Losing faith in the bbc

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kenworth, Nov 17, 2005.

1. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

this has been happening for a while now,even serious news shows/websites have started becoming gimicky.i am refferring to the story about fidel castro

http://news.bbc.co.uk/

perhaps i am just being overly sensitive but doesnt this seem inappropriate?first of all its a pun,second of all its basically making fun of a quite horrible illness and third it gives a very obvious slant to the story.,opinions?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Light Registered Senior Member

?????

Sorry, but I don't see any of what you're talking about. Perhaps you're taking the title (about "loosing his grip") too seriously because it doesn't have to be a pun at all. But I don't see anything that matches your other complaints. Would you point them out?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. duendy Registered Senior Member

It is strange you should bring up abpout this....i wasmyself tinking of mentioning about the BBC after an experience watching it last night..!!!

OK, itwas about 7/7. a really harrowing account about the Lndon Bombings......so what's my review?
    i noticed the docu --considering its very serious content WAS gimmicky. it wasusing th kind of techniques used for the police shows, etc....quick cut editing, quick zooms, etc. ANDVERY annoyinly using americanized-like muzak to mnipulate the viewers mood, whic pissed me off. it pisses me off in aregular american fiction prog, never mind one about such a REAL event that only happened a short while ago

THENi find out that ALS on BBC te head cop of Scotland ard is giving a lecture asking the public to follow phony Bliar's demand for NINETY days custody for 'suspected terrorists'....so obviously the timing of these wo evewnts/prigs is PROPA_FUKIN_GANDA!

in thedocu, near rthe end it had the firemen talking who had actually had to go into the carriages where the most horror was.....they made sure they kept this quote from a fireman kept to the last...he siadthat eg 'this war on terrorism...will heve no end ....'..NOW, anyone savvy about what is going on will know that the secret power motive is to creatre a scenario where there is a 'perpetual war on terrorism' and tis gives tem cart blanche to take away more and more civil liberties tus accrueing more power over people......so i was really pissed off with the BBC and will soon let them fukin know i know!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

the link on the news front page said "shaky grip on power".