Do you think your government is taking of you?

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by Saint, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Saint Valued Senior Member

I am from malaysia, if i were jobless, i will be starving and dieing, the government does not care for me!
    How about you? :bugeye:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. vslayer Registered Senior Member

hardly. i dont see how it is caring for me to make parents pay for schooling, and to charge people for doctors visits.

the government has become a bunch of powerhungry bureaucrats. the local council has decided that the are going to stop their campaign to pave all the roads in the district, as their funding is too low, yet they have a spare EU-7million to spend on a new headquarters which will do nothing except mean less driving for the bloody council.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

I can't think of one thing the government has helped me with. With it's taxes, my fellow countrymen, and myself are the ones paying for everything, not them.

I've never gotten unemployment, free tuition, or any other program they offer. Any problems or hardships I've had, I've taken care of it all myself. I could care less about the government except when they act like asses and continue to restrict my rights to freedom. And it seems that's all they ever do. They hinder me more than they do help.

- N

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saint Valued Senior Member

there is no stipend for you if u were jobless in malaysia, nothing is given to u from the government.

8. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

The Canadian government doesn't offer handouts (which is a good thing if past abuse is any indication). They offer limited hand-ups.

Personally, I don't mind high tax if used it to maintain social equality.

9. vslayer Registered Senior Member

but its not, in alberta they only got the minimum wage to $7 last year. thats hardly equality

10. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Well- we have the lowest taxes in Canada, a relatively low cost of living and perpetual underemployment. The average salary up north is something like $90 000/yr.