repubs say your against the war because you hate bush

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mikasa11, Dec 5, 2005.

1. mikasa11 Registered Senior Member

This is the ultimate projection of right-wingers like Hannity and Limbaugh and many of their followers. We're against Bush and Cheney just because they are our political enemies and we hate them? But it is the reverse projection that is true. They love Bush because they put their politics above country. They block out all the bad things that have happened to our country and all the lies that have been told because they refuse to accept, for political reasons, that their leader might be wrong. It is beyond comprehension or even possibility. The only reason the liberals hate Bush is because they want him out of power. But the reverse is actually true. They love Bush and refuse to see any faults because they want to stay in power. Liberals are mostly legitimate in their reasons for "hating" Bush but conservative are totally illegitimate in their reasons for loving Bush.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I think that beyond love/hate we are witnessing psychological defense mechanisms like projection. You may not have intended to use the word that way, but there are many ironies in the accusations hurled between camps these days.

It takes time and maneuvering for people to deal with colossal mistakes. In this case many lives and fortunes will be laid at the altar of face-saving before this era ends. When it does, the present regime will have passed into disgrace. Today's iconic Bushista pundits will of course play for time because their careers will end simultaneously with the total political discrediting of the Cheney-Wolfowitz-Rove-Bush cabal.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

Hannity and Limbaugh are beyond caring about policy. This is just a football game to them and they know which side they are playing for and rooting for. They are having fun. When they speak, Bush can no wrong, and liberals can do no right, and reality is whatever they say it is.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

thats why it will be funny as hell to watch them all get impeached.

how long do you think americans will put up with a lame duck president who refuses to acknowledge reality,has polls in the 20s,and wants to continue to fight a pointless insane war with people who never attacked us?

id give it until they reinstate the draft.

8. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

I would love to see impeachments but don't underestimate what the Republicans can do with their advertising money and their pet media to get the American people to reelect a republican congress in 2006 and therefore stop impeachment.

Even if the dems take congress they have no killer instinct and won't push for impeachment. If the dems won't prove Bush lied on WMD you can forget about impeachment.

9. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

You left wingers are projecting your own irrationality onto the right. There's plenty that Bush does that pisses me off. The medicare prescription drug plan, signing the "campaign finance reform" bill, runaway spending, budget deficits. The list goes on. I happen to agree with him on foriegn policy and believe the Democrats would be far worse on the other issues. So I'm stuck with the Republicans. It's the Left that is irrational with their opposition to Bush to the point that they root for the other side in a war. There's a name for that, it's called treason.

10. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Treason is betraying your country. This President and the war machine are busy betraying our country and our ideals over there in Iran (not Iran, Iraq) and at home.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  11. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

Is it treason to expose treason, if exposing the treason creates disunity, and if the treason to be exposed got us in to a situation that may not be winable, but might be winable if we stay united?

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Betraying our country? "Our" country? But didn't "we" elect him as president, for a second term, even while the war was going on? Who is this "our" of whom you speak?

And "our ideals"? Please explain what those "ideals" are? I'm sure that lots of people here would find it very iinteresting, if not enlightening.

Baron Max

13. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

no,bush is a dumbass ,he stole BOTH the elections,he perpetrated 9/11,he LIED to get us into 2 wars,he gave away ALL the publics money to RICH people,he HATES due procesess of law,he tortures people and murders them.

this dipshit is going to be remebered as the worst presdient EVER.

and your a worthless dumbass if you think otherwise.

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Mars, President Bush was voted into offfice in accordance with the laws of this great nation. Twice! So instead of railing against the president, perhaps you should be railing against the voters of the USA ....the ones who put him into office ...TWICE!

You can call him whatever you wish, but that doesn't change one, single thing ...he's still the President of the United States, and he was duly elected by the people.

Baron Max

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

George Bush is not my president.

16. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, if ye're one of them thar' damned furriners, then I guess not. But I didn't know you were a damned furriner??!

Baron Max

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'm an American.

If Bush was voted into office in accordance with the law, then why did the Supreme Court make a one-time exception in Bush V. Gore? They specifically didn't want their decision to become a precedent. (afraid the dems would use it perhaps?)

18. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

If ye're an American, then President Bush is "your" president .....and all the denial in the world won't change it.

Supreme Court issue? You agree with the Supreme Court on other issues, you believe other such august bodies like the UN and the bullshit of Declar. of Human Rights crap, yet here you DON'T agree with them. Is this just a "pick n' chose' what you want and don't want, what you like and don't like, what you'll do and not do? And no one has any powers over SpiderGoat? If so, it sounds like an over-inflated ego.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Since when did the Supreme Court ever interfere with a state election, and declare that it's only for "this one time"? I guess that state's rights dogma was just alot of hot air. This decision was unlike any other.

20. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

But you agree with the Supreme Court on other issues, right? So are you really a "pick n' choose" sorta' guy? ...one with a huge, overly inflated ego?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I don't necessarily agree with it's decisions all the time, but at least I respect them, except for Bush v. Gore, which was highly partisan.

22. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

this is america,we DONT APOINT PRESIDENTS.

and how is FRAUDULANT evoting machines NOT stealing an election?

the GAO said the 2004election was stolen.

im going to take their investigation and MOUNTAINS of evidence as proof.

23. mikasa11 Registered Senior Member

He wasn't voted into office by the american people, he was voted into office by diebold. So rally against the voters who DIDN'T elect Bush? Logical Baron.

If this was a liberal that stole the election like Bush did it would be "ALL" over the news! And everyone would know about it.

I won't even mention this unwinnable war we're in. (Considering there's absolutely no logical debate that explains why we're there. It's nothing except talking points and propoganda.)