U.s. - China Commission

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kmguru, Nov 4, 2005.

1. kmguru Staff Member

U.S. - CHINA COMMISSION TO RELEASE 2005 ANNUAL REPORT TO CONGRESS

Offers Numerous Recommendations for Congressional Action

The United States-China Economic and Security Review Commission (USCC), a bipartisan Commission established by Congress in 2000 to investigate, analyze and provide recommendations to Congress on the economic and national security implications of the U.S.–China relationship, today announced that it will release its 2005 Annual Report to Congress at a press conference to be held Wednesday, November 9, 2005 on Capitol Hill. The Report will highlight the USCC’s conclusions and recommendations about the direction of U.S.–China relations. Among the topics it addresses are:

My recommendations are in blue. Let us see how much it differs from theirs when it comes out.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

• China’s mixed record of compliance with its World Trade Organization commitments and the sufficiency of U.S. enforcement measures; [Lip service is better than none]

• The undervaluation of China’s currency; [Not happening anytime soon, and when it happens, we will have nothing to sell to them, and their products will cost more at WalMart - too bad for middle class and poor]

• China’s growing use of global capital markets and the implications for U.S. investors and security interests; [Good for US investors, bad for US People]

• China’s rapidly expanding energy needs, its rising dependence on imported oil, and the impact on global and U.S. energy markets; [Well, stop buying from China, then it will not need that much energy to produce the goods that Americans use]

• China’s military modernization efforts, their effect on the cross-Strait military balance, and implications for U.S. security interests; [Oh, no problem, we have our old people called National Guards to fight...shape up folks...]

• China’s role in the North Korean nuclear crisis; [China will do nothing and North Korea is not stupid to threaten China, besides, China probably has spies there to kill the dictator if he gets out of line]

• China’s growth as a platform for technology development and production and its impact on the U.S. economy and defense industrial base; [We are screwed] and

• The Chinese government’s efforts to control the flow of information to its people via the Internet and other media; [We control our people through media...so what is new!]

• The overall state of U.S. policy toward China. [Beg for credit?]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

What are your credentials for international economics and international diplomacy? Without such credentials, your recommendations and/or suggestions and/or predictions mean nothing. I've heard winos on the streets shouting such things, but I usually don't listen.

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

Originally Posted by Baron Max
    I seldom, if ever, ask anyone to believe anything I say .....and it's damned seldom that I make any statements on this forum.

So why show your stupidity again? You know I will feed them back to you.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

But how can I learn from you intelligent, knowledgeable world scholars if I don't ask questions? Should I just believe everything that everyone posts? ...without any backup or evidence of facts?

Sure I'm ignorant ...that's why I'm trying to learn things. Y'all are some of the smartest people on the planet, so it's natural that I want to learn from you. Please help me learn to be a world-class scholar, too.

Baron Max

8. kmguru Staff Member

Sure you are ignorant! But you do not have the capacity to learn either. It is as if you your brain has holes like a collander and everything leaks out everytime it goes in.

So, possibly you can not learn anything even if you are in this forum for a long time. How can you? Go, see a doctor for possibly senile dementia. After taking the pills, come back, learn some, before asking stupid questions.

By then, the report will be out. Good luck with the doctor.

BTW: I am retired from doing international diplomacy, but I am still engaged in international sustainable economic developments since 1980. My first client was China.

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Okay, Kmguru, from now on, I'll believe everything that you say. Thank you for the first lessons. Now if I can just figure out what to do with those lessons???

Baron Max

10. kmguru Staff Member

You are welcome. You could use the lessons to teach others to vote intelligently or do nothing while being nice to people.

Second lesson next time...

Last edited: Nov 5, 2005
  11. kmguru Staff Member