2nd Ammendment

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jayleew, Nov 9, 2005.

1. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

Why are some cities like San Francisco adopting city laws that infringe on the constitutional right to bear arms? How is it possible for a city ban of firearms to be passed which conflicts with the US Constitution? Apprently, they have to turn in their guns in April. I heard that this was one of the first things Stalin and Hitler did to control the populace from uprising. Is that correct? Does this sound like good legislation to you? Why did our fore fathers even make that stupid ammendment anyway?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

A city or town or county or even a state in the US can pass any law that they want almost any time that they want. But the key to it is how it will stand up to the challenge of courts .....and those gun laws simply can't stand the scrutiny of the Constitution of the United States. ...and the law will be overturned.

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. top mosker Ariloulaleelay Registered Senior Member

Look, I feel the same way about guns as I do drugs. People will get them whether they are legal or illegal so why make a law?

However, the delusions of being able to own arms in case of a revolt is just ridiculous. Seriously, does anyone really think they are going to be able to take down the US government and army iwth a few hand guns? Get real...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

dont worry the nra [sadly] will protect OUR rights. worthless fags ruining it for all the liberals.

i like ALL my rights,from free speech to a fair trial.

if the dems want to win america back,cutting more freedoms is not going to do it.

also,cops are scared to death of an armed citizenry,thats why they travel in heavily armed packs,every single regime throu all of history unarms its citizens before they lock you down.

value your constitutional freedoms or you will lose them.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The second ammendment is about a well-organized militia (National Guard), not a bunch of redneck gun-nuts needing to fight the feds.

9. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Right now Modesto is severely understaffed in the law enforcement department. Once the punks figured that out, drive-by shootings erupted on the street perpendicular to mine. They happened once, everybody ducked. They happened twice, three houses returned fire. They haven't happened since.

I don't keep my guns for revolution. I keep them for defense. My husband didn't want guns in the house when we got married, but I remained adamant. Three times in my life I've had to draw down on someone, and I don't care to have a fourth time happen and not be armed.

10. chuck u farley Registered Senior Member

No offense, but that is the stupidest thing you have ever written here. Please do a little research about the second amendment so that in the future you don't come across as being so incredibly ignorant. Thank you.

11. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

typical liberal wussiness[ i AM a demacrate,and the gun issue is WHY we lose]. any one who likes the constitution is a redneck..

in florida we passed the right to shoot someone if they threaten you,violent crime has dropped 80%.and so far no one that i know of has had to shoot anyone.

funny how guns PREVENT violent crimes.not cause them.

if the hippies had brought guns instead of bongs,vietnam would have been over in a week,weed would be legal,and we would not be in iraq right now.thanks worthless hippies.

12. Roman Banned Banned

Ever read any Abbie Hoffman?

13. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

"However, the delusions of being able to own arms in case of a revolt is just ridiculous. Seriously, does anyone really think they are going to be able to take down the US government and army iwth a few hand guns? Get real..."

Who says the gun owner has to be part of the 'revolt'?? Do you think 1,000 cars would be burning each night in the US??? **** NO! People burning cars would be shot by gun owners! LOL

As far as citizens vs the Military, I would say "stalemate". Being that there are 200 Million+ guns out there...you couldnt exactly roll Tanks thru LA and carpet bomb New York. The Military's options would be quit limited. Not that any revolt could defeat the U.S. Military. But I tend to believe that we are as a whole a happy society, and while we might have problems, we are not going to go to that level.

14. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Oh damn, the San Fran handgun ban passed? Damned hippy democraps. Time to head back to the gun forums..

When are people gonna realize that laws don't get rid of anything, it only hinders LAW-ABIDING citizens. So law-abiding citizens no longer have guns, but the criminals and gang members continue to. Idiots. Good luck protecting yourselves.

You can't even use a baseball bat to defend yourself. Did you know that protecting yourself with a baseball bat falls under having a baton without a license and is considered a FELONY whereas someone having a concealed handgun without a permit on them is only a misdermeanor? Have fun trying to talk yourselves out of a criminal hurting you since that's the only thing you're capable of. Oh wait, next they'll want the 1st amendment gone too so you won't even be able to do that.

- N

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

And somehow civilized countries have less violent crimes than the US with strict gun laws.

I wonder how you explain that.

16. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

17. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

canada has more guns per capita then the u.s. but has almost no violent crime compared to the u.s.

there is not one shred of evidence that even romotly suggests that less guns=less crime.

an african country banned guns outright,now the gangs all use crossbows and midevil weaponry.

we have the second amendment to balance the governments authority over us,we are afraid of cops,and they are afraid of us.

i think everyone should be issued a gun at birth,and anyone who doesnt like guns can get body armour instead.

but i will remain a demacrate and try to change the entire mind set of ''guns are bad somehow,because bad people use guns'' or whatever rational the worthless queers and cowards use to justify their hatred for the constitution.

18. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Criminals ARE criminals simply because they DON'T obey the laws .....and yet so many people think that passing a NEW law is going to make all of those criminals become nice guys ...instantly! And crime will simply stop! ...LOL!

The only people who'll obey that new law will be law-abiding citizens ...NOT the criminals. Geez, guys, is that really, seriously, so hard to understand?

Baron Max

19. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Yes, unfortunately It's not politically correct to mention this - and the rightiesclam that only the left use political correctness for their ends!

That being said, I'm not anti-gun. I quite like fire-arms, have done a bit of target shooting - don't actually own a gun, wouldn't get enough use out of it, and I'm not stupid enough to think that it's handy for self defense in an urban environment. I think that America's history and strong gun-culture would make it imposable to ever truly have a ban on civilian fire-arms, and quite like the war on drugs it would be a futile battle anyhow as they'd still be readily available via black-market channels.

That doesn't, however, mean that I approve of all this dick-extension "self protection" and "it's my right" Bullshit that the NRA drums up every single time there's a measure anywhere in the country dealing with gun control. The "Castle" law they passed in Florida, which essentially allows anyone to use lethal force against anyone so long as they say that they felt sufficiently threatened is an utter travesty and frankly counter to civilization itself. No one is made safer by making it easier and less risky to kill people anywhere. I also can't fathom what gets the NRA so upset about background checks - I guess that they feel we're all safer when we allow criminals and the mentally deranged easy access to any fire arm they like.

20. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Here's a funny post I found on calguns.net:

- N

--------------------

From CraigsList
    http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/rnr/110053763.html

I hate San Francisco

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: pers-110053763@craigslist.org
    Date: 2005-11-09, 12:14PM PST

I can't tell you how angry I am. I'm a 22 year old crack dealer and operate just off Market and 6th. I also do a bit of pimpin'. You say that's illegal??? I don't give a ****.

I always carry a lot of cash, usually 5 or 6 thousand dollars in my pocket. But I'm a cheap bastard, I admit it. If I want something I see in a store, I usually just ****in steal it. People don't **** with me, cause they know I'm packing. I just lift up my shirt a bit so they can get a glimps of it in my waistband. That works all the time. It's a nice stainless Ruger .357 mag. Small, but real easy to draw and packs a major ****in' punch... 5 punches in fact. And I'll deny it in court, but I've had to use it... it's gotten me out of trouble a few times.

But now I've got a problem. You see, I'm still gunna deal crack and women, but now I can't carry my Ruger. What the **** am I gunna do now that it's illegal to have a gun? Carry a freeking baseball bat? A lead pipe? I don't want to get into trouble by having a gun... I mean ****, it's illegal!!!! I don't want to break the gun law!!! Guess I'll just have to get a big ****in knife. 'Cause if I get popped by the cops while I'm dealing dope and pussy, I don't want to have a gun on me.

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

21. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Neildo, I see your straw-man and raise you one post full of hyperbole.

Say, what about the bearing arms part of the 2nd amendment? Why don't the gun-nuts get all fuming over that one? I mean, say I'm in Nevada - a rather gun-friendly state, I'm allowed to own pretty much any old gun I like, and by old gun I mean Browning M2 .50 cal machine gun, but if I mount that sucker on top of my hummer you KNOW I’m gonna' get pulled over, and my vehicle's gonna' be impounded - just for bearing the arm. To make things worse, I can't just walk around waving a hand gun around, just brandishing a weapon is a crime in most places! Friggiln' liberal pussies ruin all the fun of owning a gun - if I can't put on my "fag patrol" t-shirt and sling a rifle over my shoulder and march around outside of gay-bars, then what the hell is the point of owning a gun anyway?

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Check out the crime stats for Florida ...after both '88 and the recent "Castle Doctrine" law ...you might change your mind about being safer.

The major crime stats dropped in Texas also when the "right to carry" passed. Check out some of the other states with 'right to carry' laws, too. So don't just give us your opinion, check the statistics and you'll be more educated about guns and crime.

Baron Max

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

...LOL! Mystech, your last post is so funny that I can't actually believe that YOU typed it up and posted it! ...LOL!

Baron Max