anit matter in space

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by ArtofWar, Nov 2, 2005.

1. ArtofWar Registered Senior Member

anti matter in space

is it feasible to suppose that Anit-matter can exist on it's own? does anti matter exist without matter? Now i undestand that space consists of invisable matter inwich we cannot see or atleast in theory. My question though is, can anti-matter exist in corporeal form in some celestial existence in this universe?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2005
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Anti matter exists. Why should it matter where it is?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. orcot Valued Senior Member

Yeah it can exists here but it proberly has as much surviving changes like a target in a shooting stance. Any mater that would touch it would be converted into pure energy.
    So as long that no matter touches it anti matter is perfectly fine and safe, and can life happely ever afther

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

. If you had enof of it it could even form stars and planets with as much change to evolve intilligent lifeforms on it like on a normal matter planet hope this helps.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lucas Registered Senior Member

Yes anti matter exists on its own. though it's strange that antimatter exists in very little amounts. It would be more natural that the amounts of matter and antimatter were similar, but as far as we know, all the galaxies, stars and planets that we have observed seem to be composed of matter

To explain the baryon asymmetry (the predominance in the number of baryons over antibaryons), Sakharov proposed the Sakharov conditions, that are conditions necessary for the asymmetry to take place. The conditions are:

1)Some particle reactions must violate baryon number
    2)Violation of CP symmetry
    3)Departure from local thermodynamic equilibrium

AFAIK, these conditions are still part of the mainstream theory explaining the matter/antimatter asymmetry

And yes, it would be possible the existence of some live beings composed of antimatter, though it wouldn't be recommendable to shake hands with them. besides, they don't need to be living any celestial existence of any sort

Last edited: Nov 2, 2005
  8. ArtofWar Registered Senior Member

Helpful insight from a couple of you. My reasoning in this questionis that since anti matter can't be seen until contact with matter as we know it (BOOM) for short periods of time which enables us to examin it's existence.

Yeh unless those who were inclined to do so were all kamakaze, if you were for sacrificing yourself for a cause, it would be a much easier decision knowing that you are aways guaranteed an equal trade offin terms of mass that will joing you on your journey to hell...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

secondly about what i meant by celestial existence. I meant out there in space and not alien or foreign to any particular, but rather in a place where our laws donot apply like "Matter" constitutes all.

9. orcot Valued Senior Member

Actually anti matter can be seen before it explodes and should look a bit like his matter counterpart. The energy it radiates is on a macroscopic scale aboud the same like normal matter.
    For this reason it is possible to stock anti matter in a vacuum with a electromagnetic field (AKA you can stock anti-matter in a matter container).

10. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

anti matter can exist anywhere that matter can

11. URI IMU Registered Senior Member

IMO, antimatter is anti spin..... anti the anisotropic spin of the energy flows of the Universe.

Antimatter would not normally occur because of the anisotropy, I think anti spin + spin = annihilation.