Racists have low IQs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by android, Nov 28, 2005.

1. android nothing human inside Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, if only one study is what you call "proof", then I'm astounded. Perhaps you should do a bit more research, or else the "racists' research" will overwhelm you!

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. android nothing human inside Registered Senior Member

Where did I use the word "proof"?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Light Registered Senior Member

It's clearly implied in your title. Otherwise, you should have used qualifiers like "perhaps" or "may" - but you certainly did not.

8. android nothing human inside Registered Senior Member

Nope, that's the title of the article as I found it.

9. Facial Valued Senior Member

Although the study may be slightly flawed and biased on a personal scale, the statistics to indeed point out that racists are less intelligent. I have seen it on this forum and elsewhere.

Although I agree with the overall conclusions of these studies, I particularly am vexed at the one on college major (people in liberal arts are less intelligent?)

10. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

It angers me greatly, that neonazis use the German Imperial Banner as a racist symbol- disgusting and offensive to us monarchists.

11. android nothing human inside Registered Senior Member

Maybe they're measuring intelligence incorrectly; there are more bullshitters in the liberal arts, but there are also many smart people.

I think there's a difference between bigots and people who, scientifically, recognize the difference between races. Bigots say "X race is bad, let's kill them all." It's not bigoted to want to preserve your own tribe by excluding other races, and the people who take that perspective, to my mind, are often quite intelligent.

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I agree.

But by the views of most people of the west, that statement is bigoted, prejudiced and racist (and any other word that means "bad"!). Welcome to the real world.

Baron Max

13. john smith Tongue in cheek Registered Senior Member

@ thread topic;

this really isnt suprising to me, all we have to do is look at what kinds of people are racists, how they show these 'feelings', and how they behave on a constant bases, and we can all see that anyone with a high IQ would be less likely to hold views such as these racists.

As a side note, i dont really think that in many circumstances 'IQ' can count for all that much.

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So ye're judging all racists on the actions/thoughts of just a few? How interesting. Can I use the same method to judge all blacks and/or all Muslims?

Baron Max

15. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

Baron : Can you list the names of people of different ethnicity in history whom you admire and list the reasons you admire them?

Thanks

c20

Last edited: Nov 28, 2005
  16. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I do not think I am now a racist, but as I was never north of the Mason/Dixon line prior to going to Cornell, I know I was one at one time, when I went north of the M&D line. Being a racist has little to do with intelligence. I think the following is from the "three penny opera" but in any case this is the basis of racism:

"…you have to be carefully taught,
    before you are 6 or 7 or 8,
    to hate all the people your parents hate.
    you have to be carefully taught..."

I became active in the civil right movement as a graduate student, in part to transform myself. (Partially because some attractive girls from Gaucher College were participating, I must admit.) I was transportation coordinator for Baltimore’s "Civic Interest Group" and we opened the restaurants and movies houses to all that summer.

I never, during that summer, was able to see a pretty white liberal girl kissing one of the black guys in the group, without being disturbed by it. I was open about this and in effort to make others understand, I discussed the bases of biases/ prejudices in general with them. I claimed all have some, and still do make this claim.

First, I got them to agree that a bias or prejudice is an emotional reaction without any rational foundation as a working definition. Then I would usually ask them to spit in a clean glass till the liquid was an inch deep, wait a minute and then drink it. Some would do so, but none could thereafter deny that they too had irrational biases/ emotional reactions/ prejudices as we had defined them.

One of the things I like about living in Brazil, is that at least in the masses, the social integration of the races is very well accepted. There is still a lot of economic discrimination, blacks live in poor areas more than whites, get less education in there schools, end up in average, in less paid jobs, etc. but it is a lot better than the USA I remember and I am glad to say that I now take pleasure when I see a white lady as the companion of a black man. - I have finally achieved a goal I set for myself long ago.

Summary: intelligence has little to do with racism, but years of using it can make a difference if you want it to.

As further proof that intelligence has little to do with racist attitudes, consider: that I was always a strong believer that everyone had the right to chose their own friends, yet white girls should not kiss black boys was also my view at one time!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2005
  17. john smith Tongue in cheek Registered Senior Member

Your tryin to tell me you dont??

18. Krieg Order Registered Senior Member

According to this ridiculous and absurd website, the average IQ of a racist is 95. Do they fail to realize that is still ten points higher then the average IQ of a certain racial group i will not mention by name?

Sites like this are so ridiculous, they make me laugh.

19. duendy Registered Senior Member

haha...LOOK at how this racist screams and shouts at the mere mention HIS/HER prcious IQ may be 'low', yet will be first in line to put down a whole people tey are low IQ....i couldn't give a shite bout the fukin stupid IQ crap. i am just making a point

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

You seem to be measuring with two sticks here. If we object to some statistics brought forward by some racist we always get blamed for not seeing the obvious and the 'proof'.

And now we see some numbers saying racists are not very intelligent over all and you suddenly object.

Does this mean you only like numbers when they agree with your own position?

Still, according to racist viewpoints we smarter non racist should not mix with the low intelligent racist. Surely racists must admit that it would be better for the white race. If they have an ounce of integrity and logic.

21. FuJiMan Registered Senior Member

You must feel pretty smart now do you?

22. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Humans? That is the only actual race, you know. The human race.
    Dumbshit.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. syedsameer Registered Senior Member

Maybe you shouldn't use the word "IQ". It refers to a physical characteristic of a human and it is simply impossible for it to differ in human beings according to their thoughts. You can say that "The views of racists are not smart, and are not intellient" but you can't, in many a cases, call a racist *person* unintelligent. It is possible for a genius to be a racist. While on the other hand it is possible for a not-so-bright person to be a racist as-well. So I'd say that the views of racists may not be so intelligent, but as a person you can't tag them as "unintelligent" or any different from non-racists. They're both humans with almost the same characteristics, the IQ level differs in all human beings and saying that "Racists have low IQ or these people with these certain beliefs have a low IQ" is stupid and in no way is true. Please check the defintion of "Intelligence", and "I.Q.". (No offense intended in any way, shape, or form.)