to burn you at the stake.

Anyway, here’s some bits from the article you may find, uh, well, here. And for those of you who know who he is, this is the magazine that unleashed Johnny the Homicidal Maniac on the world.

So there it is a nutshell. Can we add any more to this?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kazbadan Registered Senior Member

looooooooo!!! this is not funny but i couldnt stop...eheh , are these stories real?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. leopold Valued Senior Member

i liked the love bug case. man, can you imagine? i'm like the guy before is this for real?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

I've often wondered if any of the people in BME videos ever end up dying from the stuff they're doing.

8. leopold Valued Senior Member

BME videos? whats that?

9. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

I believe these cases to be real because I had read about the Love Bug case in another source that wasn't aimed at the demographic that Carpe Noctem is aimed at. It was from some kind of study of deviant sexual behavior in the animal kingdom in general, and homosapiens had its own chapter. Unfortunately, the book was like $500.00. Similar cases had also appeared in Psychology Today, and I'm sure such bastions of sexual behavior education like Hustler, Penthouse, etc. have carried a few such reports. I know Playgirl did one, but it was considerably tamer than the Carpe Noctem article.

My question involves the guy who died from exposure. How did his family feel about the photos and what they were being used for? How would you feel if you were one of them? I'd feel pretty creeped out and disgusted, kind of a cross between

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

and :bugeye: .

10. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Extreme body modification (er--- maybe the 'M' actually stands for 'mutilation', but I'm not sure :bugeye: ). I've seen a couple of videos floating around the internet here and there that show the people that are into it. Apparently, there are people into some pretty harsh pain-fetishes.

11. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Eww god, I recently saw one of those videos on Uselessjunk.com. FRIGGIN SICK!! I have a link of it too, but I doubt I'd be able to post it. Google "shocking body modification" if you wanna see it. :gag:

- N

12. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Yeah, like, 10,000 people die each year because of doing that. They miscalculate and end up suffocating.

13. Satyr Banned Banned

I once sprained my wrist while masturbating.

Not quite a “fatality” but the pain was deadly.

Does that count?

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Oh my god! I'm going to die!
    Anyways. Another brilliant intellectual discussion at sciforums.com.......

Yaba Daba :m:

15. draqon Banned Banned

16. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

17. leopold Valued Senior Member

yes, you posted the very same thing in a thread i created called, if i'm right, strange deaths.

i searched for the thread but can't find it. i'll keep looking. it's probably under a different title.

shit! this is the thread i was thinking about ! it was YOU that created it, not me.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  18. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

I'd have thought the tractor would be more sensationalized than the VW. But can anyone say 'ew' with me? And actually the only article I came across before was the garden hose one, I didn't know of any of the others.

I hope no one has a Starship fetish...I'll be outta here at warp 6

19. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Good article, there's a few there I haven't tried yet.

Cheers for the suggestions Oxygen.

20. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

The first and best-known UK magazine of this type is Bizarre magazine. Like most magazines these days it has a website, of course:

http://www.bizarremag.com/

It's extremely tame these days to how it was when it started out as a print-only affair. I don't buy it any more for that reason, but I still have many of the old issues and some of them are wild.

These days they've gone for mass-market appeal - unsuccessfully, I think, as no-one seems to talk about it any more. They still have some interesting stuff in amongst the pap, though - eg the current issue has an article on testicle-juicing. Or ball-draining, if you prefer. Do we need a picture? I think we do. Stand very, very still and say 'ouch':

21. Genji Registered Senior Member

Bizarre. I have humped couch cushions and soft recliners in my past. The occassional candle action, my sister's hairbrush handle (hehe) and a few incidents with stuffed animals but I never got out of control weird like the OP people.