Remember remember, the 11th of September

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by mountainhare, Dec 13, 2005.

1. mountainhare Banned Banned

I was up late last night watching a fascinating documentary about the Gunpowder plot of 1605. I was always rather curious about what the British meant when they sang 'Remember remember, the 5th of November, gunpowder treason and plot'. But I could never be arsed to check it out.

Anyway, this got me thinking. The events of Sept. 11 are often used by Americans when justifying tougher laws against terrorism, invasions of sovereign nations, etc. In fact, I'd say that the event of Sept. 11 deserves its own little rhyme which Bush can recite whenever public support for his dubious policies start to flag. Just to remind everyone how they are constantly under siege from terrorists, and why we need to continue to fight a war on terrorism. His catchphrase of 'they hate our freedom' has grown tired and lame, and he needs a gitchy new little rhyme, similiar to that the British used to remind themselves that treason is never acceptable.

I've already thought of the first two lines. "Remember remember; the 11th of September." Let's just hope that the inventor of the original British rhyme allowed the public domain to use his material...

Does anyone have an idea on how to adapt the original British rhyme to suit the events of Sept. 11?

Let your creativity shine through, sciforumers!

BTW, the original rhyme is: